ADVERTISEMENT

Feldman

Fascinating. I suspect he hasn't seen one minute of NU football though.

Not sure why you would say that...he's a national college football analyst...I'm sure he watches multiples games throughout the week. I'd say there's a very high probability he seen some of the Stanford, Duke and Minny games.

Not sure why you would say that...he's a national college football analyst...I'm sure he watches multiples games throughout the week. I'd say there's a very high probability he seen some of the Stanford, Duke and Minny games.
You're probably right, the Stanford game was the best one on at noon that week. I doubt he saw EIU, Ball State or Minny given the other games on at the time. And the Duke game was an ACC regional game so he might not have seen it. I think a lot of the "experts" are like Felis, going off stats but not actually watching the games. I've changed my mind, I think NU is still not on the national radar and is under appreciated. I heard someone on Sirius College Sports talking about the NU-Michigan game and saying NU might win a few games this season, which is a stupid thing to say.

You're probably right, the Stanford game was the best one on at noon that week. I doubt he saw EIU, Ball State or Minny given the other games on at the time. And the Duke game was an ACC regional game so he might not have seen it. I think a lot of the "experts" are like Felis, going off stats but not actually watching the games. I've changed my mind, I think NU is still not on the national radar and is under appreciated. I heard someone on Sirius College Sports talking about the NU-Michigan game and saying NU might win a few games this season, which is a stupid thing to say.

You do know these guys don't have to watch every game live, right? They spend a good chunk of their weeks watching tape, likely covering all of the top 25.

You do know these guys don't have to watch every game live, right? They spend a good chunk of their weeks watching tape, likely covering all of the top 25.

Exactly....I've got this cool thing called a DVR where I can record multiple games each Saturday and then go back and watch them during the week. Pretty neat.

This week will tell us a lot about NU. Minny and Duke had a good defense, but Michigan looks lockdown good. We'll have to choke down their power running game and try to squeeze out some points somehow. If we can win one of the next three, I think we'll have a good season as there are some wins there for the taking in November. If we can win two of three, it will be a very good season and the sky's the limit if we somehow win all three.

^ Don't know how much better UM's D is compared to last year's, but last year, seemed to have a problem against the 'Cats when McCall finally started to move the pocket.

W. a seemingly improved O-line, might not have to resort to that so much except to keep the UM D honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT