ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Brown

It's pretty obvious at this point that Brown is being pushed out of the program.

Is this basically a Creaning?
Hard to tell. If there was some sort of internal disciplinary issue, that would not in my mind be a Creaning. If CCC and staff just decided he isn't a fit with their plans going forward, then it is classic Creaning. Or Vassaring if you prefer. Not to be confused with Vasoline.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
If Brown was to transfer, he may need to go the small college route. Out of HS, his only other reported offer was from his flagship state school (Wash). But since, they have had a coaching change, and it's unclear whether the new coaching staff would be interested in him.
If he has raised his athletic profile beyond the level he had as a HS grad, then he may get offers from schools that didn't initially offer him, out of HS. That does not seem to be the case, though.

If the young man is interested in getting the NU degree I hope he stays at the school and gets the NU degree. Whether that costs NU a player on the roster or not.

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious at this point that Brown is being pushed out of the program.

He was given 9 full minutes in the first half of a game vs. the worst team in the BIG to prove himself. Had he not been terrible, no way Scottie plays point the second half. If he is being pushed out the program, why would he have played in such a critical situation? Makes no sense to me.

Hard to tell. If there was some sort of internal disciplinary issue, that would not in my mind be a Creaning. If CCC and staff just decided he isn't a fit with their plans going forward, then it is classic Creaning. Or Vassaring if you prefer. Not to be confused with Vasoline.
Speaking of, will Vassar get honored on senior day?

A school like Idaho State would take Brown in a minute. The Big Sky is a guards league and transfers from the PAC-12 often find major minutes and high scoring opportunities in this conference. If Brown chooses to leave NU he will have no problem finding another scholarship opportunity.

A school like Idaho State would take Brown in a minute. The Big Sky is a guards league and transfers from the PAC-12 often find major minutes and high scoring opportunities in this conference. If Brown chooses to leave NU he will have no problem finding another scholarship opportunity.
You know that environment far better than I do, for sure...I suppose that a B1G transfer would get some offers from smaller leagues...Perhaps he would get several from the Big Sky (or comparable). Nevertheless, NO Big Sky offer shows in his recruiting profile, coming out of HS...Not that he wouldn't get offers now...but many players do get offers both from bigger and smaller leagues (like a Midwest player getting both B1G and MAC offers)...If the recruiting sites are right about him, he seems to have gotten only 2 offers overall, all leagues considered...FWIW.

You know that environment far better than I do, for sure...I suppose that a B1G transfer would get some offers from smaller leagues...Perhaps he would get several from the Big Sky (or comparable). Nevertheless, NO Big Sky offer shows in his recruiting profile, coming out of HS...Not that he wouldn't get offers now...but many players do get offers both from bigger and smaller leagues (like a Midwest player getting both B1G and MAC offers)...If the recruiting sites are right about him, he seems to have gotten only 2 offers overall, all leagues considered...FWIW.
After scoring 30 points a game against good competition in Seattle, I’m sure a lot of schools in the Northwest would have offered a Brown if he hadn’t already committed to NU.

After scoring 30 points a game against good competition in Seattle, I’m sure a lot of schools in the Northwest would have offered a Brown if he hadn’t already committed to NU.
1)What makes you think that his having verbally committed to NU precluded others from offering? As discussed elsewhere, NU does make schollie offers to student-athletes who have verbally committed to other schools...same could happen in the opposite direction, right?

2) If NU offered him before he scored the 30 pts you are referring to, obviously so could others (that is, others could have offered him about the time NU did, and before he had committed to anyone)...in fact, the regional schools probably started following him far earlier than NU started (and hence could have offered him before NU did, had they chosen to do so).

Boxscore is incorrect, it screwed up substitutions with BMac and IB. IB only played 5 minutes in the first half after BMac went out when he got injured the first time. Watch it on BTN2Go if you're still skeptical.
Ok, so he turned over the ball twice in just 5 minutes, then. Even worse.

1)What makes you think that his having verbally committed to NU precluded others from offering? As discussed elsewhere, NU does make schollie offers to student-athletes who have verbally committed to other schools...same could happen in the opposite direction, right?

2) If NU offered him before he scored the 30 pts you are referring to, obviously so could others (that is, others could have offered him about the time NU did, and before he had committed to anyone)...in fact, the regional schools probably started following him far earlier than NU started (and hence could have offered him before NU did, had they chosen to do so).
Well you are assuming the data bases you are referencing are accurate. I have no confidence in that. But it doesn’t really matter how many offers he officially received, my point is he put up good numbers against good competition and he’s shown at NU that he has done athletic ability. He reminds me of Andre Spight, a 6-1 OG who transferred from ASU after playing minimally there, and is now averaging 20 points a game for Northern Colorado. As I said, most Big Skyvschools would take Brown in a heartbeat if he’s in good academic standing.

Coaching is about, among other things, recruiting, in season coaching, and player development. Any shortfalls here?

One of my ex bosses, who was otherwise despicable (think "angry elf") once said " if your team doesn't succeed, it's because you have failed them"

As I said, most Big Skyvschools would take Brown in a heartbeat if he’s in good academic standing.
The major recruiting sites is what we have readily available...Can you offer any evidence that Big Sky schools offered him out of HS? They obviously could have offered him before, at the same time, or after NU offered him, and most of them probably knew about him even before NU did. If none did offer, why would so many of them want him now? He doesn't seem to have raised his athletic profile (from its level, following HS).

The major recruiting sites is what we have readily available...Can you offer any evidence that Big Sky schools offered him out of HS? They obviously could have offered him before, at the same time, or after NU offered him, and most of them probably knew about him even before NU did. If none did offer, why would so many of them want him now? He doesn't seem to have raised his athletic profile (from its level, following HS).
Is it me, or does this just not seem like an important enough question to keep pursuing? :rolleyes:

Do you know what happened to Jordan? All I heard is lower body.
Think Collins said during pre-game interview that he was out with a knee. Once again NU has only 12 schlorship players and Turner is sitting out the year and Rap injured for the entire season. Now Ash is out and maybe Mac. Wonder when they will have a full 13 man roster.

This November.
Unless somebody gets hurt or quits before then. Very few programs ever finish a season with a full 13-man roster available.

As to Brown’s marketability, I have absolutely no evidence any Big Sky, West Coast or WAC schools ever said hello to him, much less offered him a scholarship, even after he averaged 30 points a game against quality competition in a big city. I can only surmise. But I would be willing to make a gentlemen’s wager that if he leaves NU, he will have plenty of D-1 options.

Wonder when they will have a full 13 man roster.
I-told-you-so time...Not blaming anyone but it seems there were enough grad transfers available (even very late) for NU to have gotten AT LEAST a practice player out of the 13th scholarship...I don't even know what became of Jack Whitman, the W&M grad who briefly joined Kansas as a grad transfer but left before the start of the season...he could have helped the cats A LOT (as may others mentioned at one point or another).

Last edited:
So why would a blue chipper come to sit behind Lathon and Ash??

Dang!!!!!
He can redshirt as Ash is a senior. Or if good enough,start over Ash! Collins needs to find another guard to fill this obvious void. I think he needs to work to develop Brown who looked dang good in first half and is our only healthy strong guard on roster!

Reactions: Akeehn0912
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT