ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half

Thorson has been terrible today. The biggest concern I had about him coming in was his accuracy and that issue killed him today. Granted, he has been pressured all day and his receivers have gotten little separation but his inability to be accurate on short and intermediate throws has resulted in key turnovers for a Duke defense that was sitting on the short and intermediate throws all day. Thorson will need to play much better if we are going to compete for the Big Ten West this year.

Reactions: nu greek

Might as well empty the bench & play everyone you can w/o burning a shirt. Nothing acceptable about today's performance. We will never win the BIG with the current coaching staff, and O line is where the changes have to start.

Best thing that could happen for NU is Thorson and Fitz leaving ASAP.

Mods, can we ban this idiot asap. I don't mind thoughtful criticism but this guy just spouts thoughtless crap all day.

Mods, can we ban this idiot asap. I don't mind thoughtful criticism but this guy just spouts thoughtless crap all day.
Nah.... Fitz gets paid millions of dollars because he's in a position where idiots like us say how much he sucks on any given Saturday. I don't think that's a bannable offense.

This is NOT the way I wanted to see Alviti enter the game. But he's looking pretty good right now. Ball comes out a little wobbly but on target. Too bad on missed TD

Happy for Matt. That may be his career highlight and it was a good one. Congrats Matt!

Nah.... Fitz gets paid millions of dollars because he's in a position where idiots like us say how much he sucks on any given Saturday. I don't think that's a bannable offense.

I don't think the coach's salary is relevant. The problem here is that one troll can essentially take over entire threads, because many other posters are unable to stop themselves from responding. And the mods here have demonstrated repeatedly that absent really extreme behavior, they won't ban even obvious trolls.

The only alternative is the ignore function, and that doesn't help fix a derailed thread.

Days like today are when I look forward to watching our players who've made it to the NFL. Esp Siemian. It's been fun to watch him compete at the next level. Hope to see Carr have some success too. And I don't much like watching NFL otherwise.

I don't think the coach's salary is relevant. The problem here is that one troll can essentially take over entire threads, because many other posters are unable to stop themselves from responding. And the mods here have demonstrated repeatedly that absent really extreme behavior, they won't ban even obvious trolls.

The only alternative is the ignore function, and that doesn't help fix a derailed thread.
Well.... that may be so. But right now, I want to fire Fitz too. Of course, come tomorrow morning, I'd be on my hands and knees begging him to come back. Its just a really frustrating day.

Thorson has been terrible today. The biggest concern I had about him coming in was his accuracy and that issue killed him today. Granted, he has been pressured all day and his receivers have gotten little separation but his inability to be accurate on short and intermediate throws has resulted in key turnovers for a Duke defense that was sitting on the short and intermediate throws all day. Thorson will need to play much better if we are going to compete for the Big Ten West this year.

You know football better than me. This is a serious question: How is it you can say if we are going to compete for the Big Ten West this year after last week's and today's performance?

Our line play was so underwhelming today. It seems hard to me to start on any other area when our play there was so lopsided. Sadly it was so bad on the D Line too, not just O.

Iowa in trouble as well. Iowa State leads in the final minutes and Iowa out of time outs.

You know football better than me. This is a serious question: How is it you can say if we are going to compete for the Big Ten West this year after last week's and today's performance?

Because we have the talent and NU has always played its best football come the Big Ten season. It's frustrating to see the same issues manifest themselves year after year but we have the talent to overcome those shortcomings. It will come down to this team's resileiency and focus on execution but the talent is there.

Because we have the talent and NU has always played its best football come the Big Ten season. It's frustrating to see the same issues manifest themselves year after year but we have the talent to overcome those shortcomings. It will come down to this team's resileiency and focus on execution but the talent is there.

Thank you for your answer to my question.

He's also bashing a college kid who doesn't make millions (or even cents). The college kid who everyone clearly saw had one bad game but is universally identified as one of the top QB's in the conference if not country. This goof apparently expects perfection from college players and when they do perform near that level he isn't there praising them, but once they dare have an off game he's all over him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT