ADVERTISEMENT

after further review.....

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
After seeing the game in person and watching the reply, couple questions, couple questions
1. How did Austin Anderson get behind Cory Aker on the depth chart, injury or other?
2. Lunt seemed to have a deeper drop out of play action taking the ball from center than Thorson did taking the ball from center...Is this a truism of the two styles.....or does our line set to block further back..or do we just get blown back.....
3. Actually had more pressure on qb than I thought. Lunt had some just in time releases, He also had a stronger arm that I thought.
4. Garret Dickerson really blocks well.
5. Did we not go deep at all because we just figured Thorson would not have time ?
6. That 50 yd touchdown run by JJ was just a lot of fun to watch,
7. Why do we have to use sooo many starters on special teams?
8. Will we see anything or anyone different in the Bowl Game?

Lunt telegraphed the plays. If he was handing off he would look back at the rb just prior to the snap. On passing plays he would often look at the targeted receiver just prior to the snap.

After seeing the game in person and watching the reply, couple questions, couple questions
1. How did Austin Anderson get behind Cory Aker on the depth chart, injury or other?
2. Lunt seemed to have a deeper drop out of play action taking the ball from center than Thorson did taking the ball from center...Is this a truism of the two styles.....or does our line set to block further back..or do we just get blown back.....
3. Actually had more pressure on qb than I thought. Lunt had some just in time releases, He also had a stronger arm that I thought.
4. Garret Dickerson really blocks well.
5. Did we not go deep at all because we just figured Thorson would not have time ?
6. That 50 yd touchdown run by JJ was just a lot of fun to watch,
7. Why do we have to use sooo many starters on special teams?
8. Will we see anything or anyone different in the Bowl Game?

1) Most likely a senior on senior day thing.

2) Mostly scheme.

3) Lunt has always been "toolsy," but struggles to consistently put it all together.

5) Hard to go deep when your wideouts can't really run.

7) The backups were terrible when they were out there early in the season.

8) Probably not. Bowl games are usually about executing your base schemes well with a couple wrinkles added.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT