ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Miami (Ohio)

I would have preferred a dominant fourth quarter over a little nail-biting time.

But still, great to get a win. The defense won’t miss a beat with the loss of Gallagher. Mike Wright has potential to be a true dual threat — designed runs and deep passes. Covey looked pretty nice. Porter looked back, explosive like he looked as a freshman.

Really really happy to win. No style points and NU covered.

Effff Duke.

First game of the season, against Miami O.? I'll take it. It appears we have begun to move on from latter-day Fitzball. Wright can pass (most of the time), and he certainly can run. RB's look good, O-line has improved, D line and LB look tough. Pass defense looks suspect, but then 2 intercepts which won the game. I see 7 wins.

Good D. O will improve. Hope Coco not seriously injured
He got hopped off on his own power, so hopefully minor.

The better team won this game. Mistakes limited our scoring, but Miami is good,and they did not score a touchdown. I'll take it!

Agreed, we looked like the better team pretty much the entire game; yes other than some minor miscues we looked around 2 TDs better than Miami throughout.

Was a very encouraging start to the year, especially since I think Miami will be a top MAC team.

Good to see this type of game against a very experienced opponent.

Noticed that both quarterbacks had similar stats. Something like 15 to 5 well into the game. It seemed like all of Wright's misses were deep balls so that is as expected since short passes were his strength from pregame reporting. Hopefully with Henning and the other strong receivers we will see improvement in the long pass completions as the season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT