ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Indiana...

I actually believe we have equal or better talent than the Hoosiers. On the road with no fans presents a much better scenario than ever before. Go 'Cats.
Their big man is dominant. We are going to have to help a lot. I think he's too strong for Nance and too quick for Young. The rest of the team doesn't scare me although I have only seen them play a couple of times.

Good test to see if we contain them on the boards and don’t allow second chance points. We managed to do that against a team perennially known for being relentless on the glass.

TJD is Champaign (sp) on stereoids. Good game to show we won’t be out muscled.

Wondering what’s up with going to zone half way through the 2nd half. Happened against Pitt as well as against MSU. Not sure why. Did not change anything against MSU but it scared the bajesus out of me that we were going to see a quick barrage of threes that got them back into the game

Collins addressed that choice after the game. He felt that, even if MSU scored a bit better against our zone, it slowed the game down a bit (kind of “running clock”) without our having to slow down our pace offensively as well, until he was ready to make that choice too.

Good test to see if we contain them on the boards and don’t allow second chance points. We managed to do that against a team perennially known for being relentless on the glass.

Wondering what’s up with going to zone half way through the 2nd half. Happened against Pitt as well as against MSU. Not sure why. Did not change anything against MSU but it scared the bajesus out of me that we were going to see a quick barrage of threes that got them back into the game
What do you mean it didn't change anything? We made the switch at 50-40 and immediately went on an 11-0 run! Collins backed off after they made a few shots. They were 4/15 from 3 when we switched, then missed their next 6 3's while we were in the zone before they made 2 in a row and Collins switched back to man shortly after.

Reactions: Figrating and DaCat

Could have to do with foul issues.

They weren’t hitting 3’s so he switched to zone which slows down the tempo of their offense and forces more ball movement but leaves threes open as well as ball movement through the high post if you have a big who can pass. I prefer man to man but it made sense in that situation.

Collins addressed that choice after the game. He felt that, even if MSU scored a bit better against our zone, it slowed the game down a bit (kind of “running clock”) without our having to slow down our pace offensively as well, until he was ready to make that choice too.
And he was right. It totally slowed MSU down and affected their ability to make a come back. It was actually some pretty darn good coaching I admit. Of course, everything looks brilliant when you win.

Reactions: Catmosphere
And he was right. It totally slowed MSU down and affected their ability to make a come back. It was actually some pretty darn good coaching I admit. Of course, everything looks brilliant when you win.

It did work mostly because in 2 minutes, we went on a run and opened the game to a 21 point advantage. Gaines steal was within that stretch of the game. Unlike someone said above, I do not think we stopped playing zone after that. But I have no way to verify it.

It worked, but seemed like a risk not worth taking to me. We were controlling the game and playing good man to man.

MSU hits a few quick threes after we switched to zone and we would all be saying CC can't coach.

We are getting 8.5 points tonight which makes us a bigger underdog than we were against MSU. Probably because we are on the road, but without fans the impact is smaller as others have noted.

I am hoping to see more scoring from either Kopp or Beran tonight, and better shot selection from Audige. I think we will need it as Buie won’t be averaging 25 a night.

We are getting 8.5 points tonight which makes us a bigger underdog than we were against MSU. Probably because we are on the road, but without fans the impact is smaller as others have noted.

I am hoping to see more scoring from either Kopp or Beran tonight, and better shot selection from Audige. I think we will need it as Buie won’t be averaging 25 a night.

Defense and rebounding win road games in the BIG. Fans or no fans. Whoever brings more energy and sustained mental toughness will likely get the W tonight.

Indiana is not deep.

Scoring opportunities are going to vary from game to game. We now have 5+ guys who can put the ball in the hoop. So no. It won’t be Buie every night. Or Kopp. Or anybody else.

If Nance can limit Jackson-Davis with some effective double help from time to time, I like our chances.

GOUNUII

IU is favored by 8.5, which means nobody thinks NU is for real, save the usual suspects.

I actually believe we have equal or better talent than the Hoosiers. On the road with no fans presents a much better scenario than ever before. Go 'Cats.

No you don’t. I do think you guys are improved a lot. Indiana has played a much tougher schedule than NW up to this point and have done well. Indiana will have the two best players on the court(TJD, Franklin) though. I think you guys are the better 3 point shooting team. Indiana is stellar defensively. They are #1 in the Big Ten defending the 3. And they’ve played Texas, Florida State, Butler, Stanford, and Providence. This is the best defense I’ve seen at Indiana since Bob Knight was there.

No you don’t. I do think you guys are improved a lot. Indiana has played a much tougher schedule than NW up to this point and have done well. Indiana will have the two best players on the court(TJD, Franklin) though. I think you guys are the better 3 point shooting team. Indiana is stellar defensively. They are #1 in the Big Ten defending the 3. And they’ve played Texas, Florida State, Butler, Stanford, and Providence. This is the best defense I’ve seen at Indiana since Bob Knight was there.
But are you really prepared for our full-out Princeton attack?

TJD is the best on the floor and will be in most games. NU has 3 guards with talent including a FY who are real deal Big players. Beran is an up and coming sophmore. 8.5 on the road given our Pitt loss is in a reasonable range. Kopp is the glue guy (dont like the term) but he compares to Colin Hartman a few yrs back for IU but has a really nice shot and can stretch the floor. It depends on if NU bigs have good nights. IU so tough at home even in down heres. NU fans can be glad that winning at IU is in the conversation. And for IU.. win your Bowl Game.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
TJD is the best on the floor and will be in most games. NU has 3 guards with talent including a FY who are real deal Big players. Beran is an up and coming sophmore. 8.5 on the road given our Pitt loss is in a reasonable range. Kopp is the glue guy (dont like the term) but he compares to Colin Hartman a few yrs back for IU but has a really nice shot and can stretch the floor. It depends on if NU bigs have good nights. IU so tough at home even in down heres. NU fans can be glad that winning at IU is in the conversation. And for IU.. win your Bowl Game.

I think you guys are much improved. We’ve looked pretty good against comparable teams to NW. We’ll see what happens. This is the kind of game that Miller can’t lose honestly. His seat gets warmer every year. But it’s the Big Ten and anybody can win on any given night.

IU is has two advantages:
1) Quicker players. Applies to most teams against NU anyway
2) TJD

NU
1) better shooters
2) length in the paint (often goes invisible, but when it doesn’t, improves defense a lot)

8.5 dif. seems right to me

Less pressure

Jackson-Davis is a fair player on offense when 3 feet from the basket. Franklin is just average at everything. Hoosiers can't shoot 3s very well and I hope that is crucial to tonight's game. It's why the make them play. Defense is no where near a Bob Knight club.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT