ADVERTISEMENT

It's time for McCall to go

MikeWebb, This is not to start a flare up, because I appreciate your enthusiasm and fandom, but you did just run off a string of 7 or 8 posts in a 35 minute span yourself.

So in fairness, whatever you mean by hyperposting, you just may be guilty of it yourself sometimes. Again, just an observation offered to you in fairness as something to consider, not looking to start a row here...

Nope was just taking a break from my other activities to see what was going on here; have posted very little the week so was just catching up addressing the trolling a bit. .Off to a wine and cheese with my wonderful wife now, so you won't here from me. Take care.

He has about as much chance of being fired as Urban. But we have some posters here saying it is time for Fitz to go, lol.

Do you agree with them? Even with all the ranting you have done about Cushing (are you an out of work OL coach?), I think that even you would see it is silly to fire Fitz.

If fans start taking their protests from the Boards to the wallets, change can happen. The almighty dollar rules...over Urban, over Fitz, over anyone.

In fact, I would suspect a few well placed big donors could stir the winds of change. Not that it will happen, but stranger has happened.

Meanwhile, hope Fitz can lead another miracle turn around like last year, or it will only get worse around here. And you can see the tide turning against the Purple Kool Aid Klan.

If fans start taking their protests from the Boards to the wallets, change can happen. The almighty dollar rules...over Urban, over Fitz, over anyone.

In fact, I would suspect a few well placed big donors could stir the winds of change. Not that it will happen, but stranger has happened.

Meanwhile, hope Fitz can lead another miracle turn around like last year, or it will only get worse around here. And you can see the tide turning against the Purple Kool Aid Klan.
I think Fitz will, actually. But with a $300 million facility and plans to upgrade Ryan Field, I wonder if the normal 6 or 7 game regular season is still the bar without Phillips suggesting that Fitz ought to address problems instead of continuing the insanity of refusing to resolve the OL problem.

Plus it makes some of us feel better. We watch this crap and we can't even complain. What's the world come to?

I think Fitz will, actually. But with a $300 million facility and plans to upgrade Ryan Field, I wonder if the normal 6 or 7 game regular season is still the bar without Phillips suggesting that Fitz ought to address problems instead of continuing the insanity of refusing to resolve the OL problem.

How many years in a row can you expect the miracle turn around?

How many years in a row can you expect the miracle turn around?
I don't think anyone is expecting a miracle turnaround. I think NU has the exact football product they want, i.e., a consistently competitive one. And I think this one will get a bowl bid as well. I don't buy the fake news that we can't get stud football players, our recruiting just needs work if we are wanting to get more bang for spending $300 million on a lakeside facility to presumably get the attention of better recruits. But I do know that there won't be any progress in this program if we don't ever address the glaring OL problem. Either that, or we have to allow McCall to reintroduce the spread but that would mean that Fitz' desire for a power run game was a failure. But no matter, the sky isn't falling. Fitz has done a good job. He gets a lot out of the players he does recruit even if our rankings are outside the top 50.

Fitz has gotten pretty big...and I like Fitz for lots of reasons...however I think there is a large enough sample to judge whether the program is progressing towards championships or not....I certainly am not qualified and I dont know people on the board well enough to have anything other than an impassioned opinion...My thought is that Phillips needs to get someone who really has the credentials and bona fides to evaluate the coaching ...and tell Fitz what changes he must make if he wants to stay..or a plan to improve in areas of deficiency within a time period.. who knows maybe Fitz resigns if given an ultimatum?

I watched the Oklahoma offensive play calling Saturday night. By formation they dictated the game. There execution was spectacular. The screens, and the ability incorporate the superback into the read option was executed at the highest level. The whole offensive staff should look at the formations for planning purposes. Hopefully, the Cats bounce back this week.

I understand that It's pretty easy to forget one yard of rushing offense, so you're forgiven for failing to mention it. It's easy to do with such minuscule, rounding error-type of numbers.

9ivEP1X.gif

This is becoming Carmodyesque

I've thought this for a while now. He's a good recruiter and not a sourpuss, but re performance, he seems to do just well enough to keep his job. Carmody had just enough success that I'm sure NU thought it would look funny if he was fired.

That said, I am sure that he will be the coach as long as he wants. His "seat" is room temperature

Reactions: IGNORE2
Or stop rationalizing and justifying.

I hear this secondhand regarding domers. With the loss to Georgia, the negative nancy's are already threatening heads and joined the thousands of others selling their tickets to bulldog fans.
But this is NU and Fitz doesnt have to even win since Morty doesnt expect victories. You want someone to blame, blame Morty. Fitz isnt going anywhere. 1 win or 10 year.

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT