ADVERTISEMENT

All Decade Team

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
I'm pretty tired of all the All Decade lists. But here is a crack at my take on the All 2010's NU team:

Offense
Tackle: Slater, Ward
Guard: Doles, Mulroe
Center: Vitabile
Super Back: Dunsmore
WR: Ebert, Carr, Nagel, Skowronek
RB: JJTBC, Larkin
QB: Persa OR Thorson
Returns: Mark
Kicker: Budzien (I kick for you guys)

Defense
DT: Lanny, Miller
DE: Gaz, Lowry
LB: Walker, Fisher, Hall
CB: Hartage, Harris
S: Campbell, Godwin
P: Hunter

Who you got?

If we’re adding extra skill players on offense, we need at least a nickel on defense. May I propose Traveon Henry?

Tough to argue with Harris, but I think Van Hoose played all four years, while Harris retired due to injury. (Let’s just add both NVH and Traveon.)

The most obvious omission is Kain Colter, who is ahead of both Nagel and Skowronek.

And Vitale beats Dunsmore, but only on a technicality — Dunsmore only played two years this decade, while Vitale got all four.

(Gosh, Cam Green had a *great* season in 2018.)

Last edited:
Because we are Northwestern people...

The decade started in 2011 and ends next year.

Therefore, Persa's relevance declines

And I predict Bowser will come back with a vengeance next year, making him second only to JJTBC this decade.

hard to include larkin as his career was cut way too short. based on that you gotta go with Mark.

If we’re adding extra skill players on offense, we need at least a nickel on defense. May I propose Traveon Henry?

Tough to argue with Harris, but I think Van Hoose played all four years, while Harris retired due to injury. Let’s just add both NVH and Traveon.)

The most obvious omission is Kain Colter, who is ahead of both Nagel and Skowronek.

And Vitale beats Dunsmore, but only on a technicality — Dunsmore only played two years this decade, while Vitale got all four.

(Gosh, Cam Green had a *great* season in 2018.)

I see what you did there, and I approve.

Larkin had no great seasons though

Larkin was pretty accomplished but agree that his inclusion on this list would be more based on his potential production had his career not been cut short by factors outside of his control. He was on his way to a Justin Jackson like career in my opinion.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Larkin was pretty accomplished but agree that his inclusion on this list would be more based on his potential production had his career not been cut short by factors outside of his control. He was on his way to a Justin Jackson like career in my opinion.
How is that different from Mark being hobbled for most of 2013?

Also, I still wonder how the coaches suddenly "discovered" Mark in 2012. It's not like Larkin, who was understandably behind JJTBC. Why wasn't Mark playing more? "Bad practice player" like Marty? Sure looked ok on KOR

Also, I still wonder how the coaches suddenly "discovered" Mark in 2012. It's not like Larkin, who was understandably behind JJTBC. Why wasn't Mark playing more? "Bad practice player" like Marty? Sure looked ok on KOR

He was a wideout who couldn’t catch and didn’t practice well.

He was a wideout who couldn’t catch and didn’t practice well.
There you go hammering players for practice. You dont know what you are talking about and stop trashing former players. Just as bad as your other comments calling players lazy.

There you go hammering players for practice. You dont know what you are talking about and stop trashing former players. Just as bad as your other comments calling players lazy.

I was literally on the practice field and in the staff meetings every day.

Sup, Turk?!

Reactions: CitizenCat

As GCG said, having a career ending injury is different than spending two years in the program doing little because you were a poor practice player and couldn’t catch the ball consistently. Unless memory fails me, he also blew his last year of eligibility and had to transfer because of off the field issues.

As GCG said, having a career ending injury is different than spending two years in the program doing little because you were a poor practice player and couldn’t catch the ball consistently. Unless memory fails me, he also blew his last year of eligibility and had to transfer because of off the field issues.
Doghouse
Too bad Fitz had favorites. Nobody else could rival Mark, and we could have been a contender if he didnt get in trouble.
Dont believe the drivil from GCG that he was lazy or wasnt much of a practice dude.
He never would have started on offense if he was lazy or didnt practice well.
Doghouse. He hasnt been the only one.

Doghouse
Too bad Fitz had favorites. Nobody else could rival Mark, and we could have been a contender if he didnt get in trouble.

LOL, Fitz plays favorites? Yes, his favorites are the players that work hard, are coachable, and put the team ahead of themselves. Call me naive but that’s what a good coach is supposed to do. If you find that problematic, you should go cheer for another team because those very qualities are what make NU unique and a big part of the reason why I am a loyal fan of the program.

By the way, if Mark was in Fitz’s doghouse how do you explain that Fitz helped him come back to NU to work with the program so that he could complete his NU degree? Fitz had literally nothing to gain from doing that. If that is what it means to be in the doghouse, I hope my kids get in the “doghouse” of someone like Fitz.

Realistically, it’s either Mark or Bowser — or a single-setback, who needs anyone but JJTBC?

Doghouse
Dont believe the drivil from GCG that he was lazy or wasnt much of a practice dude.
He never would have started on offense if he was lazy or didnt practice well.
Doghouse. He hasnt been the only one.

You're making shit up again, Turk.

Reactions: Gladeskat
LOL, Fitz plays favorites? Yes, his favorites are the players that work hard, are coachable, and put the team ahead of themselves. Call me naive but that’s what a good coach is supposed to do. If you find that problematic, you should go cheer for another team because those very qualities are what make NU unique and a big part of the reason why I am a loyal fan of the program.

By the way, if Mark was in Fitz’s doghouse how do you explain that Fitz helped him come back to NU to work with the program so that he could complete his NU degree? Fitz had literally nothing to gain from doing that. If that is what it means to be in the doghouse, I hope my kids get in the “doghouse” of someone like Fitz.
Dont drink GCG koolaid. You did that when it came to McCall as well. Look, Mark never would have got on the field if he wasnt a practice guy. Period.
And Im not so sure NU is unique. There is zero unique about graduating players. That is what it is suppose to do. It would be unique if we won a bigten championship in doing so though.
Our 2 previous coaches did that.

Dont drink GCG koolaid. You did that when it came to McCall as well. Look, Mark never would have got on the field if he wasnt a practice guy. Period.
And Im not so sure NU is unique. There is zero unique about graduating players. That is what it is suppose to do. It would be unique if we won a bigten championship in doing so though.

Ha! I was calling for McCall to be fired, my man!

You're making shit up at an extremely quick pace this morning.

I don’t drink anybody's cool aid. I form my own opinion based on facts, something that is severely lacking in any of your posts, including the ones in this thread.

If you think there are many coaches and programs that would have brought back Mark given the circumstances of his departure, then you are smoking crack.

Don't be a simpleton.

I don't know the inner details of the V Mark situation, but I doubt Fitz was playing favorites. The coaches were looking for a position to utilize Venric's abilities, and at 5-8 170, he isn't the prototypical B1G running back, while he apparently didn't impress as a wide receiver either. Part of it is on the player too, as 17- and 18-year olds sometimes need a little time to figure things out, and an occasional kick in the ass too.

Anyway, I loved watching Venric in his one magical season at NU. He was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. THAT is entertaining football.

Almost like someone should actually do their job and get rid of the person who's openly trolling from multiple accounts.

Weird.
If he’s not going to be rid of you have to make it not worth his time to post. You do that my not responding. You encourage him by responding.

Reactions: ricko654321
Lol, don’t bother Kid. Another totally unnecessary response from GCG. Giving advice to someone who belittles people for having an opinion that isn’t aligned with his or throws sarcastic barbs like this isn’t worth the effort.

Having an opinion? On a message board? Imagine the horror!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT