ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Brown

Something is fishy

#FreeIsiahBrown
Someone mentioned a non-fishy possibility near the beginning of this thread that would be consistent with IB's great demeanor on the bench. I have no idea whether it is the actual explanation, but it seems plausible and would not be fishy.

Someone mentioned a non-fishy possibility near the beginning of this thread that would be consistent with IB's great demeanor on the bench. I have no idea whether it is the actual explanation, but it seems plausible and would not be fishy.

Your vague reference got the better of me and had me combing through the first page of the thread to try understand what you were talking about. I'm still at a loss. Can you please explain?

Thank you

Your vague reference got the better of me and had me combing through the first page of the thread to try understand what you were talking about. I'm still at a loss. Can you please explain?

Thank you
If you looked at the first page, you saw it in a list. Again, I have no idea whether it reflects reality.

Is Malnati in the doghouse also? I have not seen much of him also!

The more important story line right now which includes that Brown side-story is that the bench will have to score more than 2-4 points a game to win games against top competition. Last night it worked but 9 days ago we lost an winnable game in Ann Arbor because the bench could not provide support off the bench when our top 3 were off. Otherwise, you need to have 50 points scored from Lindsey, McIntosh and Law every night and that will not happen every night.

Falzon and others on the bench are going to have to score 10-15 points to beat a MSU or Maryland (hopefully) twice or at Iowa who scored 93 points v. MSU last night in a loss and we just have not seen that production at any time during conference play.

The more important story line right now which includes that Brown side-story is that the bench will have to score more than 2-4 points a game to win games against top competition. Last night it worked but 9 days ago we lost an winnable game in Ann Arbor because the bench could not provide support off the bench when our top 3 were off. Otherwise, you need to have 50 points scored from Lindsey, McIntosh and Law every night and that will not happen every night.

Falzon and others on the bench are going to have to score 10-15 points to beat a MSU or Maryland (hopefully) twice or at Iowa who scored 93 points v. MSU last night in a loss and we just have not seen that production at any time during conference play.
Iowa's defense is atrocious, tho.

Brown needs to play on an Iowa type,run and gun offense. Illinois is the same. Northwestern and Wisconsin are defense first teams. Funny thing,is you guys think I am biased towards Ash,but I wanted Ash to transfer in early December for lack of playing time. I knew he was good. You guys said the same stuff. Don't mention transfering. Heck,if I was Brown,I'd go division two if no offers come up.

Newsflash - bench scoring is important. OSU pulled an upset last night beating Purdue. OSU's bench scored 18 points and Purdue's bench scored 0 points. If you want to beat high level teams, you will need production, particularly offensive production from your bench because good teams will take away production from some of your starters. Not a new concept. With Falzon struggling to find shots or make shots, Gaines not being able to draw iron on three point shots, Ash being an offensive liability and Benson not getting fed the ball down low and being a defensive liability at times, we are not being enough production from the bench. That is part of the reason why someone like Brown was important to the team last season in critical games like at OSU last season and the Rutgers' home game win which was critical to making the tourney.

Newsflash - bench scoring is important. OSU pulled an upset last night beating Purdue. OSU's bench scored 18 points and Purdue's bench scored 0 points. If you want to beat high level teams, you will need production, particularly offensive production from your bench because good teams will take away production from some of your starters. Not a new concept. With Falzon struggling to find shots or make shots, Gaines not being able to draw iron on three point shots, Ash being an offensive liability and Benson not getting fed the ball down low and being a defensive liability at times, we are not being enough production from the bench. That is part of the reason why someone like Brown was important to the team last season in critical games like at OSU last season and the Rutgers' home game win which was critical to making the tourney.

This Isaiah Brown situation is bringing out the inner Feli in Walker Fan. Keep at, maybe Collins will cave and start playing him.

Well, Collins caved to wrassler and played Ash so maybe Walker can hope!!
You guys got to leave Brown alone. He is likely just going through a sophomore slump. The guard from Purdue is small also, and creates his own shot. I’m a Brown fan and think next year he has a chance to start. We need at least three guards and Isaiah knows our schemes. Let’s develop his talent. He is engaged on the team and wants us to win. Let’s beat Maryland twice!

Meanwhile UNC just beat Duke with 4 of their 82 points from the bench.

Reactions: Dugan15
Or he has recovered from a minor injury.
Well, given that earlier in the year he was playing despite a bad thigh injury, and given the fact that Collins said in a couple of interviews he wasn't injured, I think we can probably rule that out......

Haywood is usually spot on so I suspect that is reasonably reliable grist (for the mill).

The difference is that UNC has won 6 national championships and MJ went there so that means every one of their starters other than Luke Maye is a 4 or 5-star player. NU has 1 4-star player (Vic Law) who contributes consistently and the rest are three stars which means they do not consistently bring high level production game in and game out. Also, UNC committed 2 TOs which is a rarity.
McIntosh played against UM like a 4-star talent, but that production has been inconsistent at best this season.

I noticed they also held Pardon down to, five points?, and with the unproductive bench that puts crazy pressure on the starters.

Brown was the first sub off the bench today. He only played a few minutes but he did play early

Brown was the first sub off the bench today. He only played a few minutes but he did play early

Guessing Ash has some sort of injury, since even Tino got in today...

EDIT: looks like he was indeed hurt, per reports, which makes sense. Brown simply took his minutes

Yes, all three of them and scored 0.

About the same as Ash usually scores. But, as I indicated in another post, we actually could have used Ash as an extra body due to Maryland's depth issues.That and BMac clearly not being the same after tweaking his knee again were significant factors in the L, imo.

Brown is done as a wildcat! I expect him to transfer once the season ends. Collins wants a 6 foot three point guard
You guys got to leave Brown alone. He is likely just going through a sophomore slump. The guard from Purdue is small also, and creates his own shot. I’m a Brown fan and think next year he has a chance to start. We need at least three guards and Isaiah knows our schemes. Let’s develop his talent. He is engaged on the team and wants us to win. Let’s beat Maryland twice!
Well, which one is it, wrassler?? Dang dang dang!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT