ADVERTISEMENT

Calling Matt Rice RE: Ismaeli

mybrotha

Jul 21, 2011
Ismaeli has been mentioned on this board of late and I was a big of his in 95. I think his loss due to suspension as I remember in 96 was huge. I'd love to hear from you Matt on what it meant to lose him defensively and in the return game.

Ismaeli is still my favorite Cat of all time!! He was one hell of a blitzer. He could absolutely throw caution to the wind when returning kicks - forget setting up blocks...just ran as fast as he could up field. He was great. A little ganj did him in. Damn!

Ismaeli is still my favorite Cat of all time!! He was one hell of a blitzer. He could absolutely throw caution to the wind when returning kicks - forget setting up blocks...just ran as fast as he could up field. He was great. A little ganj did him in. Damn!
Could not agree with you more he was just a beast. Wonder how he got caught, maybe he pissed someone off or something cuz when played hockey in college all of us drank and smoked pot. Literally all the football players did and many on a nightly basis.

Could not agree with you more he was just a beast. Wonder how he got caught, maybe he pissed someone off or something cuz when played hockey in college all of us drank and smoked pot. Literally all the football players did and many on a nightly basis.

Sounds like you played before random drug testing was instituted.

Yes that's correct. Funny story I never got high until college and it took probably a couple of weeks before I ever did because I would cough so much that I guess not much of anything got into my clean my lungs. One night I thought I wasn't stoned again and went to get out of a bean bag chair and when I did I felt my head lift all the way to the ceiling and bingo I was stoned. My munchy run that night I am told was epic at minimum. Our hockey coach was a hard charging old time hockey guy and said he didn't care if we drank but "pot makes you play like pu-/:;& so don't smoke pot." That's just how it was back then. The athletes that didn't party were by far in the minority to the ones who did.

I will tell you a very funny story about that sometime involving Doug Single and a question from an NU basketball player when that went into effect.

I will tell you a very funny story about that sometime involving Doug Single and a question from an NU basketball player when that went into effect.
It was widespread in the late seventies and early 80s and no one cared at all. First guys I ever tried pot with were guys on the football team and my RA!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT