ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Miami (Ohio)

Mike Wright’s accuracy looks like that of a guy who has struggled to keep a starting job while flashing a lot of ability

✅✅✅

…if only his first throw hadn’t been so on the money. A few early underthrows would have been better for setting expectations. 🤣

Go Cats Go Cats Go!

I reiterate that NU looks like the more talented team here, but against a very experienced and sharp team they’re not so much more talented that they can be sloppy.

We are clearly beating ourselves. Miamis only drive came because two DBs covered the same guy on 3rd and long. And then all the screw ups on offense.

Reactions: NUCat320
That's a bad snap and two botched snaps in the first half. Someone has to be accountable. Better fix the problem. Because that's brutal.

Reactions: TerraCat
We should be comfortably ahead. If the center can't snap the ball he needs to be replaced

Pretty discouraging score but the D is doing well and the O would be doing fine without the snap issues.

Snapping the ball seems to be an important part of the Center job. Find someone who can do it. If the QB is the problem, go with Lausch.

Reactions: DrillCat
138 yards, 9 first downs for NU.
112 yards, 7 first downs for Miami.

Miami is <2 yards per carry while NU is >4. Wright’s first carry was 20 yards, but he lost six yards on his other three carries.

3 sacks for NU. Defense looks great.

I feel good that NU will win, but I’d rather be up 10-3. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: eddie_gocats
Snapping the ball seems to be an important part of the Center job. Find someone who can do it. If the QB is the problem, go with Lausch.
Agree. Unacceptable incompetence at this level.

We are lucky we have Saka/Soares otherwise it would probably be 6-3 in favor of Miami(OH).

Miami is a good test. They are solid and their QB is as good as most in the BIG. But we are the better looking team. Just shooting ourselves in the foot.

Reactions: NUCat320
I think the center was at fault for the first fumble. His timing was off.

A qb sneak is a tough play for a center, when you hardly ever direct snaps. My first thought when Porter was tripped up inside the one was whether NU would run a traditional sneak, or one of those shorter-than-the-pistol sneaks.

Was Herzog the center? I don’t know OL names because I’m a bad fan. (Though scanning the roster, I learned that lil’ Uihlein is a walk-on OL.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT