ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Bowl First-Half Thread

McCall's play-calling is totally predictable, and is the kind of thing that got McCoy (again) and DeFilippo fired.

Reactions: scru
Worst bowl performance I have seen in Fitzgeralds tenure. This isnt a situation where the other team has far more talent.

What happened to us? Ok the secondary is really thin but our OL is doing nothing, our DL is getting no pressure and we just look completely lost.

It’s really been since the Ioa game to be honest. We covered very poorly against Minny and gave up a ton of passing yards against Illinois. We just won those games because we outplayed the competition. Then we got smoked by OSU’s passing game, totally smoked.

And now we’re getting totally blown off both sides of the ball. We look horrendous, unprepared and outmanned.

Worst bowl performance I have seen in Fitzgeralds tenure. This isnt a situation where the other team has far more talent.
Hey, they had a really nice tour of an aircraft carrier. Maybe even went to Sea World. Are you not entertained?

Reactions: Fitz51
I know running the ball has been big for us in the second of the year AND we have our top 2 WR’s out with injuries, but if we have any chance, it’s going to have to be through the air. Reminds me a lot of MSU game with how little running success we are having. Utah can play some run defense.

I know Fitz has to do it to keep up the defense's morale, but it's not a good look to fist pump after holding Utah to a made FG. Especially after uninventive playcalling cost NU a shot at a TD in the previous drive.

Yes it is. They are more athletic and better at just about every position. Even their kicker is an All-American for crying out loud. This is a good Utah team playing without three of their best players. Now, we are totally depleted, so that doesn't help matters. But they are better than us. We need to recruit more athletes and less student body presidents if we want to play top 20 style football.

McCall's play-calling is totally predictable, and is the kind of thing that got McCoy (again) and DeFilippo fired.
McCall wont be fired. If Fitz takes the opportunity in GB, thats the only way McCall is exercised. I doubt anyone picks him up, maybe Cushing.

Yikes, Utah definitely came to play. I wonder if they went to Sea World?

McCall wont be fired. If Fitz takes the opportunity in GB, thats the only way McCall is exercised. I doubt anyone picks him up, maybe Cushing.
They’ve missed like 10 clear holding calls, on top of this game being god awful.

Corbi, serious question. What are you seeing in this game that gives you any sort of optimism that we will turn things around tonight. I’ve played a lot of football in my day and just don’t see what you apparently are.

Utah’s QB is a reminder of how important it is to have a true dual threat QB in the modern spread offenses. here’s hoping that Hunter brings that element back to our offense. We haven’t had it since the days of Colter.

I know Fitz has to do it to keep up the defense's morale, but it's not a good look to fist pump after holding Utah to a made FG. Especially after uninventive playcalling cost NU a shot at a TD in the previous drive.

Our defense is literally designed to prevent TDs. A FG in that situation is a win as long as the offense can do its job.

No but who call's Chad Hanaoka number on 3 and 9 ???
You know they ran that several times this year successfully.....Iowa, Minny and Illinois come to mind.
Guess the McGee at linebacker experiment is over or did he get hurt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT