ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Minnesota

We look pretty weak on D. Why can’t we at least get the strength training part right? That doesn’t take 5* talent.

Reactions: drewjin
There’s our complimentary football. Failure to pick up a first down on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 1, then a demoralized D let’s Minny run all day.

• Angry
Three missed tackles by him on just this one drive. I guess we know why he hasn't started or played much.
Exactly what I was going to say. He seems to always be in the right place—and then whiff on the tackle. Even on the big earlier play that led to a TFL, MU made the initial hit but didn’t wrap up, leading to someone else making the tackle.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld skit where George was the bad boy.

We have the bad offense, the bad defense, the bad strength program, the bad special teams, the bad coordinators...the bad head coach!

Reactions: drewjin and TheC
Jeez, we were playing P.J. Spencer at DE the last play of the quarter. I had to look him up. A class of 2019 walk-on.

• Wow
Definitely got separation on that. Just a foot long on the throw. Just maybe if Sullivan had been QB1 earlier and had more time to work timing with the 1s, that’s a TD. Wishful thinking.

There was literally a Mack truck size hole in the middle on that run. Even if Kalialmamis can’t complete a pass, we are going to lose handily if Ibrahim either has a 5 yard wide hole or gets 5 yards after contact pushing our guys back.

Reactions: NUCat320
I’m beginning to thing B1G announcers are contractually obligated to be effusive with praise on all B1G teams. Listening to these guys you’d think we had won 8 straight, not lost.

Hey Fitz, yes, looks like that was a bad pass interference call, but stop crying, and try coaching your team better. Like going for an easy field goal. Among a million other things.

Reactions: ara-era
Starting to look like another "fire everyone" type of game.
Absolutely. They're missing their starting quarterback and we're going to get blown off the field. Worst team in football and going to retain all our coaches probably what a joke

• Angry
Hey Fitz, yes, looks like that was a bad pass interference call, but stop crying, and try coaching your team better. Like going for an easy field goal. Among a million other things.
Also, it’s stupid to wear a winter hat with a pom-pom (did your mom dress you? Are you six years old?), and the kangaroo pouch should be camo like the rest of the sweatshirt. (Is it a hoodie? If it’s a hoodie, no hat at all, dang it.)

Absolutely. They're missing their starting quarterback and we're going to get blown off the field. Worst team in football and going to retain all our coaches probably what a joke
To be clear, their QB doesn’t look draftable, no matter what the sideline reporter said.

Minny can play this one like Miami did the second half, when they realized their backup couldn’t throw.

• Sad
Reactions: FeralFelidae
It's not even entertaining to just watch them run it down our throat play after play.

I didn't make the trip to Minneapolis, so I'm watching this one from the couch today. Per Twitter, it looks like Brendan Sullivan will play and Tanner Morgan won't, as expected. Advantage: Northwestern. Per our @MotownMedilldo, Ted Albrecht reported on WGN that Bryce Gallagher is out, so Mac Uihlein will get the start at linebacker.
Lou, Very smart, prescient move.

Reactions: lou v
How the $?!,$?!, do you get a defensive holding penalty on the goal line??
Also, why was the first defensive holding penalty applied in addition to the result of the play? Shouldn’t it have been either take the penalty or take the result of the play?

Someone please explain to me what about our linebacker play suggests that their position coach should warrant consideration for a promotion? When you see LB after LB make the same mistakes over and over again it’s difficult to attribute these mistakes solely to the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT