ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Fitzgerald: Please take the first Hot Air Balloon ride back to reality

If you think that is bad, you wouldn’t have liked the predecessors to this forum very much.

The Barnett flame wars on the old ESPN forums were legendary. This board is tame by comparison.

I take it you disagree? About football, or moderation?
Thanks for the flashbacks to BobbyD, ISHMAEL, and the rest....

Thanks for the flashbacks to BobbyD, ISHMAEL, and the rest....

Sorry. I can see how those forums might have caused some mild PTSD.

But surely ISH isn’t a painful flashback, is he? This program, and the value of the education Wildcat players receive, had no greater proponent, as I recall.

Reactions: IGNORE
Sorry. I can see how those forums might have caused some mild PTSD.

But surely ISH isn’t a painful flashback, is he? This program, and the value of the education Wildcat players receive, had no greater proponent, as I recall.
Not at all. His posts supporting the team and Program were refreshing (as was his signature use of all caps for emphasis). May he rest in peace. BobbyD, on the other hand....

Does anyone have copies of these threads? I know it's a long shot, and I imagine the electronic archives don't exist.

I just love a good internet flame war. Some of the best entertainment around. I saved a bunch of Moxie's missives from his days on the Post-Dispatch Cards Talk forums. Occasionally I go back and read them and laugh so hard I tear up.

And there are old gems from backpacker.com:

Hey half-pint! How 'bout you take that .357 and shoot yourself in your big toe so all that air in your head can ooze out from somewhere other than your mouth. School isn't over yet and I'll still take your lunch money. Better yet, I'll take your trail food from you and leave you with Ramen noodles, mint leaves, and one peanut per day for the rest of your hike. If you talk back I will slap your momma when I get home, make her take out my trash and mow my yard so she will have time to reflect on why she entered you into the gene pool. I'll stretch stretch your lower lip up over your face to the back of your head, then I'll give you a huge wedgey and tie your underwear to your lip so it will stay put. Don't worry though, I'll guide you back down to the trailhead by poking you with a stick. AAAhha a ah ahha aha hahah ahahh. I'm YOUR wolf, Half-pint.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT