ADVERTISEMENT

Bajakian suing the university for defamation

Per ESPN.
Getting on the gravy train? Does he really have a case?
According to ESPN: 'According to the lawsuit, Bajakian lost the chance to have his contract renewed, could not land comparable employment and suffered reputational damage.' and 'Northwestern ranked 120th nationally in yards and 129th in scoring during Bajakian's tenure.' Seems to me that all the university needs to do is point to the stats to answer all of allegations in the lawsuit.

Tomorrow is one year anniversary of PF firing

You kind of forgot to mention the facts that the offense sucked the entire time he was at the helm, and one other pretty key thing happened before things improved immediately: Fitz was fired and Braun took over

Even though your comment "the offense sucked the entire time he was at the helm" is blatantly false, I'll play along and try to make your argument for you (if you could make the argument that would be better)

It appears that you think Braun (or was it Skip Holtz) made Bajakian a better offensive coordinator than he was under Fitzgerald?

Reality says we got Ben Bryant who was a much better QB than we had the previous 2 seasons (and in my opinion better than Ramsey).
That is the primary reason the offense improved.

And it is really obvious that Braun produced a much better defense than O'Neil.

In all likelihood, just using common sense, we would have had a better season with Fitzgerald as head coach. Arguably minus the chaos and Braun's inexperience, we'd have beaten Rutgers in the opener. We were a mess in that game. The Penn State game turned into a blowout because Braun went for it twice on 4th down inside of our 35 yard line, trailing 17-10 in the 3rd quarter, reflecting his inexperience. Bryant's concussion on 3rd down on the PSU 1 yard line (attempting to pass) in the 4th quarter of that same game presumably cost us wins against Iowa and Nebraska. With Sullivan at QB for those games, the offense could do nothing and we were unable to pull out a win.
Reactions: CMcCat

Ten Questions: 2. What will Zach Lujan's offense look like?

I have a lot of confidence in Lujan as a guy who fits scheme to personal, mixes in a lot of looks, stays on top of modern ways of playing offense, and developing his QBs and calling the game in a way that helps them. My big question is definitely just in his experience as he’s matched up with some very experienced and equally smart defensive playcallers and how he handles losing a lot more personnel matchups, taking away bigger chunks of his playbook than he’s used to.

If our offensive line can be even mediocre this year I have every confidence he’ll be able to get the ball in the hands of our many weapons quite a lot of different ways.
I hope lujan and Co. Kick some ass for the foreseeable future. I fear though he'll wind up head coach material soon. But if we make a bunch of bowl games/wins...I wish him well. I hope Braun gets another rising star then!

Pat Goss- Interim AD?

Have to give whomever made this happen credit. Agree with the need for stabilization and in moving aside the former lead into a slot where they could do no further harm either through past actions (or inactions by dialing it in). Hopefully the group of donors/leaders working behind the scene to dampen the dumpster fire aspects of the department continue to move things forward. We have to acknowledge there are a lot of positives the kast year- winning basketball and football seasons with post-season appearances, flood of money coming in, temp lakeside football facility, new stadium, etc. Just hope the positive direction continues after the blowup last year. Thanks to those behind the scene working to push the program back on track. Not done yet cleaning up the mess but definitely some good moves have been made so far.
Yup. There’s still so many good things happening in our department both on and off the field. We need leadership to stop getting in its own way.

Ten Questions: 2. What will Zach Lujan's offense look like?

I have a lot of confidence in Lujan as a guy who fits scheme to personal, mixes in a lot of looks, stays on top of modern ways of playing offense, and developing his QBs and calling the game in a way that helps them. My big question is definitely just in his experience as he’s matched up with some very experienced and equally smart defensive playcallers and how he handles losing a lot more personnel matchups, taking away bigger chunks of his playbook than he’s used to.

If our offensive line can be even mediocre this year I have every confidence he’ll be able to get the ball in the hands of our many weapons quite a lot of different ways.

OT? Just Learned that the Forbidden City is Actually Northwestern Territory, Literally The Purple Forbidden City

With Lou off in Malaysia maybe I can get away with this arguable OT post from my own recent travel to the other side of the globe.

Below, this is the Inner Courtyard of China’s Forbidden City which fronts three primary residential Palace buildings.

On the right is where the Emperor had his bedroom. In the middle is where the Empress resided. It also is the location of the bridal chamber in which an Emperor and his new bride would be locked for 3 days to spend their wedding “night” before the Emperor would move into his own palace building.

The third palace building on the left would house the night’s selected concubine who would be under the supervision of the Empress.

The Chinese term for Forbidden City is Zijincheng literally, “Purple Taboo Fortress”, Zi (Purple) jin (taboo) cheng (fortress).

(The reference to Purple is a reference to Ziwei, the Purple Jade (North) Star in the heaven above. In effect, the Purple [jade]Taboo Fortress on earth is its replication.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oDGEjNHSeo

n6rlof4f3tpg.jpg

05vgvhs1ppmz.jpg

5o3cs3xit2b7.jpg

f7r5q013gdkx.jpg

febs54p6yrbe.jpg

gj4bbe9ckq7d.jpg

g5s546gz6qke.jpg

Athlon - Anonymous coaches on NU

You win and lose as a team.

No one really has Os that Frosh or RS Frosh can walk into

You are so intent on giving McCall absolutely no credit for anything. You have to remember that coaches are extremely limited in amount of time they are able to be in contact. The finer points require a lot more time than they are allowed to spend with players. They can recommend things but reality is that the finer points which are often the difference take a lot more time than coaches are allowed. For all we know, McCall may have even recommended Baz
Oh I give him plenty of credit for the bottom tier offenses of suck that he consistently fielded.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT