ADVERTISEMENT

Music City Bowl Attendance Bigger than Outback Bowl

Should also give a nod to the many UK fans who attended and created a strong atmosphere. They were clearly the majority based on the cheering, but the NU turnout was also strong.

Nashville is a great city to host a bowl. Such a fun place and not a Godforsaken tourist creation like much of Florida.

Last edited:
Should also give a nod to the many UK fans who attended. They were clearly the majority based on the cheering, but the NU turnout was also strong. Nashville is a great city to host a bowl. Such a fun place and not a Godforsaken tourist creation like much of Florida.
I wouldn't mind seeing us return there in the future. Really a great and easily accessible destination too.

Of the B1G bowl teams, if I read this correctly, our bowl did better in terms of % capacity than all but Wisky and PSU. Absolute attendance was better than MSU and Mich.

Of the B1G bowl teams, if I read this correctly, our bowl did better in terms of % capacity than all but Wisky and PSU. Absolute attendance was better than MSU and Mich.
On the glass half empty side, we drew less than the previous two. Tennessee understandable. But we drew less than Louisville / Texas A&M. Hopefully, they will compare weather and factor that in.

On the glass half empty side, we drew less than the previous two. Tennessee understandable. But we drew less than Louisville / Texas A&M. Hopefully, they will compare weather and factor that in.

Louisville also had the Heisman Trophy winner last year. Some of the novelty wore off this year obviously for Louisville.

Heat of Dallas Bowl — 20,000 persons in a 92,000-seat stadium. Ouch.
That's about what it was when NU played there a few years ago. The old Cotton Bowl stadium is cavernous and is pretty much useless now that the Cowboys stadium draws all the big events (including the official Cotton Bowl game itself).

Louisville also had the Heisman Trophy winner last year. Some of the novelty wore off this year obviously for Louisville.
The game was two years ago. Last year was Tennessee / Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT