ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread for NU vs. Wake Forest

Now back to 7. Let’s beat these guys. This is a game we should win

This is our first game against a team composed of clearly faster (even if not necessarily very talented) players than ours. And it’s creating a ton of problems for us on both ends.

This is our first game against a team composed of clearly faster (even if not necessarily very talented) players than ours. And it creates a ton of problems for us on both ends.
I think their speed impacts us mostly when we make dumb choices. They’re capable of punishing us for them. I still think it’s within our power to make it much less of a factor.

Reactions: drewjin
Some of this seems basic. When we move the ball around we score. When we don’t we force bad shots. C’mon folks, learn that lesson!

I think their speed impacts us mostly when we make dumb choices. They’re capable of punishing us for them. I still think it’s within our power to make it much less of a factor.
100%. On offense too. We keep trying to beat them off the drible and they stay in front of our guys. Yet, we don’t go inside more. Even Williams seems to overpower them.

A little worrisome to see Nance at 3-13. It doesn't portend good things for when he's matched up with larger opponents in Big Ten play. Young and even Williams are able to handle the post play much better.

Considering no Audige, and dreadful offense from Nance and Buie both so far, it’s surprising we’re still in this.

A little worrisome to see Nance at 3-13. It doesn't portend good things for when he's matched up with larger opponents in Big Ten play. Young and even Williams are able to handle the post play much better.
ok Nance had a nice bounce-back stretch there, but Boo is just too hot-tempered right now. He's been frustrated all game, and if he doesn't cool down he's going to cost us the game.

Amazing we are in this considering how bad Boo played. How the **** was there no foul there on Williams under the bucket.

It seems like throughout the game, whenever we’ve had a chance to take a lead, there’s a lid on the basket. We literally cannot get points if it would give us a lead. Hope that changes in OT

It seems like throughout the game, whenever we’ve had a chance to take a lead, there’s a lid on the basket. We literally cannot get points if it would give us a lead. Hope that changes in OT
It helps if they call a foul too.

Reactions: zbag51
Honestly, really good play design to get Williams the ball in the post. Just a bummer 1) he couldn't convert and 2) there wasn't a foul called

Should have been called, even on the road, but at least we still have a shot in OT.

Officials were unforgivably slow to respond when Buie called timeout, which was immediately upon gaining possession.

Ok, that was a rough last possession, but it's overtime. Let's see if we can finish with a win.

These refs are really bad. There missing everything on WF.

I don't know if I want to see what NU's field-goal percentage is in the paint tonight. So many missed closed ones.

• Sad
NU has missed a few bunnies & open shots at the end of regulation and in OT. That may cost us the game, but this team looks scrappy and tough.

Getting Audige back should help a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT