ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half

If this was a home game, I'd sit through the next offensive series and leave assuming no score. Lifeless, drab performance today. I expected as much on the defensive side with like zero CBs, but the offensive ineptitude is baffling.

I got to believe that Justin is not 100% healthy today.
He's fine but there is an easy recipe to beat NU bc the line is bad you can blitz every frickin play and not fear a run

That was too easy. 3rd down differential killing us by keeping our defense on the field.

Did not see this coming. Getting stream rolled by Duke.

Very well.... just haven't had a chance to see it. He doesn't seem to accelerate after fielding the kickoff, but maybe what Corbi said is right.

Speed is not the only requirement to run back kicks. Based on what I have seen, they should try someone other than Moten.

Just turned the game on, saw that last drive. The secondary looked like it is not even trying. Time is running out here...wow...

Very well.... just haven't had a chance to see it. He doesn't seem to accelerate after fielding the kickoff, but maybe what Corbi said is right.
Why the hell doesn't the coaching staff wake up and try someone else.

Speed is not the only requirement to run back kicks. Based on what I have seen, they should try someone other than Moten.
You're right. On that KO return he started dancing right away. That won't work.

Just turned the game on, saw that last drive. The secondary looked like it is not even trying. Time is running out here...wow...

I wouldn't say they're not trying, but I've never seen so many wide-open receivers. And I've only been watching for the last 20 minutes. Looks like my son's soccer game WAS the correct choice today.

Here's the difference. Duke has made progress in player development and Northwestern has not.

This is just so sad. We've had 2017 circled as "the year" for the last couple of years. And now it looks like a nightmare.

No reason not to give anyone else a try at this point

This is just so sad. We've had 2017 circled as "the year" for the last couple of years. And now it looks like a nightmare.

Very disappointing but it is just one game. If I have learned anything about following NU under Fitz, it is not to get too high or too low about the results of one game.

I thought this was the season where we would get over the hump and consistently play to our potential the entire season. Obviously I was wrong. Very, very frustrating to see this.

Wow. Jones just left Queiro in the dust. Maybe Walsh isn't so slow.

This game for away from us early. I thought we would respond better.

Could be a tough day for the B1G. Michigan being threatened and OSU could lose to Oklahoma.

That might not be a good thing.

Anyone who thinks not having Thorson back as a senior is a fool. His backup this year is a RS senior. NU could really use the extra year of development for the young guys.

The problem is not Thorson. It is the OL incompetence.

Is the Duke secondary really that good?

Anyone who thinks not having Thorson back as a senior is a fool. His backup this year is a RS senior. NU could really use the extra year of development for the young guys.

The problem is not Thorson. It is the OL incompetence.
You're dreaming dude!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT