ADVERTISEMENT

Haskins declares for NFL draft.

SciCat

Mar 7, 2005
With the Fields family hiring a lawyer who specialzes in NCAA transfers, what are the odds he doesn’t start next year?

Best of luck to Mr Haskins, but the NCAA is an embarrassment.

With the Fields family hiring a lawyer who specialzes in NCAA transfers, what are the odds he doesn’t start next year?

Best of luck to Mr Haskins, but the NCAA is an embarrassment.
Haskins may have publicly declared today, but I'm sure Fields was privy to Haskins' decision before he made his. I don't see a problem with it.

Haskins may have publicly declared today, but I'm sure Fields was privy to Haskins' decision before he made his. I don't see a problem with it.
Haskins would have needed his head examined if he didn’t go pro after that season. Outside of the Purdue game he was incredible. He should be a top 10 pick and may replace Manning with the New York Giants if they can get him. Imagine an offense with him, Barkley, and OBJ... ouch.

Fields not having to sit out a year is a joke if it happens. The NCAA sucks, I’m glad our program’s stayed above their fray.

No doubt. I think the the embarrassment is the NCAA's likely granting immediate eligibility to Fields.

Reactions: CatFanEd
Thank goodness Dwayne Haskins, JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones, and Terrelle Pryor are finally gone so we don't have to worry about facing a ridiculously talented QB from OSU.
Add Troy Smith to the list as well. Fairly recent Heisman winner.

But I do if he is granted immediate eligibility

Reactions: Bwm57
Haskins would have needed his head examined if he didn’t go pro after that season. Outside of the Purdue game he was incredible. He should be a top 10 pick and may replace Manning with the New York Giants if they can get him. Imagine an offense with him, Barkley, and OBJ... ouch.

Fields not having to sit out a year is a joke if it happens. The NCAA sucks, I’m glad our program’s stayed above their fray.

And the Purdue game he threw for 470 yards and 2 TD's... We should all play so bad...

Reactions: drewjin
I believe I read somewhere that there is a shortage of stevedores, so that should work out well.

Would Fields be a lock to beat out Tate Martell, a former five star who's been waiting his turn at OSU?

Hopefully the best QB gets the nod whether it’s Martell, Fields, or Baldwin. No player should ever feel, “I’m next because I’ve been waiting my turn.”

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Would Fields be a lock to beat out Tate Martell, a former five star who's been waiting his turn at OSU?
So either way the next guy up is very talented. It is a waste of outrage to care. The out rage should be that the top five to ten teams have such an advantage.

Hopefully the best QB gets the nod whether it’s Martell, Fields, or Baldwin. No player should ever feel, “I’m next because I’ve been waiting my turn.”
I agree, but I'm also questioning the assumption here that Fields would step into the starter role from day 1. Do Buckeye fans want him to play in 2019? What's the scoop on Martell from those who have seen him in practice and game action?

I agree, but I'm also questioning the assumption here that Fields would step into the starter role from day 1. Do Buckeye fans want him to play in 2019? What's the scoop on Martell from those who have seen him in practice and game action?

We've had limited exposure but from what we know or think based in his high school accolades and those who have seen him in practice.... He was a 4-5 Star depending on the service, Gatorade Player of the Year and 2nd ranked dual threat QB coming out of college. He's a very good runner, fast enough, but more quick. Very good passing arm but no the same level as Haskins. Biggest question is seize. He's listed 5'10" to 5'11", and many say that's gernerous. He's solid physically but not as solid as Barrett, so injuries would be a concern.

The assumption is that he would be a read option QB which first within Urban Meyer's offense, but probably not perfectly with Day's. Extremely successful in high school, never losing a game and I believe the number one ranked team in the country, playing a national schedule. How much is that because of Martell vs who he had on his team?

He seems well liked by his teammates. I don't think he will like it I feel he gets passed up by Fields in the depth chart, but I don't know if that would motivate him to work more, transfer, or be divisive in the team.

My thought, I don't care who wins the starting spot, as long as it is the best player for the team. Of course that's easy for me to say, I'm just a fan.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Martell was going to be in a battle with Baldwin next year anyway. Adding Fields will just make his job of securing the starting spot harder. All are very talented guys. let the best man win.

I wonder if he'll look at Michigan. Patterson is gone after this year, and Harbaugh has shown that he'll play transfers (Rudoch, O'Korn, Patterson) over his own recruits.

If Martell ended up starting and staring at Michigan, that would certainly be another pump of energy into the rivalry. I don’t want to root against Martell, so I’m hoping he finds a program that is a good fit for him and he ends up succeeding, but if he goes to Michigan, that would be a different story.

Reactions: PURPLECAT88
If Martell ended up starting and staring at Michigan, that would certainly be another pump of energy into the rivalry. I don’t want to root against Martell, so I’m hoping he finds a program that is a good fit for him and he ends up succeeding, but if he goes to Michigan, that would be a different story.

West Virginia, Miami, or Louisville seems to be of interest. He could possibly play for 2 years if he stays as a Graduate Student.

Interesting that Jalen Hurts was at Maryland - that would be an interesting fit as well.

Following up if Martell did go to Michigan or Penn State - that would make those games against OSU very interesting... Good soap opera story lines building up. However, I don't see those taking shape... But it is an interesting conversation.

West Virginia, Miami, or Louisville seems to be of interest. He could possibly play for 2 years if he stays as a Graduate Student.

Interesting that Jalen Hurts was at Maryland - that would be an interesting fit as well.

Following up if Martell did go to Michigan or Penn State - that would make those games against OSU very interesting... Good soap opera story lines building up. However, I don't see those taking shape... But it is an interesting conversation.

I think Hurts will follow Dan Enos to Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT