ADVERTISEMENT

Better team won today...

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
The Vols offense, after starting slow was able to pick apart the Cats' D. I think our D played valiantly, but with no meaningful help from the other units, eventually were worn down. The Vols' D won the turnover battle and, for the most part, kept JJ in check and kept the offense off the field. Thor, in the final analysis, is still a redshirt freshman. I hate feeding trolls, but this was a lot like the Iowa game--from a Vol perspective, their bowl game against the Hawkeyes last year; from ours, a lot like our Iowa game earlier this year, where the D was eventually ground down by having to carry the load without help from the offense. Although disappointed with the bowl game, I think the Cats still exceeded expectations and should have a bright outlook for next year.

Last edited:
The Vols offense, after starting slow was able to pick apart the Cats' D. I think our D played valiantly, but with no meaningful help from the other units, eventually were worn down. The Vols' D won the turnover battle and, for the most part, kept JJ in check and kept the offense off the field. Thor, in the final analysis, is still a redshirt freshman. I hate feeding trolls, but this was a lot like the Iowa game--from a Vol perspective, their bowl game against the Hawkeyes last year; from ours, a lot like our Iowa game earlier this year, where the D was eventually ground down by having to carry the load without help from the offense. Although disappointed with the bowl game, I think the Cats still exceeded expectations and should have a bright outlook for next year.
Congrats on a very good season and follow the lead of last years Iowa team by winning all of them next year. Best of luck next season!

Reactions: rmndcat
Well said, Rmnd (what does that stand for, anyway?). I think both the Cats and the Vols have a lot to build on in 2016. Your young QB is going to be a good one, I think. He wasn't ready for today, but you could see the promise in his strong arm and surprising mobility. He just needs to grow into it.

Maybe we can meet in the playoffs in 2016. Best of luck to you guys!

Well said, Rmnd (what does that stand for, anyway?). I think both the Cats and the Vols have a lot to build on in 2016. Your young QB is going to be a good one, I think. He wasn't ready for today, but you could see the promise in his strong arm and surprising mobility. He just needs to grow into it.

Maybe we can meet in the playoffs in 2016. Best of luck to you guys!

Rmnd=Richmond. I lived there for 25 years, but am now back in my native SoCal.

Good luck to the Vols next season. Vols fans have commented about the season that Iowa had this year after being beaten so soundly by you last Jan. 1. For whatever precedence or karma it's worth, remember that Auburn played NU at the Outback the season before their championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT