ADVERTISEMENT

Broken

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
The offense is broken. Gotta move on from McCall at this point. Fitz will lose the team and likely the coaches if he is back.

The offense is broken. Gotta move on from McCall at this point. Fitz will lose the team and likely the coaches if he is back.
I've come to agree. I'm not as smart as some to know with moral certainty that he's the issue, but ultimately the responsibility lies with him and Fitz. At this point he will have to take dramatic steps.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Amen. It’s atrocious. Try anything. We’re 2-8 but he keeps doing the same shit that doesn’t work. Fire him today.

Reactions: IGNORE2
What Would Corbi Say?

What I would say is that the “broken offense” looked much better when the Qb changed. What that tells me is that probably it isn’t the offense but how and who is executing the offense.

Now, when are we going to talk about the defense? Pretty bad play on that side of the ball.

What I would say is that the “broken offense” looked much better when the Qb changed. What that tells me is that probably it isn’t the offense but how and who is executing the offense.

Now, when are we going to talk about the defense? Pretty bad play on that side of the ball.

Then why didn't McCall start Andrew Marty in the first place instead of letting HJ go out there and get a concussion?

The guy just doesn't have a clue. Time for him to "retire."

Then why didn't McCall start Andrew Marty in the first place instead of letting HJ go out there and get a concussion?

The guy just doesn't have a clue. Time for him to "retire."

Ok buddy, now you are just being obstinate. After today It’s obvious that HJ has not been playing because he is not ready and the offense has struggled because none of these QBs were ready. Asking why Marty did not play earlier is a legitimate question. I feel the same way and think Fitz and McCall should answer for that. I am not ready to fire the OC based on that issue.

Ok buddy, now you are just being obstinate. After today It’s obvious that HJ has not been playing because he is not ready and the offense has struggled because none of these QBs were ready. Asking why Marty did not play earlier is a legitimate question. I feel the same way and think Fitz and McCall should answer for that. I am not ready to fire the OC based on that issue.
Just stop

"I am fine with an OC who doesn't know which QB gives Northwestern the best chance to win a given game."

Reactions: phatcat
Just stop

Where the hell do you get off telling other posters to stop. If you don’t like what I post, then don’t read it. I am getting pretty fricken tired of you thinking you can tell other posters what they can or can’t say.

Reactions: Gladeskat
"I am fine with an OC who doesn't know which QB gives Northwestern the best chance to win a given game."

LOL. How long have you been following football? When you are breaking in a new QB, sometimes it’s not obvious in practice who is best prepared to play in a game. remember CJ Bacher? It happens. And by the way, I notice you keep insisting that decision is all on McCall. On most teams, it’s the head coach who has the final say on who plays.

LOL. How long have you been following football? When you are breaking in a new QB, sometimes it’s not obvious in practice who is best prepared to play in a game. remember CJ Bacher? It happens. And by the way, I notice you keep insisting that decision is all on McCall. On most teams, it’s the head coach who has the final say on who plays.
Corbi, you sound like people on the rant board. Might want to stop defending the indefensible. But you do you.

"Don't blame the coaches, player evaluation is hard!"

Corbi, you sound like people on the rant board. Might want to stop defending the indefensible. But you do you.

Defending the indefensible? You guys have spent the entire season saying the offense sucked because it was stale and McCall is an idiot. My contention was that it had more to do with the players on the field, particularly at Qb. The distinct difference in the effectiveness of the offense between the first quarter of this game and the rest of the game should tell you all you need to know about this issue.!f you guys can’t see that, then there is really nothing else to discuss.

Defending the indefensible? You guys have spent the entire season saying the offense sucked because it was stale and McCall is an idiot. My contention was that it had more to do with the players on the field, particularly at Qb. The distinct difference in the effectiveness of the offense between the first quarter of this game and the rest of the game should tell you all you need to know about this issue.!f you guys can’t see that, then there is really nothing else to discuss.
Ok brother. Keep on keeping on.

Ok. Now do Aiden Smith in the Indiana game.

This is not all about Hunter being unprepared, no matter how much you want it to be.

You've made that point a thousand times already. I'm getting tired of reading the same thing over and over, in thread after thread. We all have our opinions on McCall. You have yours. Let's just get this season over already so we can see what Fitz will do.

Where the hell do you get off telling other posters to stop. If you don’t like what I post, then don’t read it. I am getting pretty fricken tired of you thinking you can tell other posters what they can or can’t say.
For once just shut your mouth. You’re an insufferable dick and if you’d get your lazy ass off the couch maybe you’d see in person how broken offense is. I’ve had it with you.....

Ok. I’ll keep offering my opinion and supporting it with factual evidence. Thanks for your consent though.

From the game thread:

"I am surprised they played him today. They probably are guilty of caving to pressure from fans who have no clue what they are talking about."

Yes, "factual evidence." :rolleyes:

For once just shut your mouth. You’re an insufferable dick and if you’d get your lazy ass off the couch maybe you’d see in person how broken offense is. I’ve had it with you.....

LOL, there you go again trying to control what other posters say or don’t say. Are you a control freak or what? If you don’t like what I have to say, stop reading or put me on ignore. Otherwise, I would suggest you go f!$k yourself.

As far s my lazy ass is concerned, the reason I was not at the game today is because My wife and I accompanied our oldest son to sign his enlistment papers for the US Marine Corps this morning. Not what we wanted for him but he has this burning desire to serve his country. Is that a good enough reason to miss an NU game or does that somehow make me a less worthy fan than you?

Last edited:
Reactions: FightNorthwestern
From the game thread:

"I am surprised they played him today. They probably are guilty of caving to pressure from fans who have no clue what they are talking about."

Yes, "factual evidence." :rolleyes:

Factual evidence, the offense sucked when HJ played and looked MUCH better when Marty played. That is factual evidence.

I believe unfortunately that HJ. Is a bust! He looked totally lost out there, indecisive and showed no leadership!

The offense was better with Marty but still not big 10 level especially if we're trying to be competitive McCall has to go

Factual evidence, the offense sucked when HJ played and looked MUCH better when Marty played. That is factual evidence.

Yes, I agree, as I've said!

But you for some reason refuse to put the blame on the coaches for not knowing what the heck they have in the QB room.

Instead, you have offered two weak reasons:

1) Fitz and McCall "caved to fans" by starting HJ today
2) Player evaluation is hard, so even though they've had a full offseason and almost a full season of practice, they had no way of knowing that Andrew Marty might be a decent QB

Yes, I agree, as I've said!

But you for some reason refuse to put the blame on the coaches for not knowing what the heck they have in the QB room.

Instead, you have offered two weak reasons:

1) Fitz and McCall "caved to fans" by starting HJ today
2) Player evaluation is hard, so even though they've had a full offseason and almost a full season of practice, they had no way of knowing that Andrew Marty might be a decent QB

Do you have a reading comprehension issue? How many times, in various threads, have I said that this is a legitimate critique of MCCall and Fitz. The head coach has final say on who plays, particularly at QB, so Fitz cannot be absolved of criticism.

This year it’s the QB and the players, previous years problem was that’s the O Fitz wanted run. Facts are this offense sucks and has sucked for a while. Not because of the players either. You blame the kids that have to deal with 18+ hours a day of school, practice, game prep, etc., but don’t put any blame no matter the argument on the OC who’s getting paid to run the same stale ass shit week after week that doesn’t work. He has yet to figure out a way to change/tailor this offense to its strengths but good thing is we got one more game till he’s gone.

Do you have a reading comprehension issue? How many times, in various threads, have I said that this is a legitimate critique of MCCall and Fitz. The head coach has final say on who plays, particularly at QB, so Fitz cannot be absolved of criticism.

Nah. You said it's a legitimate critique, sure, but that's a pretty darn toothless comment given you think no action should be taken. Rather, even though they don't know their own QB room, and put HJ out there to get concussed, you still think McCall (and Fitz) deserves the confidence of the players and fans.

I'm with you corbi. We still had the same OC when Marty came into the game and the game plan didn't change, but we finally had a quarterback who could execute it. It seems to me that what Fitz has been saying to the effect that the quarterbacks had not worked hard enough to prepare for the season is absolutely correct. Apparently 2 did - T.J. and Andrew Marty!

Reactions: corbi296
Nah. You said it's a legitimate critique, sure, but that's a pretty darn toothless comment given you think no action should be taken. Rather, even though they don't know their own QB room, and put HJ out there to get concussed, you still think McCall (and Fitz) deserves the confidence of the players and fans.

No, I don’t think anyone should be fired because they overestimated the capabilities of certain QBs and underestimated the capabilities of another. It’s obvious Fitz and MCCall felt TJ Green was their most ready QB and they believe the season would have gone differently had he not gotten injured. I agree with them. Injuries suck but they are part of the game.

I'm with you corbi. We still had the same OC when Marty came into the game and the game plan didn't change, but we finally had a quarterback who could execute it. It seems to me that what Fitz has been saying to the effect that the quarterbacks had not worked hard enough to prepare for the season is absolutely correct. Apparently 2 did - T.J. and Andrew Marty!

Yep. He flawlessly executed that zero-yard crossing route with less than a minute to play in the half.

Agreed although I would say that Marty probably wasn’t ready at the beginning of the season. I am actually excited to see him play next week after a full week of practice reps as the starter. I think we can upset Illinois and that would be a huge confidence boost for the team and for the fan base. Let’s hope.

Reactions: hdhntr1
No, I don’t think anyone should be fired because they overestimated the capabilities of certain QBs and underestimated the capabilities of another. It’s obvious Fitz and MCCall felt TJ Green was their most ready QB and they believe the season would have gone differently had he not gotten injured. I agree with them. Injuries suck but they are part of the game.
To be clear, you think the offense is just fine?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT