ADVERTISEMENT

By Wrassler’s projections, if we beat Wisconsin, we win the BT West Title!

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
Purdue will light up Wisconsin! Possibly beat Iowa also. Nebraska ain’t too bad, so Iowa has four tough games coming up. We beat Wisconsin Sat, we are in the title game! We ain’t losing to Illinois or Minnesota with Browser starting! He is darn tough up the middle! Just what we needed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel_
Wisconsin has to play At Northwestern, At Penn State, and At Purdue! I see at least two losses there! They are out of title hunt. It is between NU,Iowa,and Purdue!

Purdue will light Wisconsin! Possibly beat Iowa also. Nebraska ain’t too bad, so Iowa has four tough games coming up. We beat Wisconsin Sat, we are in the title game! We ain’t losing to Illinois or Minnesota with Browser starting! He is darn tough up the middle! Just what we needed!

So, Wrassler - will we win? So you say, and so it shall be. This much I have finally learned to accept.

The schedule really favors Northwestern! Especially, if we pull off the upset Saturday! Purdue has theee tough games. Iowa has four tough games. Wisconsin has three tough games. Cats only have two tough games as ND doesn’t matter much.

Purdue will light Wisconsin! Possibly beat Iowa also. Nebraska ain’t too bad, so Iowa has four tough games coming up. We beat Wisconsin Sat, we are in the title game! We ain’t losing to Illinois or Minnesota with Browser starting! He is darn tough up the middle! Just what we needed!

We are capable of losing to any team. We could beat UW and then lose to Illnoise.

We need to load the box and stuff the run,while forcing Hornibrook to throw everything underneath. Then we need Browser to pound the ball at least 20 times. Browser has got a little JJ in him?

We need to load the box and stuff the run,while forcing Hornibrook to throw everything underneath. Then we need Browser to pound the ball at least 20 times. Browser has got a little JJ in him?
Lord have mercy, Wrassler. You may actually force me to put you on ignore with the 52 references per day on Bowser’s tough running and Hornibrook’s poor passing!!!! You are mucking up every thread even the few you don’t start.

Lord have mercy, Wrassler. You may actually force me to put you on ignore with the 52 references per day on Bowser’s tough running and Hornibrook’s poor passing!!!! You are mucking up every thread even the few you don’t start.
I hear ya! I wear ear muffs when I talk cuz I can’t stand to hear myself think! Dang! I’m jacked up and close to getting locked down by Louey Vachey!

Everyone, including Clucko the Chicken, is picking WI -6.5 this week......

Wisconsin at Northwestern
12:00 FOX | Get Tickets
Line: Wisconsin -6.5, o/u: 51.5

Gill Alexander, VSIN @beatingthebook: Wisconsin*
@JeffFeyerer, CFN: Wisconsin
@PeteFiutak, CFN: Wisconsin
@DanHarralson, VolsWire.com: Wisconsin
@PhilHarrisonBW, BuckeyeWire.com: Wisconsin
@IsaiahHole, WolverinesWire.com: Wisconsin
@JeremyMauss, MWwire.com: Wisconsin
Shannon McKinley, TicketCity.com: COMING
@Russ Mitchell, CFN: COMING
@Jeremy Simon, WVUwire.com: COMING
Keith Stewart, Winners & Whiners: Wisconsin
@CrowleySullivan, SpartansWire.com: Wisconsin
@JoeVitale, UGAwire.com: COMING
Ben Worgull, BadgersInsider, @TheBadgerNation: COMING
@Ryann_Zeller, FrogsWire.com: COMING
Clucko The Chicken (a coin flip): Northwestern
CONSENSUS PICK: Wisconsin

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10/week-9-college-football-expert-picks-predictions-2/2

Purdue will light up Wisconsin! Possibly beat Iowa also. Nebraska ain’t too bad, so Iowa has four tough games coming up. We beat Wisconsin Sat, we are in the title game! We ain’t losing to Illinois or Minnesota with Browser starting! He is darn tough up the middle! Just what we needed!
I think we would still have to beat IA as well. PU is a wild card. We hold a half game lead over PU but unless someone else beats them, us losing one game puts them on top

Reactions: drewjin
Maybe we could have Ash play RB. THen we would be set.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10/week-9-college-football-expert-picks-predictions-2/2

Perhaps you meant excluding Clucko. I'm with Clucko on this one. I think he knows something.

Exact circumstances that NU does well.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Nope. Two completely different running styles. I'd compare IB to Noah Herron.
Basically what I said a couple days ago. That we have not had what I would call a power back since Herron. Our blocking style has been zone which puts an emphasis on the ability to see the hole and makequick cuts to the creases that form. JJ was really good at it and it looked like Larkin had similar style but the rest of our RBs are a little short on those capabilities. With Bowser we have our first actual RB in the 220 lb range (rather than sub 200) allowing a more traditional power running attack

Basically what I said a couple days ago. That we have not had what I would call a power back since Herron. Our blocking style has been zone which puts an emphasis on the ability to see the hole and makequick cuts to the creases that form. JJ was really good at it and it looked like Larkin had similar style but the rest of our RBs are a little short on those capabilities. With Bowser we have our first actual RB in the 220 lb range (rather than sub 200) allowing a more traditional power running attack
I watched the replay. Bowser is the only guy that can make players miss. You need 2-3 players to take em down. He got stronger as the day went on. Unless you have Rondale Moore speed, it is difficult to find holes. That is why we need Clayton ‘s arm, which is best in BT,and pound em with Bowser

I watched the replay. Bowser is the only guy that can make players miss. You need 2-3 players to take em down. He got stronger as the day went on. Unless you have Rondale Moore speed, it is difficult to find holes. That is why we need Clayton ‘s arm, which is best in BT,and pound em with Bowser
Actually, he doesn't make guys miss, he just runs 'em over. Bowser Bowling.

Reactions: LACatFan
Penn State, Purdue,NU,and Nebraska will give Iowa all they can handle.

Didn't you say Maryland would give Iowa a game too? If Iowa beats Penn St this weekend, they win out! Should be fun going down the stretch. I will be heading to IC for the Northwestern game with some buddies that have never been to a BIG10 game. I hope you guys win out coming to IC. That would be fun, wins against Wisconsin and ND. Best of luck Cats!

HAWKS4LIFE:

Welcome to these parts. Not always friendly territory, but I’ll step out here and bid thee welcome.

I really appreciate your post and the spirit in which it was given.

I have good friends who are Iowa fans, and we have alternated hosting each other in IC and Evanston. It’s always been good fun, each side has won and lost, and the overall appreciation for the game has denominated the experience.

Sad to say, this year my Iowa friends have decided to break the tradition, saying that they “Hate NU, hate Pat Fitzgerald” and by extension hate me. I’m viewed as something of an albatross as I’ve seen more NU wins in these contests.

Nonetheless, I’ve never been mistreated at Kinnick Stadium, even when the lone wearer of the purple in a sea of black and gold. (IC is another matter, drunk students can be quite amusing in their taunts, but I separate that from the Kinnick experience.) The only other B1G stadiums that I can say this about would be Spartan Stadium in East Lansing and Memorial Stadium in Bloomington.

I vividly recall Kinnick in 2009, when we derailed an Iowa team that seemed destined for the Rose Bowl. Stanzi went down in the end zone. Yet after the game, Iowa fans went out of their way to shake my hand and congratulate me on the win and by their own admission say that Ferentz was too greedy on that fateful play.

Once upon a time, in the Hayden Fry era, there was a condescending animus towards the “Mildcats”. Those days are long gone, and I think there is a healthy respect from both sides. That early string of Fitz wins seems to have righted the balance.

To wit: I can only speak personally, and no doubt smarter minds and sharper tongues than mine on this board will say otherwise, but I have a lot of respect for Ferentz and his tenure in a profession that has very high turnover. I very much get his philosphy of running the same five plays and simply out executing the opponent (how can we, as NU fans, not admire this, given the wobbly nature of our execution?) and I salute him for letting his son bring the program, ever so grudgingly, into the 21st Century with an expanded playbook.

So I am with you. While convenient to see you lose to Penn State, I hope that you win. And as you wish, that we win out. (Though the Domer game is a distraction, but a very significant one for us.) And we settle the West between us. And win or lose, we leave that field with respect.

I, for one, get how significant the Iowa experience is for a generation of Iowa students. While non-Greek at NU, I get how significant those Greek bonds are for Iowa residents. And I know how significant Iowa football, with all of its ups and downs, is to Iowa. I can only wish that NU football could be as significant to the population of the greater Chicago area and that we could fill out our stadium with rabid fans in purple like you can do with the black and gold.

So beat the Lions! And thank you for your well wishes against the Badgers. And may we meet on the field of play in IC as equals.

Last edited:
Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Google Chrome used to be my favorite Browser, but not anymore!!

Great response, thank you! Best of luck the rest of the way!

HAWKS4LIFE:

Welcome to these parts. Not always friendly territory, but I’ll step out here and bid thee welcome.

I have good friends who are Iowa fans, and we have alternated hosting each other in IC and Evanston. It’s always been good fun, each side has won and lost, and the overall appreciation for the game has denominated the experience.

Sad to say, this year my Iowa friends have decided to break the tradition, saying that they “Hate NU, hate Pat Fitzgerald” and by extension hate me. I’m viewed as something of an albatross as I’ve seen more NU wins in these contests.

Nonetheless, I’ve never been mistreated at Kinnick Stadium, even when the lone wearer of the purple in a sea of black and gold. (IC is another matter, drunk students can be quite amusing in their taunts, but I separate that from the Kinnick experience.) The only other B1G stadiums that I can say this about would be Spartan Stadium in East Lansing and Memorial Stadium in Bloomington.

I vividly recall Kinnick in 2009, when we derailed an Iowa team that seemed destined for the Rose Bowl. Stanzi went down in the end zone. Yet after the game, Iowa fans went out of their way to shake my hand and congratulate me on the win and by their own admission say that Ferentz was too greedy on that fateful play.

Once upon a time, in the Hayden Fry era, there was a condescending animus towards the “Mildcats”. Those days are long gone, and I think there is a healthy respect from both sides. That early string of Fitz wins seems to have righted the balance.

To wit: I can only speak personally, and no doubt smarter minds and sharper tongues than mine on this board will say otherwise, but I have a lot of respect for Ferentz and his tenure in a profession that has very high turnover. I very much get his philosphy of running the same five plays and simply out executing the opponent (how can we, as NU fans, not admire this, given the wobbly nature of our execution?) and I salute him for letting his son bring the program, ever so grudgingly, into the 21st Century with an expanded playbook.

So I am with you. While convenient to see you lose to Penn State, I hope that you win. And as you wish, that we win out. (Though the Domer game is a distraction, but a very significant one for us.) And we settle the West between us. And win or lose, we leave that field with respect.

I, for one, get how significant the Iowa experience is for a generation of Iowa students. While non-Greek at NU, I get how significant those Greek bonds are for Iowa residents. And I know how significant Iowa football, with all of its ups and downs, is to Iowa. I can only wish that NU football could be as significant to the population of the greater Chicago area and that we could fill out our stadium with rabid fans in purple like you can do with the black and gold.

So beat the Lions! And thank you for your well wishes against the Badgers. And may we meet on the field of play in IC as equals.

HAWKS4LIFE:

Best of luck this year. Good post.

Didn't you say Maryland would give Iowa a game too? If Iowa beats Penn St this weekend, they win out! Should be fun going down the stretch. I will be heading to IC for the Northwestern game with some buddies that have never been to a BIG10 game. I hope you guys win out coming to IC. That would be fun, wins against Wisconsin and ND. Best of luck Cats!
Maryland qb fumbled and cost em a TD. Iowa is playing the best ball in the West right now. Still,alot can happen. Let's see how it all plays out. Who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT