ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Question for ND Fans

And just how well have you done in terms of accomplishing your goals? What has all this incredible national-level recruiting gotten you?

As best as I can tell, the answer is nothing. Well, nothing but laughingstock and hypocrite status for all the nonsense and arrogance your fans spew in total denial of the reality that you haven’t won a damn thing in 30 years!

You haven’t won a national title since 1988 and you haven’t beaten Northwestern since 1994.

In fact, the last time you beat Northwestern, Monica Lewinski wasn’t even a White House intern yet! That’s how long it’s been.

Get real. All your recruiting has gotten you nothing. Other than embarrassment for the academic cheating, the prop 48s, the vacated wins, the rape scandal, Lizzy Seeberg’s death. Need I go on?

And for what? Total, epic failure at everything you claim to stand for and zero titles since the year the Reagan Era ended (and you needed to resort to admitting Prop 48s just to get that one).

Pathetic.
What an absolute joke of a post. You should be embarrassed.

Only if their posts are so stupid (and aggressive despite no provocation) that its safe to assume that someone with a brain would only write after several hours at a bar.

No provocation? Your condescension from your very first sentence oozed from your fingertips through the internet to all of us. ND has a higher goal than us. That’s where you started. And that’s what you still believe.

Here’s the truth - you get all that talent and you’ve got nothing to show for for 30 years. Nothing but the negatives that go along with slippery programs that cheat, admit Prop 48s and violent criminals.

And you have the gall to talk about your higher standards? LOL.

Reactions: EvanstonCat
No provocation? Your condescension from your very first sentence oozed from your fingertips through the internet to all of us. ND has a higher goal than us. That’s where you started. And that’s what you still believe.

Here’s the truth - you get all that talent and you’ve got nothing to show for for 30 years. Nothing but the negatives that go along with slippery programs that cheat, admit Prop 48s and violent criminals.

And you have the gall to talk about your higher standards? LOL.

Who was the last prop 48 admit or violent criminal ND admitted?

Who was the last prop 48 admit or violent criminal ND admitted?

I guess you don’t consider rape violent, then...

And as th Prop 48s, the fact that you even considered it in the first place is the ridiculous part.

I love the fact that you’re hanging your hat publicly on “convicted”. Just love it. Please keep posting.

Charged then??

Certainly the absolute fact that you're claiming at least rose to meet the standard of "Probable Cause"....right?

You wouldn't just traffic baseless rumor mongering, simply due to your obvious inferiority complex....would you??

Who then end up at a school who uses only the NCAA minimums (like Ohio State and Michigan).

Point of clarification...Michigan's admission standards for athletes are significantly higher than NCAA minimums and they've had to back off from plenty of top recruits over the years that were eligible elsewhere but didn't meet admission requirements. Equating Michigan and Ohio State in terms of academic requirements is about the same as comparing Notre Dame with Florida State.

Point of clarification...Michigan's admission standards for athletes are significantly higher than NCAA minimums and they've had to back off from plenty of top recruits over the years that were eligible elsewhere but didn't meet admission requirements. Equating Michigan and Ohio State in terms of academic requirements is about the same as comparing Notre Dame with Florida State.
HospitableThinDunlin-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: FriedmanIP
GOUNUII is Bill Swarbrick, Jack’s brother.

“Ok, bro, here’s how Dr. Jim would handle that.”

Reactions: StreamCat
I guess you don’t consider rape violent, then...

And as th Prop 48s, the fact that you even considered it in the first place is the ridiculous part.

A couple things:

1) you keep moving the goal posts. First you said ND admitted them. Now you are saying “considered it.” Pick a lane.

2) You said ND admitted violent criminals. So that would mean they committed the crime before ND, thus ND admitted a violent criminal. Every school in the country has admitted (and graduated) a kid who went on to commit a crime. Big difference from admitting them if they already committed said crime.

3) No player was ever even charged with a crime. Do you realize how easy it is to get a probable cause warrant, especially for sexual crimes? The fact that local, stats & feds never even filed for a probable cause warrant tells you all you need to know. But I will help you with why. The “witnesses” all told different stories. Then they admitted they actually never witnessed anything, they were just told the story by the accusing witness. Funny enough, the story the accusing witness told the other “witnesses” was different from her own story she reported. Her story then did not match up with basic timelines or facts.
Now, the media jumped all over it because of the suicide. What the media didn’t report was that she suffered from diagnosed mental conditions & clinical depression & was suicidal beforehand & heavy medicated. They also reported she killed herself because of the assault not being taken seriously. She actually committed suicide the day after she reported it, so how could she even know how serious it was being when when she committed suicide? Local police, aided by state police, investigated. Then feds came in under Title lX & investigated. Even they couldn’t find anything, which is crazy because Title lX gives a lot of leeway for charges.

But hey, you hate ND football, so why not accuse an innocent person of rape without knowing the facts? Seems normal?

Reactions: FriedmanIP
Well only one of us has sat on the admissions committee. But then again you apparently know how to post a GIF so maybe I’m just confused.

Question then?

About a decade ago (2005-2008) two documented things happened at Michigan.

1) Professors in the Kinesiology department reported that over half of all slots in their program were held for incoming athletes. And also the minimum GPA requirement was 2.8 in said program, but was lowered to 2.3 for athletes.

2) The NAACP sent investigators to Michigan because the graduation rate among African-American football players was around 35%.

Another sidenote was that the disparity between African-American football players & the general student population was one of the largest in the entire country.

Michigan is a very accomplished university, especially at the graduate level. But two things were found, which is the standards were much lower for football players & they were not going to graduate programs, let alone degree-seeking programs in undergrad.

Can you talk a little about that since you were in the admissions office?

A couple things:

1) you keep moving the goal posts. First you said ND admitted them. Now you are saying “considered it.” Pick a lane.

2) You said ND admitted violent criminals. So that would mean they committed the crime before ND, thus ND admitted a violent criminal. Every school in the country has admitted (and graduated) a kid who went on to commit a crime. Big difference from admitting them if they already committed said crime.

3) No player was ever even charged with a crime. Do you realize how easy it is to get a probable cause warrant, especially for sexual crimes? The fact that local, stats & feds never even filed for a probable cause warrant tells you all you need to know. But I will help you with why. The “witnesses” all told different stories. Then they admitted they actually never witnessed anything, they were just told the story by the accusing witness. Funny enough, the story the accusing witness told the other “witnesses” was different from her own story she reported. Her story then did not match up with basic timelines or facts.
Now, the media jumped all over it because of the suicide. What the media didn’t report was that she suffered from diagnosed mental conditions & clinical depression & was suicidal beforehand & heavy medicated. They also reported she killed herself because of the assault not being taken seriously. She actually committed suicide the day after she reported it, so how could she even know how serious it was being when when she committed suicide? Local police, aided by state police, investigated. Then feds came in under Title lX & investigated. Even they couldn’t find anything, which is crazy because Title lX gives a lot of leeway for charges.

But hey, you hate ND football, so why not accuse an innocent person of rape without knowing the facts? Seems normal?

Wow. You sound just like the Ped State fans a few years ago. Congratulations. I didn’t know you could sink this low. But you pulled it off.

As to your points (and frankly I feel sad for you that you posted this level of stupid...but you did... so all I can do is respond to your incredibly poor logic):

1. First you consider things. Then you do them. There is no inconsistency between being surprised that you’d consider something, let alone do it. The fact that you even considered admitting Prop 48s was bad enough. Admitting them was worse.

2. You admitted violent criminals. I didn’t say they were violent criminals before you admitted them. So you’re arguing against something I never said. If your best argument is that “they didn’t do anything until after they got here”, well, that’s just pathetic. As if crimes committed before they got to ND are somehow different and worse than those committed while at ND. Like I said, you sound like Ped State or SEC fans.

3. Back to “never charged”, huh? I repeat what I said about Ped State and SEC fans.

Actually, I take back what I said about Ped State fans. At least a few of them were appalled by what was going on. Not so with you. You’re frankly even worse in terms of denial than the Ped State fans. Never thought that would be possible.

Last edited:
Question then?

About a decade ago (2005-2008) two documented things happened at Michigan.

1) Professors in the Kinesiology department reported that over half of all slots in their program were held for incoming athletes. And also the minimum GPA requirement was 2.8 in said program, but was lowered to 2.3 for athletes.

2) The NAACP sent investigators to Michigan because the graduation rate among African-American football players was around 35%.

Another sidenote was that the disparity between African-American football players & the general student population was one of the largest in the entire country.

Michigan is a very accomplished university, especially at the graduate level. But two things were found, which is the standards were much lower for football players & they were not going to graduate programs, let alone degree-seeking programs in undergrad.

Can you talk a little about that since you were in the admissions office?

I don’t think you realize that by comparing your standards to those of Michigan, you lost the argument before you even finished your first sentence.

Wow. You would just like the Ped State fans a few years ago. Congratulations. I didn’t know you could sink this low. But you pulled it off.

As to your points (and frankly I feel sad for you that you posted this level of stupid...but you did... so all I can do is respond to your incredibly poor logic):

1. First you consider things. Then you do them. There is no inconsistency between being surprised that you’d consider something, let alone do it. The fact that you even considered admitting Prop 48s was bad enough. Admitting them was worse.

2. You admitted violent criminals. I didn’t say they were violent criminals before you admitted them. So you’re arguing against something I never said. If your best argument is that “they didn’t do anything until after they got here”, well, that’s just pathetic. As if crimes committed before they got to ND are somehow different and worse than those committed while at ND. Like I said, you sound like Ped State or SEC fans.

3. Back to “never charged”, huh? I repeat what I said about Ped State and SEC fans.

Actually, I take back what I said about Ped State fans. At least a few of them were appalled by what was going on. Not so with you. You’re frankly even worse in terms of denial than the Ped State fans. Never thought that would be possible.

No.
I just know the facts of the case.
You obviously don’t & are pathetic.

Can you please explain to me how the accusing witness told multiple stories & none of them match video surveillance or eye witness accounts?

But you want an innocent person to go to jail?
You are a loser.

There are no links to personal relationships with people who are in the know. And ND will never make public the truth. So asking for something that doesn’t exist is just part of your desperate clinging to a fiction. You can choose to believe whatever you want. But as I knew would be the case your entire claim to reliably know anything is a lie.

GOUNUII

I’m actually pretty happy I called this fraud out on his condescension, but I’m even happier you called him out on his total lies and zombie-like recitations of the ND party line about their standards. Just like Duke basketball. There basically are none.

Here’s the part neither of these two bozos gets. They think we hate ND.

But the truth is that they’re irrelevant.

They haven’t beaten us in 24 years. They haven’t won a title in 30. They’ve averaged more than 4 losses per year since we beat them in 95. That’s hardly the powerhouse they try to con themselves into thinking they are.

They’re basically just a cult at this point. Totally not noticed — unless they do something stupid. Which is the only time anybody notices them these days.

Last edited:
I have lost whatever respect I had for Northwestern after reading this. I expected it when we played Miami. I expected it when we played SEC schools. Hell, I wasn't surprised when I saw what VaTech fans were saying even though I didn't expect it. But for Northwestern to be worse than Michigan or USC really surprised me.

I have lost whatever respect I had for Northwestern after reading this. I expected it when we played Miami. I expected it when we played SEC schools. Hell, I wasn't surprised when I saw what VaTech fans were saying even though I didn't expect it. But for Northwestern to be worse than Michigan or USC really surprised me.
We did it fam!!

Why does it surprise you? An attempt to have polite discourse why you are going to win? Why you have comparable challenges to admission as NU? Why being in the big ten would have actually hurt your brand because you march around the country playing marquee teams everywhere and have your own tv deal? No fans should go on the other message board for that team and stink up the joint - then be offended when things get awkward.

Candidly, I cared more when the season started but if I had to choose beating ND or winning the west and playing in The Big Ten championship? I would pick the trip to Indy. The last time we played ND we won and i was there. This game ND is actually totally irrelevant. It’s irrelevant to us as a team and the big ten as a league - and any league for that matter.

The hard truth is that if you lose a single game you aren’t going to the CFP because other than Michigan you won’t have beaten anyone else.

The really hard truth is that even if you win out - like LSU - you will likely be jumped by a one loss team.

Post on here all you want. Shout as loud as you can. ****, try to run up the score but know the truth.

Here’s the part neither of these two bozos gets. They think we hate ND.

But the truth is that they’re irrelevant.

They haven’t beaten us in 24 years. They haven’t won a title in 30. They’ve averaged more than 4 losses per year since we beat them in 95. That’s hardly the powerhouse they try to con themselves into thinking they are.

They’re basically just a cult at this point. Totally not noticed — unless they do something stupid. Which is the only time anybody notices them these days.

You’re inferiority complex couldn’t be any more obvious.

I’m honestly embarrassed for you.

Why does it surprise you? An attempt to have polite discourse why you are going to win? Why you have comparable challenges to admission as NU? Why being in the big ten would have actually hurt your brand because you march around the country playing marquee teams everywhere and have your own tv deal? No fans should go on the other message board for that team and stink up the joint - then be offended when things get awkward.

Candidly, I cared more when the season started but if I had to choose beating ND or winning the west and playing in The Big Ten championship? I would pick the trip to Indy. The last time we played ND we won and i was there. This game ND is actually totally irrelevant. It’s irrelevant to us as a team and the big ten as a league - and any league for that matter.

The hard truth is that if you lose a single game you aren’t going to the CFP because other than Michigan you won’t have beaten anyone else.

The really hard truth is that even if you win out - like LSU - you will likely be jumped by a one loss team.

Post on here all you want. Shout as loud as you can. ****, try to run up the score but know the truth.

Wrong.

Try again.

But try harder.

Do you ever wish you were in a football conference? I mean, I know in years like this when you're a contender to win it all it's probably not a big deal, and you possibly revel in how special you are as the year-in and year-out elite independent, but it's also fun to be part of a conference race, to have the same rivals every year and watch other games that have an impact on your season.

NU fans are going to be watching Purdue-Iowa this Saturday with a huge amount at stake for the Wildcats. ND doesn't really get to experience that. That's a really fun part of being a football fan.

If you want the thread back on track, I am an alum of both ND and NU (also younger, to the earlier person’s point).

It’s almost inconceivable to ND fans that pay attention to the football program that it’d be confined to a conference. It goes to the very core of the identity of the fan base in a way that’s difficult to convey - kind of like how Alabama football has been a point of pride for the entire state in a small poor Southern state perceived as backwards for a hundred years.

I don’t know how much you know about the history of the Big Ten and ND, but the Big Ten’s black balling (largely led by Michigan) of ND was the best thing that ever happened to the program. It forceably established the identity of the program as a national program and is still fundamental to how the program views the world.

Conference titles are great, but it’s not the end-all, be-all for me or many fans. Interesting and national schedules, great rivalries (with SC and Navy and to a lesser extent Stanford), memorable games and series (Miami, FSU, and so forth), etc., etc. are just as important. It’s just not in the DNA of the fan base to care about conference regalia.

The relatively new playoff structure actually helps ND in this regard. ND has been in contention pretty deep into the season for three of the five years, and that’s even after a loss. It maintains fan interest and still enforces that ND has something for which to play.

Last edited:
Only if their posts are so stupid (and aggressive despite no provocation) that its safe to assume that someone with a brain would only write after several hours at a bar.
Relax, my friend. I understand the urge you have to defend your alma
If you want the thread back on track, I am alum of both ND and NU (also younger, to the earlier person’s point).

It’s almost inconceivable to ND fans that pay attention to the football program that it’d be confined to a conference. It goes to the very core of the identity of the fan base in a way that’s difficult to convey - kind of like how Alabama football has been a point of pride for the entire state in a small poor Southern state perceived as backwards for a hundred years.

I don’t know how much you know about the history of the Big Ten and ND, but the Big Ten’s black balling (largely led by Michigan) of ND was the best thing that ever happened to the program. It forceably established the identity of the program as a national program and is still fundamental to how the program views the world.

Conference titles are great, but it’s not the end-all, be-all for me or many fans. Interesting and national schedules, great rivalries (with SC and Navy and to a lesser extent Stanford), memorable games and series (Miami, FSU, and so forth), etc., etc. are just as important. It’s just not in the DNA of the fan base to care about conference regalia.

The relatively new playoff structure actually helps ND in this regard. ND has been in contention pretty deep into the season for three of the five years, and that’s even after a loss. It maintains fan interest and still enforces that ND has something for which to play.
Good post. Thanks for bringing this back to sanity.

I balked for years against the present playoff system. I loved the old bowl system. Now that we have the playoffs, I find I kind of like it. Though many of my objections came to pass, I still like it. I didn't realize what it would be like to have it.

In the same way, ND fans have no idea what it is like to be in a conference so they really don't know if they would like it better. I contend many, even most, would. My ND son is also a big Northwestern fan which is why he is more willing to see my argument for a conference. He understands the advantages because he's invested in a team in a conference. He kind of likes it.

On a side note, you're the first ND fan I have heard refer to Stanford as a rival. Hmmmm... I think ND could dump them with litttle pain.

And yes, I know all about Fielding Yost at Michigan. I love history and it's an interesting story, but he was a jerk from years ago. Just think how much fun it would be hammering Michigan every year in the Big 10. That would teach the ghost of Fielding.:)

You’re inferiority complex couldn’t be any more obvious.

Ahh, the ol’ “you secretly wish you were us” card. The go-to attempted put-down of pubescent girls everywhere...

I was wondering what it was going to take to draw that out of you. I knew it was in you somewhere.

The hilarious part is that this comes from a fan of a team that hasn’t beaten us since Ron Powlus was under center for ND. What a great trip down memory lane. Sadly, that’s all ND fans have these days - memories. They haven’t been relevant in generations.

But that doesn’t stop them from continuing to chant the First Article of ND Faith: Great once, ergo, great forever.

Ladies and gentlemen: I give you FriedmanIP, the living, breathing definition of delusional.

Last edited:
Sure seems a lot of vitriol on this thread related to a poster interpreting “there are no links to personal relationships” as “I don’t have any personal relationships” instead of “I can’t give you a hyperlink to a relationship in my personal life” which is actually what he meant.

Ahh, the ol’ “you secretly wish you were us” card. The go-to attempted put-down of pubescent girls everywhere...

I was wondering what it was going to take to draw that out of you. I knew it was in you somewhere.

The hilarious part is that this comes from a fan of a team that hasn’t beaten us since Ron Powlus was under center for ND. What a great trip down memory lane. Sadly, that’s all ND fans have these days - memories. They haven’t been relevant in generations.

But that doesn’t stop them from continuing to chant the First Article of ND Faith: Great once, ergo, great forever.

Ladies and gentlemen: I give you FriedmanIP, the living, breathing definition of delusional.

Your inferiority complex is showing again.

Quite embarrassing.

Your inferiority complex is showing again.

Quite embarrassing.

You want to claim superiority? Win a game! then puff your chest.

My guess is you were in diapers when ND last beat us.

Facts are facts my friend and you have none on your side, at least none since 1995 - when we had the high honor of exposing your program for the clothesless pseudo-emperor it was, is and always will be.

Sure seems a lot of vitriol on this thread related to a poster interpreting “there are no links to personal relationships” as “I don’t have any personal relationships” instead of “I can’t give you a hyperlink to a relationship in my personal life” which is actually what he meant.

More accurately, that same poster claimed that all of these knowledgeable former ND employees had stated what he claimed… Not that it was some personal, private “information” which he couldn’t corroborate in anyway and therefore has no value whatsoever.

Once he was called out for that (and rightfully so) he switched to acting like a petulant little girl. Which only exposed him further.

As I’ve said throughout this thread, I didn’t come to fight, but I’m not going to back down to a petulant little child who doesn’t have any facts in the first place.

And as I have again already said, if @GOUNUII has any actual support for his baseless claims, he should provide them in a link. Otherwise, he should understand that he’ll only ever be laughed at. And rightfully so.

You want to claim superiority? Win a game! then puff your chest.

My guess is you were in diapers when ND last beat us.

Facts are facts my friend and you have none on your side, at least none since 1995 - when we had the high honor of exposing your program for the clothesless pseudo-emperor it was, is and always will be.

Your inferiority Complex, which is beyond obvious, has nothing to do with others claiming superiority. No one has done so in this thread.

Like all confidence problems, it comes from feelings within yourself, and that you’re now projecting out on to others.

Spend some time reflecting on what prophetic and failing qualities in yourself are driving this massive inferiority complex of yours.

Your inferiority Complex, which is beyond obvious, has nothing to do with others claiming superiority. No one has done so in this thread.

Like all confidence problems, it comes from feelings within yourself, and that you’re now projecting out on to others.

Spend some time reflecting on what prophetic and failing qualities in yourself are driving this massive inferiority complex of yours.

Even seen Sunset Boulevard or Spinal Tap? The has-beens never quite figure out that they’re irrelevant and the world has passed them by until it’s too late.

September 2, 1995 was precisely that date.

So you can repeat the same tripe all you want. Doesn’t change the facts. It just makes you sound more and more like Norma Desmond:

“I’m a star! The greatest star of them all!”

“I am big! It’s the pictures that got small.”

The entire ND fanbase summed up in two quotes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT