ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Penn State

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (11-3, 2-1 Big Ten) is on the road this evening at Penn State (8-7, 2-2 Big Ten). The game tips off at 5:30 and will be broadcast on BTN.

Penn State already seems a lot better than Michigan State. Thankfully a couple of triples have kept NU in it to weather this first storm.

Was that tech for coming too far out on the floor? Because Collins has been ridiculous tonight (more than usual).

Team in need of a serious adrenaline shot. Gotta show some nasty. Technical probably had something to do with trying to swing who’s more aggressive (though the call on Buie was ridiculous). So far PSU fully deserves to be ahead.

Reactions: drewjin
They seem much more athletic than we are. I've watched Minnesota and Nebraska play as well. It's going to be quite hard I think to win 10 games and a Big Ten.

Team in need of a serious adrenaline shot. Gotta show some nasty. Technical probably had something to do with trying to swing who’s more aggressive (though the call on Buie was ridiculous). So far PSU fully deserves to be ahead.
We’re playing hard, just a few too many turnovers, Penn State shooting 14 of 17 from inside the arc, and the refs not calling some hacks on our drives has us down 8.

We need Boo bringing the ball up or at least getting the ball quickly when we break half court. We must have had a strategy to have others take it up the court, but with all the turnovers I would suggest it isn’t working. Much better when Boo has it early…

Barnhizer is filling the boxscore tonight, but unfortunately that includes the turnover column. Watch the guy behind you!

• Sad
This isn't a Lanborg night. I would sit him. You have the 8 min and 4 min tv time outs to rest the players.

These guys have gotten more turnovers on us by hustling from behind the play and knocking the ball away…man…

Good grief, I got sucked into a hours long meeting and am late to the party.

"Boo needs these free throws like a hog needs slop."

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT