ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern vs Wisconsin Prediction Thread

If college games could still end in a tie, that's what I would've predicted. Alas, I see the 'Cat's breaking my heart once again in another cold, rainy day in Evanston. 😞

Willie 27
Bucky 24
My best guess is the winner in the high twenties and the loser in the low twenties. This ought to be a very good college football game.

Northwestern 17
Wisconsin 10

Wisconsin crosses our 50 yard line three times in the game. CFP will put us 10th but the discussion will be about how we "find ways to win." Run defense is as solid as ever. And it will take a full 3-4 years of NFL games to get us and the national media past our track record and "3 stars" and realize that DBU resided in Evanston in 2020.

NU 23
UW 21

My best Dave E. Impression.

Ramsey behind center ... the clock ticking ... here’s the snap ... Ramsey back to pass ... he’s under pressure ... rolls to his left ... throws downfield ... it’s caught ... Lees makes the sliding catch in bounds on the far sideline at the Badger 35 ... clock still ticking ... we’re under 10 seconds ... no time outs ... Ramsey rushing to get everybody set at the LOS ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... the snap ... the spike ... clock stops with 2 seconds left. And here comes the FG unit. Charlie Kuhbander to attempt a career long 52 yarder for the win. No chance to freeze him. Wisconsin without a time out. Kuhbander will have a slight wind to his back. Fitz taking the wind for the 4th quarter could prove to be the difference in this game.

The snap ... the hold .... Kuhbander’s kick is up ... it’s a high kick ... appears to have the distance ... it’s .................,,....................GOOD!
That ball bounced off the right upright, just above the cross bar ... then appeared to hit the cross bar ... on its way down .. before tumbling through the uprights.

The cardiac cats strike again. Cats win 23-21. Corbi is a genius. 😊

GOUNUII

Ramsey behind center ... the clock ticking ... here’s the snap ... Ramsey back to pass ... he’s under pressure ... rolls to his left ... throws downfield ... it’s caught ... Lees makes the sliding catch in bounds on the far sideline at the Badger 35 ... clock still ticking ... we’re under 10 seconds ... no time outs ... Ramsey rushing to get everybody set at the LOS ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... the snap ... the spike ... clock stops with 2 seconds left. And here comes the FG unit. Charlie Kuhbander to attempt a career long 52 yarder for the win. No chance to freeze him. Wisconsin without a time out. Kuhbander will have a slight wind to his back. Fitz taking the wind for the 4th quarter could prove to be the difference in this game.

The snap ... the hold .... Kuhbander’s kick is up ... it’s a high kick ... appears to have the distance ... it’s .................,,....................GOOD!
That ball bounced off the right upright, just above the cross bar ... then appeared to hit the cross bar ... on its way down .. before tumbling through the uprights.

GOUNUII

Wow...it's amazing how clearly I can hear him making this call. Maybe not the Corbi part.

Man, I am so torn about this prediction:

My head says:
NU 17
UW 27

But my heart wants:
NU 24
UW 20

My heart wins out, but my gut is very unsettled by it...

If there was ever a game this season that we need to put it all together in three phases, this is it. Go Cats!

Wisconsin defense gets the job done, Mertz comes up big, Badgers win 28-17.

When will people learn. Sconnies should know better than anyone. No matter how strong you have been, we always play you tough and win when everyone thinks we should not. Jonathan Taylor had his worst games against the Cats, and that was against worse defenses than what we have this year.

You're not going to score 4 TDs against this NU defense. Every week this year, we get these opposing fans coming in with their predictions or on their own boards saying they are going to put up 4 or 5 scores or more on us. It's not you. It's us. Maryland has been explosive after scoring 3 on us in the opener. Iowa became a scoring machine in their last two games. Nebraska and Purdue all saw much more offensive production than against the Cats. Many of the points that were scored against us were gifted to opponents with untimely turnovers by our offense, and in most cases we still held them to 3 pts in the redzone or even took it right back.

You'll be lucky to get to 20 or 21 if we gift you a couple of scores via turnovers. This game is going to be a question of whether Bajakian is worth his salt and Ramsey is enough of an upgrade to put up enough points (say 21) to win with this defense. Complementary football, some might say, but the reality is that our offense is still a WIP, and I'd really rather have the firepower to put up 40 and blow out Wisconsin like we did Maryland.

IMHO, NU must break 30 to beat UW.

The pressure on the game will raise the level of play for both teams and that's why my prediction has higher scores.

Damn. Quit raising the bar. We have little chance of getting to 30. 17 might have to be enough. I'm hoping we can get to 24. And I want to win.

GOUNUII

GOUNUII

GOUNUII
Wow that was incredibly well done. I could hear him.

The pundits are saying that we have to play a perfect game and/or get a substantial edge on turnovers to come out the victors.

Regardless, I'm reaching back to the previously proven karma of my purple caped character from Hawaii 5-0 for the Wildcats to go 5-0.

utf-8Photo20from20Nov2032C202013_zps1b8d889e.jpg

Cardinal and White - 24

Purple and White - 27

Left Brain
Badgers 24, Cats 20 (Wiscy's efficient mix of pass + run takes a toll in Q4)

Right Brain
Cats 27, Badgers 17 (All the pieces for NU come together)

Reactions: rogerkim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT