ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half

acedog

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
We will find out a lot about our coach and QB this half. Are we for real or not ?

Defense has been on the field a long time today. Offense needs to pick it up.

Clayton's interception was a killer. Changed momentum and put a tired defense back on field. That can't happen.

JR Pace with the good coverage to stop them on 3rd down.

Why is Moten returning kicks? He's not that fast.

Offense just not doing enough right now to get us back in this. Difficult time getting any run game going.

The lines look so completely different at point of handoff in their O versus ours.

I have been in transit and can only see play by play. Why Larkin and not Jackson on last series. Is Jackson hurt?

Why is Moten returning kicks? He's not that fast.

Moten is very fast. He just doesn't seem to have the instincts to return kicks. He is running back kicks as if he is taking a handoff in the backfield. He is hesitating trying to look for a hole. Need to get to full speed, make one cut and go.

This is just bad football. We haven't recruited well at WR. If it wasn't for an incredible walk-on, we'd have a long stretch of mediocre WRs. We don't have OLs or at least they don't develop. How long can this continue?

Reactions: Fitz51
This is just bad football. We haven't recruited well at WR. If it wasn't for an incredible walk-on, we'd have a long stretch of mediocre WRs. We don't have OLs or at least they don't develop. How long can this continue?

LOL. Recruiting is not the problem.

Moten is very fast. He just doesn't seem to have the instincts to return kicks. He is running back kicks as if he is taking a handoff in the backfield. He is hesitating trying to look for a hole. Need to get to full speed, make one cut and go.
Maybe you're right, but I've seen no burst from him. The only one I've seen with any burst is Jelani Roberts.

Maybe you're right, but I've seen no burst from him. The only one I've seen with any burst is Jelani Roberts.

You are not seeing a burst because he is not turning it on. He is hesitant looking for a hole. You don't run back kicks like that.

Cushing has sucked in coaching basically since he arrived at NU. Fitzgerald has yet to get the memo

Both Miller boys have gone down now. That sucks. I don't think I'd enjoy watching my kids play football.

Some of the "experts" on the board say otherwise.
From Moten's profile on the NU's website:

... Also ran track and won a 2014 state championship in the 100-meter dash (10.58 seconds) ... Placed second in the 4x100 relay at state and third in the 200-meter dash ...
I think that's fast.

From Moten's profile on the NU's website:

... Also ran track and won a 2014 state championship in the 100-meter dash (10.58 seconds) ... Placed second in the 4x100 relay at state and third in the 200-meter dash ...
I think that's fast.
Very well.... just haven't had a chance to see it. He doesn't seem to accelerate after fielding the kickoff, but maybe what Corbi said is right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT