ADVERTISEMENT

NU Moves up 2 spots in first of the Top 25 College Polls

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Last week we were at 17 and now moved up to 15. It will be interesting to see if the AP and Coaches Poll both move NU up at least two slots as well.

"Northwestern (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) posted its second shutout of the season, while quarterback Clayton Thorson ran for two touchdowns in the Wildcats' dominant victory to open conference play.

The Wildcats have given up 35 points in five games this season, and in four home games they're allowing 6.3 points per game.

Thorson threw for 128 yards on 14-of-19 passing to go with his rushing TDs, while Justin Jackson ran for 120 yards on 20 carries. Northwestern held Minnesota (3-2, 0-1) to 173 yards and got a 13-yard fumble return TD from Anthony Walker. "

Here is the link for BR's poll which, at least for Northwestern, tracked the Coaches Poll for last week placing NU #17."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nkings-bleacher-reports-week-6-top-25/page/13

Last week we were at 17 and now moved up to 15. It will be interesting to see if the AP and Coaches Poll both move NU up at least two slots as well.

"Northwestern (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) posted its second shutout of the season, while quarterback Clayton Thorson ran for two touchdowns in the Wildcats' dominant victory to open conference play.

The Wildcats have given up 35 points in five games this season, and in four home games they're allowing 6.3 points per game.

Thorson threw for 128 yards on 14-of-19 passing to go with his rushing TDs, while Justin Jackson ran for 120 yards on 20 carries. Northwestern held Minnesota (3-2, 0-1) to 173 yards and got a 13-yard fumble return TD from Anthony Walker. "

Here is the link for BR's poll which, at least for Northwestern, tracked the Coaches Poll for last week placing NU #17."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nkings-bleacher-reports-week-6-top-25/page/13
It is getting crowded at the top. I guess I like BR more today than usual ;).

Duke and Stanford , both ranked in top 25. Iowa, Michigan, MSU, tOSU, NU all ranked.

Things will really start to sort themselves out in the next couple of weeks especially for Michigan who plays NU and MSU in the next two weeks. tOSU has such a week schedule that they will not be able to climb back into #1 until the final weeks MSU and UM. They better start dominating or they will drop a spot a week even as they win games.

Is it possible these days to jump DOWN???
To me jumping always means "up"....I am old fashion, I guess..... ;-) ;-)

Feli, there is a peak in Colorado called Sunlight. It is a challenging 14er in a beautiful place called Chicago Basin, but I digress. The summit block of Sunlight is a large squarish slab that is the apex of a several slabs that can be relatively easily negotiated, but I digress. However, mounting this final slab requires some fortitude as it requires a leap over a narrow chasm that drops directly into a highly exposed gully. Completing this final move also requires an upward trajectory in order to land squarely on the pitched summit slab in order to gain a solid foothold that will propel one a few additional feet to the true summit of this esteemed peak. The final move can be quite unnerving, but I digress.

Those who overcome the obstacle of fear and agility are rewarded with spectacular views and the personal satisfaction of having obtained the summit. However, as any seasoned mountaineer knows, gaining the summit only represents partial completion of the objective, as the true objective is a safe, timely, and honorable return. But I digress.

Thus returning from Sunlight's bountiful summit requires a reversal of the aforementioned move. You must slide or shimmy down the pitched slab to the edge of the precipice, and with a leap or jump sufficient to clear the foreboding chasm, span the short distance across and downward to find safe purchase on the slab below. It is neither a great distance to span nor a lengthy distance to descend, but it can said with a degree of confidence, honesty, and respect that one must jump down in order to begin your descent from Sunlight's fair summit.

Reactions: IGNORE2 and iskaboo
AP Poll 13th position
Coaches' Poll 14th position

Late edit: Apologies & credit to Shakes for earlier thread, with 1st post of rankings. Bad case of
premature e-jubilation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT