ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: Howard vs. Northwestern

Yes the field goal would have been into the wind. But let the kicker try.

Braun’s decision making on all these 4th down attempts is making me wonder if he’s the long term solution.

Go for it! Even if they stuff us on this fourth down call, they will need a quick score to get back in the ball game…Wait, what!

Sullivan should take himself out if his thumb hurts; which it does.

Howard is dominating us this half. A BIG team should be the stronger team that wears down an FCS opponent, but it's exactly the opposite. This is the weakest, worst conditioned team. It's pathetic!

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin and RevCat
Braun may be a good guy but NU needs to clean house and start over. It will probably take at least 5 years to get back to competitiveness, but it's the only way.

Minnesota 2nd half.
Come on, you know better. We were getting smoked at home by one of the worst teams in the Big Ten and our QB got streaky hot to pull out a miracle win. That was a fluke. I was more impressed by how our defense line played at PSU last week but then today happens. This is not a good team by any stretch of the imagination.

Come on, you know better. We were getting smoked at home by one of the worst teams in the Big Ten and our QB got streaky hot to pull out a miracle win. That was a fluke. I was more impressed by how our defense line played at PSU last week but then today happens. This is not a good team by any stretch of the imagination.
Tough to be a good team coming off four wins in two years.

Reactions: drewjin
Braun may be a good guy but NU needs to clean house and start over. It will probably take at least 5 years to get back to competitiveness, but it's the only way.
Unfortunately, you are correct. Braun isn't the man to bring this program back to what it was. Gary Barnett was a very good coach with a solid reputation at the D1 level and he proved it with what he did with NU. A FCS coach isn't going to cut the mustard it seems. You need a Barnett/Walker type to get the ball rolling again. A solid coach that is innovative would be ideal.

Reactions: TheC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT