ADVERTISEMENT

Change in Perception of NU?

techtim72

Gold Member
May 10, 2010
Did anyone else get the feeling that the announcers were showing NU more respect, recognizing their recent run of success? I think winning this game against a formidable opponent post the appearance in the Big Ten Championship was HUGE in terms of national recognition. I know we will continue to get some of the same stereotype reviews in the coming season but these past two games IMO mark a turning point.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Did anyone else get the feeling that the announcers were showing NU more respect, recognizing their recent run of success? I think winning this game against a formidable opponent post the appearance in the Big Ten Championship was HUGE in terms of national recognition. I know we will continue to get some of the same stereotype reviews in the coming season but these past two games IMO mark a turning point.
Jennny Taft mentioned that Thorson corrected her to point out this success is not new.

I found it interesting that Dave Wannesdat was the only on air broadcaster to pick NU to win the game in the pregame broadcast for FS1. Everybody seemingly didn't give us much of a chance to beat a coach that was like 15-1 in bowl games for Utah before losing to NU yesterday. I think going forward, people will be more prone to picking us to win big games like the holiday bowl.

Reactions: willycat
Um, Jenny Taft, you might want to do at least a little bit of homework on the teams you are covering in the game. Jeez.

I found it interesting that Dave Wannesdat was the only on air broadcaster to pick NU to win the game in the pregame broadcast for FS1. Everybody seemingly didn't give us much of a chance to beat a coach that was like 15-1 in bowl games for Utah before losing to NU yesterday. I think going forward, people will be more prone to picking us to win big games like the holiday bowl.
Maybe Wanny is looking for a HC gig , when and if Fitz is gone.

Wannesdat is more connected to Chicago sports so he knows the real story of who the Cats are. NU is not as nationally known as most posters think. Out side of the B1G footprint NU doesn't have name recognition. That is changing but lots of people here in Utah confuse us with directional schools and small local colleges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT