ADVERTISEMENT

Don't sleep on Purdue

Edey lost some weight and seems to be in better shape. The guards are playing much better as well. It will come down to if Purdue can make shots.

Looking to see how the NU players compete and deal with the adversity that comes with the game. Purdue is going to take

Brooks back down game away so he has to come up with a mid range. When does get a 2point opportunity has to finish. He has a very low percentage.

Nu needs to find away to get Lanborg catch and shoot opportunities from 3. He is better at that than shooting off the move from 3. He is much better off the dribble with a pull up game from 2

Which Ty shows up? NU needs the one from last 3 games. Playing with confidence.
Which MN shows up?
Who is the backup 5? Hunger bring a different dimension.
If Clayton gets in, which one shows? The defensive guys from WMU or the one that lost his man NIU?

Boo needs to be all world and no silly fouls.

Martenelli needs to be himself, playing well this year.

Should be fun

Best part is after this test they get like 9 days off to fix a lot of issues and improve on the good,

Looking forward to a fun night.

Edey lost some weight and seems to be in better shape. The guards are playing much better as well. It will come down to if Purdue can make shots.

Looking to see how the NU players compete and deal with the adversity that comes with the game. Purdue is going to take

Brooks back down game away so he has to come up with a mid range. When does get a 2point opportunity has to finish. He has a very low percentage.

Nu needs to find away to get Lanborg catch and shoot opportunities from 3. He is better at that than shooting off the move from 3. He is much better off the dribble with a pull up game from 2

Which Ty shows up? NU needs the one from last 3 games. Playing with confidence.
Which MN shows up?
Who is the backup 5? Hunger bring a different dimension.
If Clayton gets in, which one shows? The defensive guys from WMU or the one that lost his man NIU?

Boo needs to be all world and no silly fouls.

Martenelli needs to be himself, playing well this year.

Should be fun

Best part is after this test they get like 9 days off to fix a lot of issues and improve on the good,

Looking forward to a fun night.
Braden Smith the PG who was a freshman last season is back and better. They have beaten a bunch of very good teams so far.

Reactions: Rebel II
I know we crushed them last year, but I understand they have a few key players returning. Seems that they're having a decent season so far. This won't be as easy as we think.
Easy? Are you crazy? They are good, very good. Deep and well coached. Better be ready to go to wae or it could be a blow out.

Braden Smith the PG who was a freshman last season is back and better. They have beaten a bunch of very good teams so far.
Smith is playing great so far

Will be a great match-up Smith vs. Boo

Smith still does leave his feet when making certain passes, hopefully,NU knowing what Purdue likes to run will lead to some steals

So far Purdue is shooting better as team

Easy? Are you crazy? They are good, very good. Deep and well coached. Better be ready to go to wae or it could be a blow out.
I think BosCat was being less than serious. Not really sarcasm, but it would be nice to have an identifying emoji for such wryness!

BosCat knows, as do we all, how formidable tonight's task will be for the Cats.

I think BosCat was being less than serious. Not really sarcasm, but it would be nice to have an identifying emoji for such wryness!

What's tonight's task? Studying for a midterm?

In all seriousness, NU likely doesn't stand a chance against a #1 team. Of course, many were saying the same thing 10 months ago.

Purdue's greatest weakness last year, imho, was playing two freshman guards. They're now sophs with a year under their belts and should be better so Purdue should be better. Team ranking might not go up (from #1 seed), but actual quality should be much higher.

Reactions: techtim72
Purdue's greatest weakness last year, imho, was playing two freshman guards. They're now sophs with a year under their belts and should be better so Purdue should be better. Team ranking might not go up (from #1 seed), but actual quality should be much higher.
Smith looks much improved. Loyer does not. He is a very streaky shooter and doesn't bring a lot else to the table (now that I say that he will probably score 30 against us). Their 4 is tough in the post and may give Barnhizer some issues trying to defend him. Hopefully, Barnhizer can take advantage of him on the offensive end. The transfer, Lance Jones, can run the floor and shoot from 3. They are very deep (a few starters in prior years (Gillis, Furst and Morton) come off the bench and they have a freshman (Roosevelt Colvin's son) that can shoot and looks to be a decent athlete. We will need Berry and Langborg to step up. It's going to be tough to keep our bigs out of foul trouble. I can see Hunger getting more minutes. I think we will have to go deeper in our roster overall because they are going to come at us in waves.

Um, the game is not tonight. It's Friday. :)

Looks like NU is some 7.5pt dogs. Shows some respect. I'd guess the spread was bigger last year, even hopeless, and maybe Purdue was overconfident, which surely won't happen this year. Time to find out how good NU is.

Will be really interested to see how Buie-to-Nicholson works this game.

Reactions: rmndcat
You're so right. Maybe it's a thing of mine. A few years ago I showed up at the airport, ticket in hand, for a flight that was for the next day!

The readiness is all. (Hamlet)
The look on your face when this dawned on you would've been priceless. :eek:

Looks like NU is some 7.5pt dogs. Shows some respect. I'd guess the spread was bigger last year, even hopeless, and maybe Purdue was overconfident, which surely won't happen this year. Time to find out how good NU is.

Will be really interested to see how Buie-to-Nicholson works this game.
Not sure the defense will match last year's effort so unless we shoot lights out this one could get ugly. Either way ready for an entertaining game... still remember when that wasn't a thing with NU bball.

The line has gone from Purdue -7.5 down to -5.5.

So, lots of money coming in on the Cats. I’m honestly quite surprised. Purdue has looked fantastic this year and has earned that #1 ranking. And you gotta think revenge is on their mind.

I’m skeptical, but hope the money is right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT