ADVERTISEMENT

GOOD Article from the Wisconsin Side about Sat's Game

Excellent read. Thanks. Especially liked the respect shown VanHoose and Harris:

"The Wildcats have the luxury of two exceptional cornerbacks in Nick VanHoose and Matthew Harris, perhaps the best duo of man-to-man coverage skills in the Big Ten Conference. If other UW pass-catchers outside of Erickson don’t step up Saturday, the Badgers could be in for a tough day offensively.

VanHoose, a senior, has received more recognition between the two, earning second-team All-Big Ten honors last season. His Pro Football Focus pass coverage grade of +17.3 ranks second in the nation, only behind Michigan’s Jourdan Lewis.

From the film I’ve watched, though, Harris doesn’t look any less impressive. His PFF pass coverage grade (+8.3) ranks 20th in the country, and he defends the deep ball about as well as you possibly can."

Our CBs are finally getting some credit. Stanford fans would probably try to pass them off as early morning types.

Reactions: kreggk
I had no idea what the PFFF score was before seeing this, but it's pretty cool that NVH is #2 in the country - and Harris also in the top 20. I wonder what McManis scored.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT