ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Penn State at Northwestern

mikefitz77

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2020
The Cats look to get back in the win column at home against the Nittany Lions. Good news for NU: freshman guard Julian Roper II is in uniform and going through warmups after sitting out the loss to Michigan State on Sunday.

The Cats look to get back in the win column at home against the Nittany Lions. Good news for NU: freshman guard Julian Roper II is in uniform and going through warmups after sitting out the loss to Michigan State on Sunday.
About 64 people here 10 minutes prior to tip.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
It looked utterly embarrassing on tv.
The mandatory lockdown of students is so dumb if they’re still going to have these games and have general public come. No band, no students, and our normal fanbase is a recipe for a pathetic stadium.

Reactions: drewjin
I don't like the feel of this game so far. We are 6-12 from 3 and they are 3-12 and we are only up 3.

Reactions: lunker35
Nance dunk try was a chance to change the momentum toward us. How did he miss?

The ball seems to be taking weird caroms. Being outrebounfed 17-10. We have no inside game. I think CC has gone 10 deep. PSU had hands on their wrists at break,

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Rebounding is terrible but on the bright side, zero bad shots so far from our starting guards tonight.

Reactions: ubercat
Rebounding is terrible but on the bright side, zero bad shots so far from our starting guards tonight.
Boo seems generally locked in tonight, which is good. Audige on the other hand is probably just not pushing things too hard because of his back spasms.

I’m trying to keep track of it. I have 1 for Buie, none for Audige.

We’d be up by 10 if we were not being killed on the boards.

Appears CC wants Nance on Harrar as he sat him down as Harrar went to the bench

I’m trying to keep track of it. I have 1 for Buie, none for Audige.

We’d be up by 10 if we were not being killed on the boards.

Appears CC wants Nance on Harrar as he sat him down as Harrar went to the bench
Ok, now Audige has one.

We had 9 points at 17:43 mark. And we end up with only 34. Poor shooting doesn’t help.

Except for MSU, we’ve done very well in the second half. Having a 5 point lead bodes well, especially since we are playing so many guys.

We're counting a decent midrange look from our best one-on-one player as a "bad shot" now?

I thought they both were fine this half. Our defensive rebounding, on the other hand...
By his standards, no it wasn’t a bad shot. I agree both were fine this half, and I’m happy to see it. Any half with one bad choice is fine with me.

Shot selection was a topic after the last game. I was pretty pleased with the shot selection in the first half. Buie threw up a bomb that he fortunately nailed and the freshman #13 forced a shot in the lane...but, other than that, I didn't mind too many of our shots. Gotta make the easy ones, but that's basketball. Defensive rebounding, on the other hand, was a problem. Overall, it's an entertaining game. Both teams playing pretty well.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
Shot selection was a topic after the last game. I was pretty pleased with the shot selection in the first half. Buie threw up a bomb that he fortunately nailed and the freshman #13 forced a shot in the lane...but, other than that, I didn't mind too many of our shots. Gotta make the easy ones, but that's basketball. Defensive rebounding, on the other hand, was a problem. Overall, it's an entertaining game. Both teams playing pretty well.
Along with good shot selection, the fact that we turned it over only twice meant some pretty useful possessions. If we’d rebounded a little better our lead would be a lot bigger.

Reactions: go cats go
Audige is clearly not healthy. He would have taken that fastbreak to the basket instead of pulling up tenderly for a 3. Also a step slow on defense.

I think there was some coaching since last game. The dumb shot meter is low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT