ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Projections

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
I never knew there are restrictions to how often a team can appear in a bowl game. Apparently, NU cannot play in the Outback or likely the Pinstripe this season because they have been there recently. A couple other bowls have limits on how many times a Big 10 team can appear and so they're out. If you toss out a playoff spot, and NU doesn't win the West, the most likely destination is the Foster Farms Bowl (???) v. Washington State. If that doesn't get your heart racing I don't know what will....

C'mon, Fitz, just win the whole darn thing and let's go to N'Orleans.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/preview-2017-bowl-projections-big-ten

I never knew there are restrictions to how often a team can appear in a bowl game. Apparently, NU cannot play in the Outback or likely the Pinstripe this season because they have been there recently. A couple other bowls have limits on how many times a Big 10 team can appear and so they're out. If you toss out a playoff spot, and NU doesn't win the West, the most likely destination is the Foster Farms Bowl (???) v. Washington State. If that doesn't get your heart racing I don't know what will....

C'mon, Fitz, just win the whole darn thing and let's go to N'Orleans.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/preview-2017-bowl-projections-big-ten

Flight and hotel in SF booked. Thanks NJCat!

Reactions: rmndcat
I never knew there are restrictions to how often a team can appear in a bowl game. Apparently, NU cannot play in the Outback or likely the Pinstripe this season because they have been there recently.

The article is oversimplifying - the Outback must have 5 different B1G teams over the 6 years of its contract, so they can double up on one team if they want. I very much doubt they'd pick NU as that one team, though.

The Pinstripe is 100% out because the conference prohibits any team from playing in the same bowl in consecutive years.

A couple other bowls have limits on how many times a Big 10 team can appear and so they're out. If you toss out a playoff spot, and NU doesn't win the West, the most likely destination is the Foster Farms Bowl (???) v. Washington State. If that doesn't get your heart racing I don't know what will....

If NU has a good season they could easily play in the Holiday Bowl or in whichever of the TaxSlayer (Gator) or Music City the conference ends up with.

The article is oversimplifying - the Outback must have 5 different B1G teams over the 6 years of its contract, so they can double up on one team if they want. I very much doubt they'd pick NU as that one team, though.

The Pinstripe is 100% out because the conference prohibits any team from playing in the same bowl in consecutive years.

If NU has a good season they could easily play in the Holiday Bowl or in whichever of the TaxSlayer (Gator) or Music City the conference ends up with.

I spoke with Bob Basham, Outback's Founder, on Sunday. He is a big Pat Fitzgerald fan but I am not sure how NU supported The Outback Bowl and that would be the deciding factor on a return visit

1. We have to win the games first. 2. I can't seem to get over being sick of Florida, in particular, Tampa. Part of it is personal/family reasons, but a big part is losing to SEC Yahoo's and having to listen to their smugness

The "different bowls" clause was added to the latest round of bowl agreements to directly boost game attendance - it's a fan-friendly rule and I'm happy for it. It may lead to some mismatches, but in bowl season, I think almost anything can happen.

If we perform to expectations this year, I see us going to the Holiday Bowl, not Foster.

Levi Stadium will be great for me.
Son going to Berkeley and me having gone to Santa Clara high.
Revisiting old neighborhood will be awesome.
Go cats!

Levi Stadium will be great for me.
Son going to Berkeley and me having gone to Santa Clara high.
Revisiting old neighborhood will be awesome.
Go cats!

Tell those kids to stop growing up! Can't believe the oldest is already college age. Congratulations on his college choice and wishing him the best for continued success.

Reactions: DrillCat
Tell those kids to stop growing up! Can't believe the oldest is already college age. Congratulations on his college choice and wishing him the best for continued success.
I second this Drill. Hope all is well with you, your much better half and the kids. Will you be headed for Evanston this year? How about you Alaska? I haven't had any smoked salmon and reindeer sausage since you last appeared at our tailgate!

Reactions: DrillCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT