ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Running Back rankings

I love JJ! Did you scroll to #1 and re-watch the Saquon Barkley run in the Rose Bowl? That was epic!

It's great that we have JJ. I think we'll need him because half of our games are with teams that also have a top-ranked running back.

I know "5-11, 193" isn't ideal size for a running back, but they referred to him as "diminutive." He's not THAT small.

Just another worthless list among many. JJTBC is top ten in the country. One of the most productive runners in college football.

He should be higher.

I think on that list there are exactly two others I would rather have instead of JJTBC - Barkley and Jones (whom I am a fan of). Everyone else I would take JJTBC.

Just another worthless list among many. JJTBC is top ten in the country. One of the most productive runners in college football.

He IS top 10 on that list, so not sure why you're saying it's worthless.

Probably just saying that there are no awards for being on that list, and NOT being on it wouldn't make him any less valuable.

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better. There are tons of lists and most are useless, they validate nothing.

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better. There are tons of lists and most are useless, they validate nothing.

Yes! Let's just stop talking about football until the season is over. Then we will have all the substantive data available to us.;)

I think on that list there are exactly two others I would rather have instead of JJTBC - Barkley and Jones (whom I am a fan of). Everyone else I would take JJTBC.
a healthy Nick Chubb and/or heathy Royce Freeman... and maybe Guice

I don't care who puts what on their list- gimme JJTBC all day any day. He is a TRUE Wildcat and I love him on our team

In 2014, there were just 3 APB's rated ahead of JJTBC by 247.....one was Joe Mixon, and the second was Christian McCaffrey. Both went high in the last NFL draft. JJTBC is a special talent.

And those of you who think these ratings are useless are fooling yourselves.

I think it will be interesting to see if JJ can be an even better RB this year.

We assume that guys can develop year to year but we saw last year that Walker may have gotten stronger but was dinged up a little and looked a little slower. Walker was still very impactful but didn't seem particularly improved, season to season. Perhaps it was the supporting cast but his stock didn't improve much if any last year.

I'm sure JJ is training to add strength and speed but the two abilities can be mutually exclusive. Hopefully he hasn't reached his apex game. Excited to find out.

In 2014, there were just 3 APB's rated ahead of JJTBC by 247.....one was Joe Mixon, and the second was Christian McCaffrey. Both went high in the last NFL draft. JJTBC is a special talent.

I never said he wasn't, nor that they were...

We assume that guys can develop year to year but we saw last year that Walker may have gotten stronger but was dinged up a little and looked a little slower. Walker was still very impactful but didn't seem particularly improved, season to season.
AWalk was pretty candid that he hurt his knee in training camp and couldn't work as hard in practice, hence the extra weight and loss of quickness. By the bowl game he was pretty darn impactful, see for example the Connor stop on 4th and goal which turned the tide of the ballgame.

JJTBC has been remarkable injury free for someone who carries the ball as much as he does. Fingers crossed for a 4th injury free season!!

Your qualifier of "healthy" is exactly why I would take JJTBC - staying healthy at that position is rare and valuable.

Guice is a good call - he is a beast.

Reactions: DaCat

Ratings are little different than a miter saw or hammer drill: they are only as effective as the person who uses them. A good craftsmen never blames his tools. When an idiot has a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Reactions: epicbret
Your qualifier of "healthy" is exactly why I would take JJTBC - staying healthy at that position is rare and valuable.

Guice is a good call - he is a beast.
oh fore sure that makes a difference, and JJ's durability in spite of his workload is amazing. That said, if all those guys are indeed healthy this year (all indications are yes), then it's a pretty hard choice.

Personally I'd take JJ over them all this year, as I know he's of the utmost character. But in terms of handing them the rock and getting results, he's not necessarily in a tier of his own. He's amazing, but there are several amazing backs every year.

Reactions: DkeCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT