ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Brown

What is a shame is that without using all your weapons on the bench, there is more pressure on the starters with extended minutes (35 minutes or more). Not putting your team in the best position to win by playing a non-factor on offense and defense 10-15 minutes a game.

Reactions: Akeehn0912
What is a shame is that without using all your weapons on the bench, there is more pressure on the starters with extended minutes (35 minutes or more). Not putting your team in the best position to win by playing a non-factor on offense and defense 10-15 minutes a game.
Well also playing someone who might be a disruptive piece or one that's not following "team rules" might actually cause a team to not win games.

Collins repeatedly has voiced his approval of Ash since the Ohio State game. Ash helped out a great deal in the tough win vs Wisconsin and was plus four points while he was in the game! So he helped a ton! Benson played two minutes and Brown did not play! A win is a win,but we need better guard play from Mac or I think you will see more Ash, not less Ash! Which means you will see more wrassler,not less wrassler!

There is no evidence to support that the player you refer to is disruptive. But per the facts of the game, the player who is getting his minutes is hurting his team by not scoring, turning the ball over and playing poor defense which gets him out of proper position. To beat winning teams who will be in the tourney, you need positive contributions form your bench and with JA, you get nothing unless he is wide open on offense which won’t happen against almost all Big 10 teams. Collins’ failure to get offensive contributions from the bench has caused losses against Creighton, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan and Georgia Tech. This year’s team is 14-10, while last year’s team was 18-6 at the exact same juncture in the season. So the failure to play one of the few guys who provide punch off the bench has been a big factor to a number of our losses.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
There is no evidence to support that the player you refer to is disruptive. But per the facts of the game, the player who is getting his minutes is hurting his team by not scoring, turning the ball over and playing poor defense which gets him out of proper position. To beat winning teams who will be in the tourney, you need positive contributions form your bench and with JA, you get nothing unless he is wide open on offense which won’t happen against almost all Big 10 teams. Collins’ failure to get offensive contributions from the bench has caused losses against Creighton, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan and Georgia Tech. This year’s team is 14-10, while last year’s team was 18-6 at the exact same juncture in the season. So the failure to play one of the few guys who provide punch off the bench has been a big factor to a number of our losses.
Correct... but Collins is not a moron. Its not like the people on this board have some incredible genius that's let them figure something out that Collins just can't. Therefore, the most logical explanation is that there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too. My theory as expressed elsewhere on here is that Brown is just not working within the offense (not defense too, maybe) in practice and games and therefore will not get minutes until he does. Who cares if you score 10 points in garbage time of a game by just going rogue when you can't be trusted to play team ball when the game still counts.

There was once a McDonald’s All-American who scored 10 ppg his sophomore year, but struggled mightily his junior year and shot 22 percent from 3s and his average declined to 3.9 ppg and then his senior year that player’s production jumped up to 16.3 ppg. So let’s say that he was not happy with junior year production and he might have viewed himself as finding his way into the coaches’ doghouse because he wasn’t getting consistent minutes. Who was that player?

His name is Chris Collins.

So it does not automatically mean that he will transfer because he has not played in the past 3-4 games. It could be that case but then it could mean something different.

Correct... but Collins is not a moron. Its not like the people on this board have some incredible genius that's let them figure something out that Collins just can't. Therefore, the most logical explanation is that there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too. My theory as expressed elsewhere on here is that Brown is just not working within the offense (not defense too, maybe) in practice and games and therefore will not get minutes until he does. Who cares if you score 10 points in garbage time of a game by just going rogue when you can't be trusted to play team ball when the game still counts.
We don't??

Wow, you are really going to piss off some people here. This will fun to watch... Hey Va, is Walkee your boy? See him dissing CCC?

There was once a McDonald’s All-American who scored 10 ppg his sophomore year, but struggled mightily his junior year and shot 22 percent from 3s and his average declined to 3.9 ppg and then his senior year that player’s production jumped up to 16.3 ppg. So let’s say that he was not happy with junior year production and he might have viewed himself as finding his way into the coaches’ doghouse because he wasn’t getting consistent minutes. Who was that player?

Did that guy also find his coach out for the season due to medical problems? Could coaching have anything to do with it?

You don't think the broken bone in his foot contributed to his poor Junior season? Really comparing apples and bananas with Brown and Collins.

Last edited:
Reactions: IGNORE2
Sorry Walkerfan! I was right all along with Jordan Ash! With AJ turner,and Lathon, we are gonna be real solid next year! Brown may fit in,but he needs lots of help with his defense to back up Ash!

I just can't get behind him. I was there tonight, nothing I see about him brings me any excitement. Fans all around our section talked about no IB... it's just puzzling. Glad they got a huge W

Reactions: lunker35
We are playing the best ball of the year because we are playing solid defense and limiting our turnovers. Ash only has 13 turnovers in 24 games and is our best defender! That's why he is in there. Brown is pretty much done at NU. He has about as much chance of playing as Malnati.

I have noticed that, and I have no idea what to make of it.
There really has to be something going on that we're all missing. He's far too talented to have DNP's every darn game and it's not like Ash is wowing anyone out there. I like what Ash brings on D, but our offense does not run with him out there.

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT