ADVERTISEMENT

B10Network Recruiting Show

Odds of that happening?

Should be at least 50/50. Four returning starters with some experienced depth that were playing at their best toward the end of last season. If we can’t build off of that, there is something wrong. Another off season regression from an experienced group of returning starters would be the final, final, final nail in the coffin for me as far as the OL is concerned.

Should be at least 50/50. Four returning starters with some experienced depth that were playing at their best toward the end of last season. If we can’t build off of that, there is something wrong. Another off season regression from an experienced group of returning starters would be the final, final, final nail in the coffin for me as far as the OL is concerned.
Just asking but wasn't that also said about the OL after 2016 season?

"They"? That just about says everything you need to know about willy.
If that's what you think what your hanging your hat on , as far support of the team, I'll just say b.s.! Sure could of said we but I don't play and it always bothers me when fans, with no affiliation to a team, refer to their team results as, we did that. To each his own, I guess.

Just asking but wasn't that also said about the OL after 2016 season?

That’s why i said final three times. I guess I have no choice as a die hard Cats fan to keep giving them another chance. If it were up to me, I would have made a change on the OL but FItz obviously feels differently. I believe that FItz knows what he is doing and have to trust he knows something I don’t about the OL. I believe in the head coach and believe he truly wants to win championships.

"... it always bothers me when fans, with no affiliation to a team, refer to their team results as, we did that."

I've wondered if I was the only person who thought that way, Willy. Especially when things start to go sour and fans' "we" references can turn to "they" pretty easily.

Many moons ago I was a #2 person on the staff of a non-profit organization and a chief liaison with its board of directors. My boss assigned me to listen carefully for the pronouns they used. When we got good press and the annual fund drive was on target, I heard a load of comments like "We're doing very well" or "What's on tap for us next year?" Whenever there was a rough patch, however, I'd hear "What do you plan to do about this" from the same people who were in 1st-person-plural mode a short time before. For the speakers the change was probably unconscious. But it was a valuable lesson for me, one I suspect coaches learn early in their careers and never forget.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
"... it always bothers me when fans, with no affiliation to a team, refer to their team results as, we did that."

I've wondered if I was the only person who thought that way, Willy. Especially when things start to go sour and fans' "we" references can turn to "they" pretty easily.

Many moons ago I was a #2 person on the staff of a non-profit organization and a chief liaison with its board of directors. My boss assigned me to listen carefully for the pronouns they used. When we got good press and the annual fund drive was on target, I heard a load of comments like "We're doing very well" or "What's on tap for us next year?" Whenever there was a rough patch, however, I'd hear "What do you plan to do about this" from the same people who were in 1st-person-plural mode a short time before. For the speakers the change was probably unconscious. But it was a valuable lesson for me, one I suspect coaches learn early in their careers and never forget.

That's pretty much my point. Willy uses "they" as he complains about NU football, but insists that he's the the uber all-in and devoted fan. He's a whiny finger-pointer. It's cover so he can bitch endlessly about "them". And bitch endlessly he does, but it's not really fooling anyone.

That's pretty much my point. Willy uses "they" as he complains about NU football, but insists that he's the the uber all-in and devoted fan. He's a whiny finger-pointer. It's cover so he can bitch endlessly about "them". And bitch endlessly he does, but it's not really fooling anyone.

So Willy is an Illini fan?

Guess what I fooled you and guess I will again and again.

Maybe, but the historical data would indicate otherwise. Stanford is probably about the only one of the elite schools you describe to consistently have a top level of success, and even they have struggled at times. Duke and Vanderbilt have struggled. Most services only rate a few dozen recruits five-stars each year, and few of them seem to head for academically elite schools. We might have a better chance with the more common four-stars, but matching the top few schools that can pull in 15 or more four-stars and five-stars in a year doesn't seem realistic.

BS. Historical data suggests it can be done. Barnett did it and was on his way to making it consistent, Harbaugh did it at Stanford with Shaw following up initially (though it's receded since)

Reactions: Aging Booster
Guess what I fooled you and guess I will again and again.

About which point?

1) You don't bitch endlessly?
2) You don't claim to be the decades all-in uber fan who gives $ galore?
3) You don't point fingers for the responsibility of problems?

Humbly, I suggest you aren't fooling anyone, willy. What you are is vividly apparent to everybody.

About which point?

1) You don't bitch endlessly?
2) You don't claim to be the decades all-in uber fan who gives $ galore?
3) You don't point fingers for the responsibility of problems?

Humbly, I suggest you aren't fooling anyone, willy. What you are is vividly apparent to everybody.
All of your examples are merely jokes. Yes, criticize when criticism is due. Never, ever claimed to give money galore. Pointing fingers, huh? Hope it is vividly apparent that I have been a fan of NU since 1958. Also since you know absolutely nothing about me, I suggest you stop the personal attacks. As the moderators have stated personal attacks are not allowed. Hope you can understand that.

All of your examples are merely jokes. Yes, criticize when criticism is due. Never, ever claimed to give money galore. Pointing fingers, huh? Hope it is vividly apparent that I have been a fan of NU since 1958. Also since you know absolutely nothing about me, I suggest you stop the personal attacks. As the moderators have stated personal attacks are not allowed. Hope you can understand that.

Whambulance.jpg

So, I guess your answer is:

#4 - None of the above. Fooling no one.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT