ADVERTISEMENT

Lou - Virus in WR code

Seattle_Cat

Sep 8, 2003
I use the Chrome browser and every time I use it on this website I get a popup trying to get me to install virus on my PC. It claims to be a critical update to Chrome. It's really an attempt to hack into your PC.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I only get the popup when I visit this website. Yes, I know that it is known malware and I suspect that it is embedded in the code for the WR website.

Impossible. Rivals is Yahoo! owned - their attention and focus on incorruptible security is well documented. (note: sarcasm meter set to 11 out of 10).

Hope your issue gets resolved, Seattle.

According to Virus Total this site is clean.

y3m-Qqe7jV8Z-T1ArlkzcBGnmk8TcnikuCW-RTWcX-uMHAqq2jUtxyrczDn-BanyNwpwndy5ey8fScXVRQR6lvFo_VLYtX3aX3l2nfskUEuvUUdDOdnesyYRslLlZ-3StxtuBFko6SEhGW5DZxXehQAQEqOWwWU6tzRW0Vutu7HT7Y

Impossible. Rivals is Yahoo! owned - their attention and focus on incorruptible security is well documented. (note: sarcasm meter set to 11 out of 10).

Hope your issue gets resolved, Seattle.

It's not a problem as long as I don't allow the popup to install the virus. It is annoying, though. I guess I just won't use Chrome to visit WR anymore. This website could be harboring other viruses, though. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT