ADVERTISEMENT

First time caller

IGNORE

Jan 15, 2019
Long time reader. I just want to start out by saying how excited I am about the new OL coach. I just felt the OL was holding us back and kinda thought the coaching might be the reason. Don't tell anyone, but I have had similar concerns about the WR coach too. I would really like to hear Corbi and GCG's thoughts as they are the reason I started reading this thing in the first place.

Speaking of greats, I gotta say how exciting last season turned out to be, right? I mean I was ready to write the season off after those lousy losses to Duke and Akron. Fortunately, somebody talked me off the ledge by letting me know the OOC games don't count for anything and the smarter teams play them in a fashion to avoid injury - the results are meaningless. Well that saved my faith and what a great season - that bowl game, that second half!

And raise your hand if you thought GB really had any shot at PF. WickerTurk, don't be raising both hands now. Foolish fans - PF is a Cat for life (kinda like Trump when he declares himself dictator - oops, sorry, I think that is supposed to go over towards the rant board...).

Well, it's the middle of a work day and the man expects production so back to the shadows I go. I'm really excited to come out of the closet and say hi. I really hope I can become a friend to many of you.

Long time reader. I just want to start out by saying how excited I am about the new OL coach. I just felt the OL was holding us back and kinda thought the coaching might be the reason. Don't tell anyone, but I have had similar concerns about the WR coach too. I would really like to hear Corbi and GCG's thoughts as they are the reason I started reading this thing in the first place.

Speaking of greats, I gotta say how exciting last season turned out to be, right? I mean I was ready to write the season off after those lousy losses to Duke and Akron. Fortunately, somebody talked me off the ledge by letting me know the OOC games don't count for anything and the smarter teams play them in a fashion to avoid injury - the results are meaningless. Well that saved my faith and what a great season - that bowl game, that second half!

And raise your hand if you thought GB really had any shot at PF. WickerTurk, don't be raising both hands now. Foolish fans - PF is a Cat for life (kinda like Trump when he declares himself dictator - oops, sorry, I think that is supposed to go over towards the rant board...).

Well, it's the middle of a work day and the man expects production so back to the shadows I go. I'm really excited to come out of the closet and say hi. I really hope I can become a friend to many of you.

To answer your question, I think the jury is still out on Springer but I feel much better now than I did a few years ago. I had some real reservations about him because there is no doubt player production dropped off from that position after the departure of Kevin Johns. That may have been just as much about how outstanding a position coach Johns was at NU than any shortcomings about Springer. The improved production from our WRs over the last several years suggests that Springer has become a better teacher with his increased familiarity with coaching the position and undoubtedly with gradual improvement in the caliber of recruits we are bringing in. I am very comfortable with the current composition of the staff and think we could see noticeable improvement in the performance of the OL with the emphasis on proper technique that Anderson brings to the table. I also think we could see better performance from our younger DBs now that coach Mac has a full season of reacclimatimg himself with coaching DB techniques. I am very excited about next season. How long before summer camp starts?

The improved production from our WRs over the last several years suggests that Springer has become a better teacher with his increased familiarity with coaching the position and undoubtedly with gradual improvement in the caliber of recruits we are bringing in.

Looks like serious talent coming in next year at WR. Wouldn't be surprised to see more as the recruits realize who will be passing to them.

Welcome back, IGNORE! As initiation rites, you realize you have to buy FloridAlum a drink. For you, we've also reserved a gallon of Purple Koolaid to chug, to be chased by a shot of Drano from Glades' personal stash. Now try to play nice in the sandbox and don't pee in the Koolaid.

Gotta admit, it’s a great handle.

Springer would seem to be ok. Originally, Idon't think think he had the talent to work with. But feelings toward him changed somewhat with the development of Carr and Nagle. With more talent he is likely to be seen as a better and better coach

Springer would seem to be ok. Originally, Idon't think think he had the talent to work with. But feelings toward him changed somewhat with the development of Carr and Nagle. With more talent he is likely to be seen as a better and better coach
It's so hard to tell with WRs if the line struggles [and QB lacks mobility]. Ebert was extremely good, what if he didnt have Laser Dan throwing to him and escaping the rush. Carr has really been our only guy (like those that clobber us) where you just throw it up and he out-athletes you to the ball. Prater had a number of huge games doing that as well. BigBen is doing some of it now, sometimes to the point of offensive PI.

Now, dont get me wrong, I dont pretend that we've had a group for years like the ones that Kafka and Persa threw to, but we just cant tell for sure about our recent groups. That extra half second afforded by Persa's escapability and his accuracy might have been enough to make Nagle an All American and BigBen All B1G.

Perhaps we find out next year. People are foaming at the mouth about the new guys but I also like the returnees. Ben, McGowan, Lees RCB poised for big things. And I cant believe Cam Green has another year left.

Gotta admit, it’s a great handle.

The handle is so good that inquiring minds want to know who Ignore was before? Is there now a Turk, Wickerpark, Ignore trifecta?

Or do we now have a winner in the xyzbob renaming challenge?

Reactions: nickcat4

I have to say, you have chosen the best board name, EVER!

Great - guess that means no drinks on IGNORE Airlines since attendant call button will be disabled. On the bright side, no annoying "Buh bye" when exiting......

I watched it. Very well done. Kept thinking about Glades......

FredaCat and I were on the Tamiami Trail this weekend. We wondered about the name and guessed it linked something to Miami. Now we know.

Last edited:
It's so hard to tell with WRs if the line struggles [and QB lacks mobility]. Ebert was extremely good, what if he didnt have Laser Dan throwing to him and escaping the rush. Carr has really been our only guy (like those that clobber us) where you just throw it up and he out-athletes you to the ball. Prater had a number of huge games doing that as well. BigBen is doing some of it now, sometimes to the point of offensive PI.

Now, dont get me wrong, I dont pretend that we've had a group for years like the ones that Kafka and Persa threw to, but we just cant tell for sure about our recent groups. That extra half second afforded by Persa's escapability and his accuracy might have been enough to make Nagle an All American and BigBen All B1G.

Perhaps we find out next year. People are foaming at the mouth about the new guys but I also like the returnees. Ben, McGowan, Lees RCB poised for big things. And I cant believe Cam Green has another year left.
Lees hasn't learned the position as quick as Ebert, Peterman or Brewer, but he is learning and looks like he belongs now. I was beginning to think, earlier in the season, that he was a complete bust and that we should make room for the younger guys. I imagine he will pick up where Nagel left off at, and that's good. Him, and Green will be solid targets. BigBen isn't any Eric Decker but with an improved QB/OL possibilities he will be a lot more valuable and could be a game changer. The problem with BigBen this year was that CT often didn't have time to throw downfield. Hopefully, Hunter is more pocket savvy. If Good Will Hunter has time, or buys time for downfield throws then BigBen numbers will skyrocket. Is this Brown ever going to play?

Reactions: IGNORE
Did you see the PBS special yesterday on The Everglades?

Yes. Some excellent background history of the Everglades and its neglect up to about the 1950s. I was disappointed that it didn't cover the current problems in the Everglades and south Florida, but that would probably require several more episodes.

What was remarkable to me when I moved there to work was just how little was known about invertebrates in the Everglades and south Florida in general for a State whose insects have been well studied. Many of the most common species there turned out to be new to science, including species that pass through the dry season in a dormant state and then emerge synchronously in huge numbers to serve as food for dispersing fish after rewetting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT