ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Smokes

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
Did not see that one coming. Awful in every single aspect. Only hope is that we can come back against a struggling BG next week, then get healthy during the bye. Conference play suddenly looks a lot more formidable.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Did not see that one coming. Awful in every single aspect. Only hope is that we can come back against a struggling BG next week, then get healthy during the bye. Conference play suddenly looks a lot more formidable.

The two constants for Northwestern football over the past several seasons are the following:

1) The same coaching staff
2) Underachieving, particularly early in the season and on the OL

At what point does someone put these two things together and realize something needs to change?

**End Rant**

GCG, I admire how much you care about the program and how you're not willing to overrreact to one game, even though you're passionate. So, my question to you, is after these two weeks, how has your outlook for the season changed, if at all?

The two constants for Northwestern football over the past several seasons are the following:

1) The same coaching staff
2) Underachieving, particularly early in the season and on the OL

At what point does someone put these two things together and realize something needs to change?

**End Rant**

GCG, I admire how much you care about the program and how you're not willing to overrreact to one game, even though you're passionate. So, my question to you, is after these two weeks, how has your outlook for the season changed, if at all?

Hard to be terribly optimistic today. Completely out-classed by a team I thought we could handle comfortably. If grasping at straws, there will be up's and down's for a team with young guys at critical positions (like the OL)... but that doesn't explain Thorson's inaccuracy, our pass receivers being manhandled by Duke's secondary, and general lack of both urgency and health on defense.

Reactions: 2388bb
Hard to be terribly optimistic today. Completely out-classed by a team I thought we could handle comfortably. If grasping at straws, there will be up's and down's for a team with young guys at critical positions (like the OL)... but that doesn't explain Thorson's inaccuracy, our pass receivers being manhandled by Duke's secondary, and general lack of both urgency and health on defense.

Maybe a good old fashioned ass whipping is what the doctor ordered. Hard to feel that way now, but if you can't get the players and coaches attention now, you never will be able to.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
We punted very, very well

Maybe a good old fashioned ass whipping is what the doctor ordered. Hard to feel that way now, but if you can't get the players and coaches attention now, you never will be able to.
Agree. I saw a team that looked completely disinterested and that is unacceptable. Whether right or not that falls on Fitz. Time for him to come down on them in a real hard way. No school yet so I would make this week really uncomfortable for them and I would also make it very uncomfortable for the assistants.

I thought after Illinois State last year we wouldn't see this type of disappointing performance again so soon.

Did not see that one coming.

Of course you didn't. You thought last week's disaster was all about scheme. That it was a fluke. That it was a one-off. Please stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Please. It's painfully clear you haven't a clue. Feel free, though, to sugar coat everything for us all again, and again, and again.

Last edited:
Of course you didn't. You thought last week's disaster was all about scheme. That it was a fluke. That it was a one-off. Please stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Please. It's painfully clear you haven't a clue. Feel free, though, to sugar coat everything for us all again, and again, and again.

No need to take a personal shot at one of our more intelligent posters. You can change your handle but you can't change your "spots".

Where did I sugar coat anything? I thought we looked like garbage in the first half of Nevada, but a much better team in the second half. The young guys settled in a bit and the ball was moving. I thought the second half team was more like the team we could/should be... then the entire program shat the bed in a giant way in Durham and I'm not sure what to expect anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT