ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Minnesota

In
It would be nice if we could protect our qb’s. They are taking a pounding in the pocket. I hope Sullivan is ok, replay showed a hard hit to his helmet both by the player and the ground.

At least we won’t get skunked.
Now Hilinski is out. Looks like a leg injury. Our qb’s are getting creamed in the pocket. Too many of our guys are getting injured.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
Bajakian's offenses have been as pedestrian as JON's defenses the past 2 years.

At some point that is on him as OC.

Yeah I get that he doesn't throw or block or catch, but at the same time, this is his offense; he's been here 3 years and other than that Peyton Ramsey year, we have not had any sort of productive offense.

I've been leaning more and more towards "just clean house this year" lately. I just don't see how Bajakian can improve this offense measurably next year.

Now we're going to see Minny run out the game after that predictable turnover on downs. We know what's coming, but no way to stop them. Miami of Ohio redux.

At least we can lay to rest the notion that our coaches are unable to properly evaluate talent by observing practice performance.

Reactions: phatcat
What the hell is wrong with our tackling? Our players have been arm tackling all year and it hasn't been fixed yet. WTF. On the last Minny TD Metz had a clear shot at the runner but the guy just ran through the arm tackle. It's been that way all year. And all last year too. Hmmm.

• Angry
Blown out 30-3, so far...WHAT could possibly be the downside of letting JON go, with two games left, tomorrow morning? If not, in Fitz's mind, are these games not important, going forward?

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat and drewjin
Studio announcers “Northwestern has a lot of work to do both on offense and defense”
followed by gales of laughter. (Like understating the obvious). Total disrespect as we cruise to another blowout loss with 2 qb’s injured. This game is a disaster. We are not s competitive program even in a mediocre BT West.

Last edited:
If Ibrahim played the whole game, he could've ran for over 300 yards easily.

Firing coordinators is only the first part. Then Fitz would have to hire new ones and I really think he is incapable of doing that.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
You mean like Justin Fields and Joe Burrow?
The transfers we get aren't of Fields or Burrows caliber now are they!!! Johnson was a 5 ⭐ dream, turned nightmare. Ramsey was a good qb, but nothing spectacular as his not finding a NFL home proved. Our best qbs of recent past were recruits. Fitz needs a new innovative OC to get better qbs or more to the point a new system to help make them better as well. The crap going on now is killing the program.

The transfers we get aren't of Fields or Burrows caliber now are they!!! Johnson was a 5 ⭐ dream, turned nightmare. Ramsey was a good qb, but nothing spectacular as his not finding a NFL home proved. Our best qbs of recent past were recruits. Fitz needs a new innovative OC to get better qbs or more to the point a new system to help make them better as well. The crap going on now is killing the program.
Sullivan does show promise, if he can stay healthy.

Reactions: drewjin and MC_Cat
Now playing Declan Carr, the grad transfer from Drake, at LB. Pretty sad that we don’t even have a young guy worth getting some reps.

Or a transfer, experienced starting LB from Pitt. Donde esta Wendell Davis???

Last edited:
Firing coordinators is only the first part. Then Fitz would have to hire new ones and I really think he is incapable of doing that.

And then he is still the head coach, with his not up to date ideas about complimentary football (especially offense). That is my biggest concern for the future.

All our checkdowns are to the left- isn't fakking left ang throwing right permitted?

I noticed that. I wonder why there's always three or four defenders over there waiting for that screen pass?!?!? Gee, I can't figure it out....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT