ADVERTISEMENT

Early season question

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
I was wondering if people think that Fitz will hold back any portion of the playbook during the Non Conference schedule? I feel like he has done this in the past with mixed results. I don't think that he did last season WMU was simply pretty good and well prepared for the opener and the ISU game was I don't know what.

I really think that next year's team is going to be very good and should win all 3 games based on talent alone. NU can't always say that. We should win those games even if we make a few mistakes but will NU hold back anything for Wisconsin. The Wisconsin game could be, in many ways, a championship game.

I am just entertaining a big question- who is next up as QB for the Cats if God forbid something happens to Clayton? Alviti? Is Matt finally healthy and ready to make his mark on the program? We have been lucky with Thorson's health. Other than a few plays against PSU his frosh year with Oliver filling in, he has been OK health-wise. Are we going to go with a frosh if CT gets hurt?

Alviti is the clear backup. Healthy and ready to go all spring. Nice insurance policy to have,

I was wondering if people think that Fitz will hold back any portion of the playbook during the Non Conference schedule? I feel like he has done this in the past with mixed results. I don't think that he did last season WMU was simply pretty good and well prepared for the opener and the ISU game was I don't know what.

I really think that next year's team is going to be very good and should win all 3 games based on talent alone. NU can't always say that. We should win those games even if we make a few mistakes but will NU hold back anything for Wisconsin. The Wisconsin game could be, in many ways, a championship game.

Holding back Riley Lees. Secret weapon for Whisky game.

Did anybody see Lees run as a hs quarterback? I did. He canters/wiggles like an antelope. If that translates to movement/moves/separation and hands as a college wr, look out! We may have an allamerican lining up for us. I may be biased, but I really think we've got a really good one coming soon- with production like Dwayne Bates.

Did anybody see Lees run as a hs quarterback? I did. He canters/wiggles like an antelope. If that translates to movement/moves/separation and hands as a college wr, look out! We may have an allamerican lining up for us. I may be biased, but I really think we've got a really good one coming soon- with production like Dwayne Bates.

Quoting a Superman movie: you are not alone.

Lees is going to be really good and it's going to be fun watching him break down B1G defenses over the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT