ADVERTISEMENT

How about Minnesota

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
I find myself back in town next weekend. Wisconsin flopped, weather wise, at least game was close. Minnesota is about 2 hours in the air. So wheels up by 10 gives plenty of wiggle room. Game over by 5 means touchdown around 7.

Anyone want to come with? Winnable game. Arena I have never seen. I have three open seats.

Last edited:
I find myself back in town next weekend. Wisconsin flopped, weather wise, at least game was close. Minnesota is about 2 hours in the air. So wheels up by 10 gives plenty of wiggle room. Game over by 5 means touchdown around 7.

Anyone want to come with? Winnable game. Arena I have never seen. I have three open seats.
I'm planning to be there--let's connect. Do you fly into Holman Field?

It's closer to The U than MSP. and a lot less busy--lots of business and personal planes. And a great restaurant/bar. You probably don't drink and fly however.
It also have three runways and precision approaches. So if I don’t have a major icing concern, it looks like a great little airport.

And no, no drinking around flying - try to stick to simply hard drugs… :p

(Now watch someone here report me to the FAA and I have to explain humor to yet another humorless audience…)

Really? None of you want to go catch this team on the road, meet STP and fly private (promise I’m gentle with security screening… I even use vasoline)

I hope you diehards plan to drive then

Hungry - c’mon man, bring dem guns aboard
Pwb - you can bring your daughter with
Cappy - do live near Chicago? We can discuss some minor modification thoughts I have for the site. Then stp and I can plow you with reasons to reopen the rant during halftime ;)

Gcg - let’s do this
Corbi - bring a parachute…

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
It also have three runways and precision approaches. So if I don’t have a major icing concern, it looks like a great little airport.

And no, no drinking around flying - try to stick to simply hard drugs… :p

(Now watch someone here report me to the FAA and I have to explain humor to yet another humorless audience…)
Shouldn't have icing concerns next weekend. Temps in the 20's-30's and sun. The only other landing strips are in Lake Elmo and maybe Chaska (SW suburbs)--both small, and far from UMN. Do you have auto-pilot in case you go to sleep on the drugs?

Shouldn't have icing concerns next weekend. Temps in the 20's-30's and sun. The only other landing strips are in Lake Elmo and maybe Chaska (SW suburbs)--both small, and far from UMN. Do you have auto-pilot in case you go to sleep on the drugs?
I have lots of cool toys. Plane could actually land itself while flying an instrument procedure. It’s something I teach the longer term gf’s like Lara.

And funny thing - if I have a second person on a red eye, I will catnap between handoffs. I can sleep easily and they are usually wide eyed…

But for a two hour ride - if I have any company, we will be talking the whole way

Reactions: cats_man_too
I have lots of cool toys. Plane could actually land itself while flying an instrument procedure. It’s something I teach the longer term gf’s like Lara.

And funny thing - if I have a second person on a red eye, I will catnap between handoffs. I can sleep easily and they are usually wide eyed…

But for a two hour ride - if I have any company, we will be talking the whole way
Hope you get some others for the game--should be a good one.

Hey Bob, I think I speak for most when I say, I like my pilots to be awake when they are at the helm. Better stick to marketing Wildcat Report instead of drumming up passengers for your voyage.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
Hey Bob, I think I speak for most when I say, I like my pilots to be awake when they are at the helm. Better stick to marketing Wildcat Report instead of drumming up passengers for your voyage.
Dude - if you had any idea…. Lots of blow in the commercial pilot world and if you fly to Asia, you think those guys are sitting up there at the ready for 15 hours?

Anywho, not a problem. I have non NU people that like to take adventures so if nobody here, and weather permits, I’ll still hit the skies. It’s a great way to travel.

Really? None of you want to go catch this team on the road, meet STP and fly private (promise I’m gentle with security screening… I even use vasoline)

Cappy - do live near Chicago? We can discuss some minor modification thoughts I have for the site. Then stp and I can plow you with reasons to reopen the rant during halftime ;)

Gcg - let’s do this
I think it’s funny how a poster who intentionally tries to irritate and annoy other posters is also begging them to be his friend.

• Haha
I think it’s funny how a poster who intentionally tries to irritate and annoy other posters is also begging them to be his friend.
Lol. Sure Jimbo - pretty please? What if I pay you?

Clearly you are one of those NU grads that lacked social skills to start. I’m offering a ride, chance to meet other guys from the board - even ones I rarely agree with. See, as a social media site, most normal folk don’t overly invest in the back and forth. Apparently you do - ok, no fun plane ride for you then - guess you will watch at home … or endure long drive … or pay for your righteousness with a reasonably priced plane ticket.

Don’t matter to me. I’m going. Going to take up stp, my old rant board nemesis, on getting together and share some fun. And I’ll either bring a few guys from here or a buddy or two from my neck of the woods. Either way - should be fun. New arena and exciting team.

(Btw - I truly would enjoy a plane w gcg, sd and pwb. I think the conversation would be endless and entertaining. Better than holding hands and singing Kum by yah. )

Reactions: NUinIowafan
Lol. Sure Jimbo - pretty please? What if I pay you?

Clearly you are one of those NU grads that lacked social skills to start. I’m offering a ride, chance to meet other guys from the board - even ones I rarely agree with. See, as a social media site, most normal folk don’t overly invest in the back and forth. Apparently you do - ok, no fun plane ride for you then - guess you will watch at home … or endure long drive … or pay for your righteousness with a reasonably priced plane ticket.

Don’t matter to me. I’m going. Going to take up stp, my old rant board nemesis, on getting together and share some fun. And I’ll either bring a few guys from here or a buddy or two from my neck of the woods. Either way - should be fun. New arena and exciting team.

(Btw - I truly would enjoy a plane w gcg, sd and pwb. I think the conversation would be endless and entertaining. Better than holding hands and singing Kum by yah. )
Kumbaya

Yours in nemesisitude,

STP

Gcg - let’s do this
Ignore2:

I appreciate the offer. Seriously, I'm flattered.
My wife will tell you what some people already know - I'm not that interesting!

My real problem is that my +/- number for your flight is "-1" and I don't like my odds.

• Haha
Ignore2:

My real problem is that my +/- number for your flight is "-1" and I don't like my odds.
So I have taken to referring to my plane as Knucklehead Airlines (might actually edit my registration some day - seriously, don’t take oneself so seriously)

So you have now given my flight a name, Knucklehead Flight -1 from Gary to StPaul

• Wow
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Was reading a gcg response and realized he might not actually help the conversation flow, in retrospect…

Gcg - let’s do this
Sorry, Bob. Grandkids are over that weekend.

What about Seattle this fall for the FB Cats?

Sorry, Bob. Grandkids are over that weekend.

What about Seattle this fall for the FB Cats?
My Bonnie is not pressurized so no over the mountains for me. That said, I keep hoping for a pressurized twin someday and I do have a birthday this summer, if you were wondering what you could get me (will fly you everywhere to show my appreciation)

Ignore2:

Wait a minute. I’ve got over a 1000 hours, a very well equipped plane, a pocket full of credentials and no crashes.

How do you calculate my +/-?

Anyone else coming to the game? Thinking of grabbing lunch somewhere before the game.

I once attended a wedding reception at a bar, called Stub and Herb, like a block away from Williams arena. It was cool.

I once attended a wedding reception at a bar, called Stub and Herb, like a block away from Williams arena. It was cool.
Thanks for the recommendation. I suspect stp has some ideas as the local yocal.

Hey stp - where are you sitting? I’m looking at seats in 106 and 116 currently. Is there a common away section with good views?

Got two seats left. Weather looks perfect. Probably going to have a bite with stp after the game. I’m buying my tickets tomorrow.

Stp - 106 or 116

NU was the better team most of the game, but they couldn't put it away in the second half, although they appeared to be about to a couple of times. Seems as though every time they got up by 10 or so, they had a let down, and played sloppy. Buie was not top form--hit a couple of clutch 3's, but didn't do much inside, except get fouled. With three OT's in the last four games, I think they lost their legs in this OT, just got worn out. Still, this is a darn good team. And Minnesota is not bad this year. They've got several at Welsh Ryan coming up, hope they will bounce back. AND got to meet up with IGNORE with his friend and his friend's lovely gf. Coincidentally sitting right behind us, karma apparently having caught with both of us. It was fun.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT