ADVERTISEMENT

DP tweet on Izzo

haywood jahblowme

Aug 5, 2010
anyone catch the tweet by DP?

here it is -

if you read the comments, of course people jump in and assume he is usuing that situation bashing CCC (including lou)

now maybe DP is using reverse psychology - but also retweeted miles bridges tweet -

then responded to this tweet by saying "a lot of people won't understand bro" -

its funny how people take what is said and view it from the angle that best fits their agenda (not specifically saying in this case that lou had an agenda). i just think we see a lot of that on this board too

... its funny how people take what is said and view it from the angle that best fits their agenda (not specifically saying in this case that lou had an agenda). i just think we see a lot of that on this board too

Boy, is agenda is the right word.

We're back to these silly little games. I'd swear Doc is back. Always push your point. Never consider the facts or a reasonable context.

People might find a wider variety of discussion more in line with their "agenda" if they weren't trying to cram variations of the same beaten-to-death opinion into every one of their posts.

It's bad enough that the team was OBVIOUSLY pretty bad on the court. And OF COURSE, the transfers would leave any discerning fan with questions.

Dragging these points among others again and again into your narrative for some mystical gotcha moment is just self serving.

It's pretty obvious Collins rubs quite a few the wrong way. I don't disagree with a lot of it. But ongoing versions of grassy-knoll theories with ABSOLUTELY NO objectivity really doesn't make me want to add to your discussion.

We're back to these silly little games. I'd swear Doc is back. Always push your point. Never consider the facts or a reasonable context.

People might find a wider variety of discussion more in line with their "agenda" if they weren't trying to cram variations of the same beaten-to-death opinion into every one of their posts.

It's bad enough that the team was OBVIOUSLY pretty bad on the court. And OF COURSE, the transfers would leave any discerning fan with questions.

Dragging these points among others again and again into your narrative for some mystical gotcha moment is just self serving.

It's pretty obvious Collins rubs quite a few the wrong way. I don't disagree with a lot of it. But ongoing versions of grassy-knoll theories with ABSOLUTELY NO objectivity really doesn't make me want to add to your discussion.

But you just did in 500 words or so.

i am not sure if this is responding to me - can you clarify?

From the reaction of player who received Izzo's pointed finger, it looked like Izzo recruits the right type of kids. Kids who handle and expect direct criticism because they want to get better.

The player didn't back off of Izzo....he yelled right back. And he continued to play and helped MSU to win.

anyone catch the tweet by DP?

here it is -

if you read the comments, of course people jump in and assume he is usuing that situation bashing CCC (including lou)

now maybe DP is using reverse psychology - but also retweeted miles bridges tweet -

then responded to this tweet by saying "a lot of people won't understand bro" -

its funny how people take what is said and view it from the angle that best fits their agenda (not specifically saying in this case that lou had an agenda). i just think we see a lot of that on this board too
Lou opined?

Collins is extremely competitive, emotional, and wants to get the most from his players. As he learned from Coach K, he can be harsh and very blunt with his players. My guess is that he met with Falzon and Ash before the end of the season and told them that if they came back they would have limited roles and they wanted to play more minutes for their last season and said I’m gone and will find a better situation like Rap did.

As for Benson, my guess is that CC guaranteed nothing in terms of being the starter and Collins challenged him to prove it during the summer. Benson who is probably friends with Rap said that I have shown CC enough to be the starter and he said, I transfer.

I think Collins wants a tougher, lunch pail or hard nose guy on the team like Pardon which I think this team has been missing for the past two seasons since Sanjay’s graduation and to survive the rough and tumble Big 10 when you are competing against more highly rated athletes. And he did voice that similar sentiment when describing Pardon at the end of the regular season and after the BTT loss.

Collins is extremely competitive, emotional, and wants to get the most from his players. As he learned from Coach K, he can be harsh and very blunt with his players. My guess is that he met with Falzon and Ash before the end of the season and told them that if they came back they would have limited roles and they wanted to play more minutes for their last season and said I’m gone and will find a better situation like Rap did.

As for Benson, my guess is that CC guaranteed nothing in terms of being the starter and Collins challenged him to prove it during the summer. Benson who is probably friends with Rap said that I have shown CC enough to be the starter and he said, I transfer.

I think Collins wants a tougher, lunch pail or hard nose guy on the team like Pardon which I think this team has been missing for the past two seasons since Sanjay’s graduation and to survive the rough and tumble Big 10 when you are competing against more highly rated athletes. And he did voice that similar sentiment when describing Pardon at the end of the regular season and after the BTT loss.
Man, that's a whole lot of speculation without any basis in fact.

No one knows why these three guys left.

Two things on Benson....

* For a big man, he has a pretty high center of gravity which results in him being moved pretty easily, and his frequently falling after moderate contact;
* He has a very high foul rate...improved slightly this year, but still upper tier.

What this means is that (point one) when he's on the floor he's not an effective defender and (point two) he can't stay on the floor.

I highly doubt Collins gave Benson an ultimatum that he had to work or prove anything over the summer because Collins is already on record as saying he's one of the two hardest workers on the team.

I think it's highly likely Benson would have started next year. But, like his first three years, Collins would sit him after a couple fouls. The fouls would have made it tough for Benson to eclipse 20 minutes game. Eventually, one of the frosh would have become the go to 5 because of consistency/reliability.

And who would want a coach to guarantee any player they start....players earn the start and time by playing better than their teammates in practice.

Reactions: IGNORE
Benson is absolutely terrible. Everyone on the team knows it. The student managers joke about it.

At the same time, we need big bodies. We'll be very small next year (not speaking strictly about height, but also about size).

i believe the people responding were reading it as DP making a slight at CCC
Didn’t appear that way to me, but I don’t have NU parchment.

Personally, I would play for a Coach like Izzo any day of the week. Of course, I am assuming he acted appropriately ( for what he knew at he time) on the sexual misconduct claims at MSU.

CCC can’t get away with this as he doesn’t have Izzo’s Resume. However, it is telling that there has not been a single player moaning about Izzo’s treatment. The whining is from the outside. May have been better ways to handle it, but guys going to play for Izzo know the deal before they sign up. MSU is almost always a tough minded team.

MSU is almost always a tough minded team.
I think this is the reason they beat UM thrice this season. If memory serves me correctly, they were behind in all three games (two for sure), and came back to win. Michigan has the better players. Coaching is probably a push. But MSU is the tougher team.

Didn’t appear that way to me, but I don’t have NU parchment.

Personally, I would play for a Coach like Izzo any day of the week. Of course, I am assuming he acted appropriately ( for what he knew at he time) on the sexual misconduct claims at MSU.

CCC can’t get away with this as he doesn’t have Izzo’s Resume. However, it is telling that there has not been a single player moaning about Izzo’s treatment. The whining is from the outside. May have been better ways to handle it, but guys going to play for Izzo know the deal before they sign up. MSU is almost always a tough minded team.

if you read the comments - you will see thats why its was taken that way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT