ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU-MSU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I'm back on the couch for today's game. I really think NU can win this one, oddsmakers be damned.

Reactions: mikewebb68
Thorson already getting rid of the ball like it's a hot potato. Not blaming him. OL problems. The Problem of Fitz.
Don't look good early on.

I'm back on the couch for today's game. I really think NU can win this one, oddsmakers be damned.

No Vault on the kick return, but he gets the start at running back.

Nice punt there after an awful three-and-out (Green actually whiffed on the block on first down and Thorson chewed him out). At least that segment of the game has improved.

This is a winnable game if the OL can fight and claw themselves to a decent performance. Hopefully that first possession was a
Mulligan for them.

In the good news department, both Tommy Doles and Blake Hance are playing on NU's offensive line.

I'm sorry, who was that at RB???!? The F is going on?

Interesting that Solomon Vault started and Drake Anderson got a carry before John Moten even got in the game.

Well.... MSU is in the backfield in under a second on every play, but otherwise everything is dandy.

Horrible spot. vault got a first down on the second down run but they didn’t give it to him. Next play a pick. Horrible.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
3rd and inches. Let's drop back and throw an interception. Incompetence.

I really thought we picked up the first down on that run. Surprised they didn't take a second look at the spot...

What the heck are we doing, challenge the spot, and then run a qb sneak. I honestly think we called a first and 10 play. just dumb.

I'm convinced they thought it was 1st and 10 and called a 1st down pass play. I've never seen us in shotgun on 3rd and a foot.
Are we sure the tv folks weren't wrong? Maybe it was first down. That was such a stupid play call for third and inches.

I'm convinced they thought it was 1st and 10 and called a 1st down pass play. I've never seen us in shotgun on 3rd and a foot.

Nah. McCall was just being “clever.”

Defense bent but didn’t break. Need to punch back now.

Are we sure the tv folks weren't wrong? Maybe it was first down. That was such a stupid play call for third and inches.
No. I saw the final spot and the down marker. It was a bad spot and our fault we didn't challenge it or at least call a better play.

That’s what happens when you give Thorson some time and space.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT