ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Teams in Tournament Discussion

Why do I find myself rooting for Maryland even though I picked WV?
Me Too Girl GIF by Hollie Kitchens

Reactions: ThatkidfromHolland
Just following on the computer at work, but that Furman thing looks like "Havlicek stole the ball!" moment.

A lot of pundits thought WV would win this game. Kudos to UM for not panicking and pulling out the win.
I picked UM.

I wanted to pick Furman badly… and should have. Another first round flop by Virginia.

I also had Utah State winning, ho well.

Princeton is showing some spunk against Zona.

Every time you want to complain about lack of talent in our team, remember Connor McCaffery has played close to 100% of the time at Iowa.

Franco took at least 10 xanaxes. Lights are too bright for him to act a fool

I’m happy for Maryland. I’m barely familiar with Maryland.

I would have supported Rutgers.
I think I’ll find myself cheering for Penn State, because I like Shrewsberry.

But Illinois? Iowa? Indiana? MSU? I want them all to get whacked around.

For some reason, I am totally indifferent to Purdue. They’re stuck in West Lafayette; they’ve suffered enough.

Conference went 3-2 today. All three teams are favored on Friday. MSU will have a crowd edge against USC in Columbus. I imagine that there’ll be more IU than Kent State fans in Albany (Presumably locals and Miami-Drake fans will support Kent State if it’s close.)

Penn State’s first NCAA tourney win since Joe Crispin was there.

All things considered, a good day for the conference, and the teams I hate lost.

Penn State destroyed A&M. You can't tell me that they're any more talented than Illinois, and yet they're a much better team. Goes to show that buying talented transfers doesn't guarantee success on the court.
In watching Shrewsberry in interviews and press conferences, I think he’s just a really likable guy that brings out the best in his players. They are a weird team — posting up Pickett all the time, sometimes running out nobody taller than 6-5.

But they play hard, they know their roles, and they get after it. They were left for dead in early February, and battled through it.

Contrast that to the coaches who lost today, who lead through fear and intimidation. It wears a player down. (Some would say those players are soft. I’d say people who yell are assh*les.)

I hope Shrewsberry gets a swimming pool full of $ from Notre Dame.

Last edited:
In watching Shrewsberry in interviews and press conferences, I think he’s just a really likable guy that brings out the best in his players.

I hope Shrewsberry gets a swimming pool full of $ from Notre Dame.
Shrewsberry has made a lot of money in the last two weeks. He's easy to root for, and if he leaves the Big Ten, I'll miss him, but I'll be happy someone else will have to coach Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT