ADVERTISEMENT

End of the Prime mystique

Front page of ESPN college football page like:

"YOU WILL PAY ATTENTION!"

Sanders doesn’t appear to be building for the future. Seems like a win now approach with a heavy reliance on the transfer portal and just 5 high school signees. The likelihood of him remaining in Boulder after his son turns pro is slim to none.

Sanders doesn’t appear to be building for the future. Seems like a win now approach with a heavy reliance on the transfer portal and just 5 high school signees. The likelihood of him remaining in Boulder after his son turns pro is slim to none.

If the 5 star kid is choosing between Colorado and Maryland, he’s not a 5 star kid.

If the 5 star kid is choosing between Colorado and Maryland, he’s not a 5 star kid.
The kid in question is named Jordan Seaton. He has offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, Tennessee, Clemson, Oklahoma, and a bunch of others. Pretty sure he really is a "5 star kid". Not sure why he would turn them down to choose between Colorado and Maryland, but that's recruiting for you.

The kid in question is named Jordan Seaton. He has offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, Tennessee, Clemson, Oklahoma, and a bunch of others. Pretty sure he really is a "5 star kid". Not sure why he would turn them down to choose between Colorado and Maryland, but that's recruiting for you.

Mike Lock$ley can recruit.

Can’t build a program the way he’s trying to, and also their signature win was against a garbage team that we didn’t know was garbage at the time, and also he’s trashing ex-players on Twitter, and also his son’s place in the draft is at least as important to him as his team’s record.

We will see if Deion is the new face of the NIL era or a flash in the pan.

If the former, NU should just construct a small football stadium for use in a humble future far removed from Prime Time.

If the latter, then NU should just construct a small football stadium for use in a humble future far removed from prime time.

Prime put life into a Colorado program that was at rock bottom. Whether he works or not, Colorado received a benefit. I don’t know what type of coach he is. Trying to judge on one year with 72 new players and a new coaching staff is a bit harsh.

Of those 61 players, how many entered the portal or did he have a lot of grad transfers?

Prime put life into a Colorado program that was at rock bottom. Whether he works or not, Colorado received a benefit. I don’t know what type of coach he is. Trying to judge on one year with 72 new players and a new coaching staff is a bit harsh.

Of those 61 players, how many entered the portal or did he have a lot of grad transfers?
Yeah… this narrative is crazy to me. They were 1-11 and have arguably been the worst program across the Big Ten, PAC 12, Big 12, SEC, and ACC over the past decade. The team improved substantially (and with a more difficult schedule than ours).

Of course guys transferred and out and transferred in. I am willing to give him more than one year.

Prime is an easy target because of his huge personality. A lot of Coaches do similar things with roster management. I just wish Prime would lose the unfortunate social media shots at the transferring players. There is really no excuse for that.

Nobody talks about Franklin at PSU who was way over the scholarship limits in spring ball but magically got down to the number with a bunch of third stringers hitting the portal this week. Franklin hypocritically speaks about family, but that’s only for players that actually put on their helmet.

This attitude bothers me. Even though some/all of these kids are getting paid now, they are not adults. They are 18,19,20 year old kids who are still developing mentally and emotionally. Treating them like professional free agents is not helping these kids grow and learn and become solid adults.
They are not deaf, dumb, and blind like Tommy.

Yeah… this narrative is crazy to me. They were 1-11 and have arguably been the worst program across the Big Ten, PAC 12, Big 12, SEC, and ACC over the past decade. The team improved substantially (and with a more difficult schedule than ours).

Of course guys transferred and out and transferred in. I am willing to give him more than one year.
They went 1-8 in pac 12. Did they improve under prime, sure. But they were far closer to being a bad team than a good one.

I hardly call what Colorado did last year improving substantially.

They went 1-8 in pac 12. Did they improve under prime, sure. But they were far closer to being a bad team than a good one.
No one is saying they’re good. Saying Deion has failed after one season is crazy. They definitely improved and dont forget: they didn’t get to play a UTEP or Howard.

No one is saying they’re good. Saying Deion has failed after one season is crazy. They definitely improved and dont forget: they didn’t get to play a UTEP or Howard.
Why are you bashing NU? Braun took over a situation that was completely different from Prime, with literally no support, having to stand by himself at the pre-season B1G media day. By the end of year, which was the better team? Hint: one team went to a bowl game and beat Utah. The other one finished 4-8, losing to Utah on the way.

Moving the goal posts. Never said he was a failure, just that the improvement was minimal. Let’s see where we are a year from now when his son and teams best player leaves. My guess is Deion follows him out the door

Moving the goal posts. Never said he was a failure, just that the improvement was minimal. Let’s see where we are a year from now when his son and teams best player leaves. My guess is Deion follows him out the door

You can count on that. Coach Sanders cares only about himself and his family. Would love to sit down for a beer with O’Boyle…bet he has some stories to share.

I sincerely hope Deion is still there in two years, and I even more sincerely hope that NU and Colorado can adjust the schedule so that the new Ryan Field is opened in a nationally televised Braun stomps Coach Neon obliteration. (Or any kind of NU win.)

CBS published a ‘25 mock draft with Sanders-Hunter going 1-2. Doesn’t translate to wins tho.

Sanders pulled the rug out from his former OC Sean Lewis who has since left Colorado to head the San Diego State football program. The hope is that Lewis will breathe new life into a moribund Aztecs offense and program that declined under Brady Hoke who retired under pressure. It will be interesting to see if the fast-paced offense Lewis tried to install at Colorado will have a better fate at SDSU. After losing 6-0 to Nevada at home last year, Lewis has to offer a more exciting offense scheme for the Aztecs than under Hoke. Let’s see how well Colorado does under a 2nd season with Sanders at the helm.

Reactions: phatcat
Why are you bashing NU? Braun took over a situation that was completely different from Prime, with literally no support, having to stand by himself at the pre-season B1G media day. By the end of year, which was the better team? Hint: one team went to a bowl game and beat Utah. The other one finished 4-8, losing to Utah on the way.
I’m not bashing NU. I love NU. I just don’t think we should get on our high horses by crapping on 4-8 coming off of 1-11. Going 4-8 from 1-11 is a good thing, especially when your program is as terrible as Colorado’s was before Prime and given their schedule.

You can only play the teams on your schedule, but we had cupcakes on ours. It was out of our control but It wasn’t the same Utah, either. I didn’t realize that was controversial.

Fine. He’s not a failure, it’s just the “end of his mystique”.

I’m not bashing NU. I love NU. I just don’t think we should get on our high horses by crapping on 4-8 coming off of 1-11. Going 4-8 from 1-11 is a good thing, especially when your program is as terrible as Colorado’s was before Prime and given their schedule.

You can only play the teams on your schedule, but we had cupcakes on ours. It was out of our control but It wasn’t the same Utah, either. I didn’t realize that was controversial.

Colorado came out the gates decently, beating a ranked TCU and a ranked Nebraska. But it turns out both of those teams kinda stunk.

Their other wins were over a middling Mountain West team in Colorado State and a bad PAC-12 team in its first year under Dillingham.

Let’s not pretend Prime worked miracles in his first season. I’m very much looking forward to NDSU manhandling them week one.

Colorado came out the gates decently, beating a ranked TCU and a ranked Nebraska. But it turns out both of those teams kinda stunk.

Their other wins were over a middling Mountain West team in Colorado State and a bad PAC-12 team in its first year under Dillingham.

Let’s not pretend Prime worked miracles in his first season. I’m very much looking forward to NDSU manhandling them week one.
Worked miracles? Now who is moving the goalposts.

You’re egregiously downplaying the incredible accomplishment of Braun last season. NU was coming off 1-11 too, and went 8-5, which last time I looked, is better than 4-8, schedule be damned. We had 2 cupcakes on the schedule, but they were instrumental in helping Braun get his feet wet as a first time head coach. We had a pretty difficult B1G schedule that included Michigan and State Penn. and injury to our QB prevented us from winning at least two more B1G games. Take your Prime Time apologies elsewhere. Get off my lawn!

Worked miracles? Now who is moving the goalposts.

Sorry you didn’t like my phrasing?

1-11(1-8) to 4-8(1-8) is “ok, cool, good job.” Going from 1-11(1-8) to 8-5(5-4) is “holy shit, that’s incredible,” especially considering that Colorado’s drama was entirely self-created by Prime and NU’s was decidedly not created by Braun. Then layer in minimal roster turnover at NU vs. a complete overhaul at Colorado… yeah, I don’t think Prime did a great job at Colorado, especially as compared to Braun at NU.

You’re egregiously downplaying the incredible accomplishment of Braun last season. NU was coming off 1-11 too, and went 8-5, which last time I looked, is better than 4-8, schedule be damned. We had 2 cupcakes on the schedule, but they were instrumental in helping Braun get his feet wet as a first time head coach. We had a pretty difficult B1G schedule that included Michigan and State Penn. and injury to our QB prevented us from winning at least two more B1G games. Take your Prime Time apologies elsewhere. Get off my lawn!
Was that Michigan game during the bye week and I missed it, or did Michigan move to New Jersey?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT