ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Ash continues to impress! First off the bench yesterday after Falzon!

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
Ash is our best defender and also our best distributor of the ball on offense. Came off the bench first when starters needed a rest and dished off a nice pass to Law for a three extending our lead. Mac makes too many silly turnovers or he would be the best. Wrassler is correct again that it is Jordan Ash, not Brown or Gaines, that will be subbing for Mac. I like Gaines a lot and he has a high ceiling,but Gaines is not a guard and can’t beat a press bringing the ball up.

Brown was in the game when McIntosh sat. The bench needs offensive punch which everyone who is a fan of NU knows. Brown provides that offensive punch and can break a press. Ash has not shown he can do that.

Gaines is a guard and backs up Lindsey. Ash has scored 0 points for the first 6 games of the season. That means he will play defense in limited minute situations to help with certain matchups against athletic guards.

Is the strength and cond coach for football the same as for baskball? Whoever it is, tell them that the guys on the baskball team look the part of some studs! Especially, Ash, Brown, Gaines and Skelly! They look like Football players! Even Rap looked pretty strong too! I was just a little disappointed in how Rap looked out there for the last few minutes of the game. He seemed to be out of shape/slow to the ball/got a few blocking fouls that should have been charges.

Brown was in the game when McIntosh sat. The bench needs offensive punch which everyone who is a fan of NU knows. Brown provides that offensive punch and can break a press. Ash has not shown he can do that.

Gaines is a guard and backs up Lindsey. Ash has scored 0 points for the first 6 games of the season. That means he will play defense in limited minute situations to help with certain matchups against athletic guards.

You realize it's Wrassler, correct? He doesn't care if you provide a 100-page dissertation of how Brown is better than Ash, he wants Ash! Just like he wants Alviti and Ben Johnson, though I believe the latter MAY have used up his eligibility.

You realize it's Wrassler, correct? He doesn't care if you provide a 100-page dissertation of how Brown is better than Ash, he wants Ash! Just like he wants Alviti and Ben Johnson, though I believe the latter MAY have used up his eligibility.
Defense wins championships! We need Jordan in there! In some ways, I think he is as good as Mac.

Defense wins championships! We need Jordan in there! In some ways, I think he is as good as Mac.

This act is getting really tiresome. I've told you this before...you're actually going to get people to root against Ash because you're so obnoxious. Just stop and let us cheer on Ash without your incessant (look at me!!) posts. Please stop...you're not being fair to Ash.

Last edited:
Reactions: NUCat320
This act is getting really tiresome. I've told you this before...you're actually going to get people to root against Ash because you're so obnoxious. Just stop and let us cheer on Ash without your incessant (look at me!!) posts. Please stop...you're not being fair to Ash.
What a crock of baloney! I am here to help us win! My advocacy of playing the best players last week was only because of his solid play. He would be a starter at most other BT schools. As a nu athlete and fan, I am pledged to abide by the NU motto, of “ whatsoever is just and true, think on those things. I like the way Ash is developing and can see him as a professional,way before of Mac because of his physical talents. He can shoot also. I a, first off a fan. So, my belief is that he has not been treated fairly. If I were him, I would transfer to Duke or Stanford next year as he is very bright, like JJ in football. NU hoops would be screwed royally if Ash transferred as Brown will not be able to perform in the BT next year on par with a NCAA team they would have with Ash! I am not in the locker room,but everyone knows that ash plays an unselfish game of team basketball. I am more ticked at Macs continued poor passing, especially turnovers. Plus he is shooting poorly. Heck, I am there for each kid on the team. I do see Brown transferring anyways, to be closer to home as he won’t play meaningful minutes going forward. If I were Ash, I would transfer in January to Stanford, if the coaches don’t do the right thing and play him more.

If that's not enough reason for an extended vacation, I don't know what is.
Lighten up, Francis. You know his schtick. Put him on ignore if he bothers you so much. Kind of like an old Uncle Abner who tells rude jokes and farts at the dinner table. He may be a pain in the ass but he's our pain in the ass!!

Reactions: EvanstonCat
Lighten up, Francis. You know his schtick. Put him on ignore if he bothers you so much. Kind of like an old Uncle Abner who tells rude jokes and farts at the dinner table. He may be a pain in the ass but he's our pain in the ass!!

When he's literally saying players on our team *should* transfer...no, I won't lighten up. Crap like that isn't cool.

When he's literally saying players on our team *should* transfer...no, I won't lighten up. Crap like that isn't cool.
I started for NU as a true fresh and beat out seven wrestlers around my weight \ as a junior, I would have started again but the NU coach screwed me over, like Ash right now! What I really like about Ash is his unselfish team play

The reason I am the top poster on both the hoops and football board is trust! People trust they will get the truth! By the way, I love Gained also\more upside than Ash! Kid can be a pro

Wrassler\I\he had AA potential as an NU athlete but injuries derailed my\his\wrassler's career . I\he\Wrassler finished 5th in the Illinois Open as a true frosh\over 30 plus colleges competing! I\Wrassler lost to an AA by a point in that tournament

Last edited:
Newsflash: Jordan Ash was not even the best player on his high school team. See Glynn Watson, starting PG at Nebraska, but you have him with pro potential. Too funny! Did you go to St. Joe’s? McIntosh is the greatest PG in NU basketball history. LOL!!!!

Newsflash: Jordan Ash was not even the best player on his high school team. See Glynn Watson, starting PG at Nebraska, but you have him with pro potential. Too funny! Did you go to St. Joe’s? McIntosh is the greatest PG in NU basketball history. LOL!!!!
I like Mac! Too small for NBA

I am not really worried about it! Things will likely workout in the end. My starting five, that I would give 25-30 minutes a game are Mac,Falzon, Scottie,Law,and Pardon! Those five are better than MSU and any five in the conference! Then, for backups, I have these guys getting 10-15 minutes each. Point guard/ small guard, Ash. Forward Skelly, who I can see getting as much as 20 minutes. And for Pardon, I got Benson for 10-15! We are so darn good, I think Gaines only sees the floor for 5 minutes a game. I think Gaines can start on 60 percent of the teams in the BT right now!

???? I say positive things and criticize too. Like I said, let me know when you say something positive around here.

The search feature is your friend. As is ignore. And I say plenty of positive things. Especially about the bball program that I see on the rise. Not going to play your fetch puppy - find whatever you need to get through the night and stop picking on other posters, or get a room with GCG and entertain each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT