ADVERTISEMENT

NU sells out B1G title game allotment

I’m not blaming the donor. Understand that.

If the 3400 cuts into the 10000, that’s a problem. That wasn’t supposed to be the deal. That 10000 was for the STH.
There are plenty of tickets at ticketmaster. NU supporters should go to Ticketmaster and dominate the crowd.

So, Bobb and Co., now that the students and the mysterious benefactor aren't to blame for all of us not being able to get the number of tickets we want, who is?

Nobody. Somebody pumped a BS story. I reacted at the level of BS it was. Turns out it was false. Not of my doing. Clear?

Everyone: there are tons of tickets still available on secondary sources like StubHub and VividSeats. If you want to go to the game, go grab 'em.

Lots of seats available for under $100 on stubhub
Nobody. Somebody pumped a BS story. I reacted at the level of BS it was. Turns out it was false. Not of my doing. Clear?

Let’s move on...we’re all Cat fans here. Enjoy the moment, buy your tix online, go to the Purple Party and root on our boys to victory!

Last edited:

Not really, because all of this is based on speculation and we don’t know what is true yet and in either case your take was bad. We don’t even know who got tickets!

Old fans bitching about student interest cutting into their own interests when all we do around here is complain about student attendance and interest in the program.

If I had not been able to get tickets despite being a STH for 20 years, and learned it was directly because of the student allotment, I would not have had one angry word to say, and I'd head to the secondary market for a deal a day before the game.

I have said it before and I will say it again...so many of our fans just plain suck.

Except it was a false story. So the bitching that sucks is yours because I said much earlier that it’s fantastic that the students are going and that the donor did what he did. You’re attacking a fallacy.

Not really, because all of this is based on speculation and we don’t know what is true yet and in either case your take was bad. We don’t even know who got tickets!

My take is based on the fallacy that got pumped - that 34% of the allotment was handed to students by a donor. If that’s not true, I have no problem with anything. I can only react to what is said here. If what’s said is baloney, don’t blame me for it.

Any shock there? It’s either true or not. If true, I think absconding with 34% of the tickets is BS. If it’s not, I think it’s great. Clear now?
So let me get this straight. Let's say student tickets count against the 10,000. Let's say 3,400 students buy a ticket. Are you mad or not?

I think Teddy is right btw.

Why would there be an exact 10k seats leftover if 3400 for the students was separately alloted.

Most likely the 3400 came from the 10000. That's why AD put Wed. morning deadline for students to reserve spots, so they could allot remaining 6600 to rest of STHs.

So let me get this straight. Let's say student tickets count against the 10,000. Let's say 3,400 students buy a ticket. Are you mad or not?

I’m mad at dealing with your persistent lunacy.

I dont like the fact that one guy can come all gong and highjack 1/3 of the allotment just because he’s rich and connected and the school will let him do it as a whim. It’s not fair to everybody else.

I think Teddy is right btw.

Why would there be an exact 10k seats leftover if 3400 for the students was separately alloted.

Most likely the 3400 came from the 10000. That's why AD put Wed. morning deadline for students to reserve spots, so they could allot remaining 6600 to rest of STHs.

What would have happened if 5k signed up? How do we know for sure all 3,400 will show for the trip to Indy? What if 500 decide to bail? What happens to those seats? I’m hoping to the 3,400 we’re separate from the 10k.

I dont like the fact that one guy can come all gong and highjack 1/3 of the allotment just because he’s rich and connected and the school will let him do it as a whim. It’s not fair to everybody else.
That's not what I'm asking. My question was pretty clear: Let's say student tickets count against the 10,000. Let's say 3,400 students buy a ticket. Are you mad or not?

I'm not certain but I know bowl games often have separate allotments for student sections. I'm hoping that's the case here.

That said, I'm in the group of people who bought seats for other STHs so we could be sure to sit together, and now I'm not sure we're all going to get in when we could have if we bought separately. Hopefully it works out.

The part that bugs me is that my card has already been run, so I'm out cash for tickets I may not receive. Not in love with using NU's ticket office as a bank.
They will credit you back for any tickets you do not get.

That's not what I'm asking. My question was pretty clear: Let's say student tickets count against the 10,000. Let's say 3,400 students buy a ticket. Are you mad or not?

Stop. My position is clear. If you don’t want to be bothered to read it, that’s on you.

Yeah I did some research and the 10000 allotment includes student tickets and bands. Though Penn State somehow got an extra 500 tickets a few years ago.

Michigan State allocated 2500 from their total allotment for students at $40 per ticket and band a couple years ago.

That isn't what happened. Every school allocates a substantial number for students (especially those closer like us).

Even if a major donor didn't step up, AD would've set aside 1000 tickets for students and done $60-80 package trips for them.

Instead Philips got a donor to pay for it and boosted the student allotment to 3400.

Except it was a false story. So the bitching that sucks is yours because I said much earlier that it’s fantastic that the students are going and that the donor did what he did. You’re attacking a fallacy.

You believed it was true, and I am attacking your position as if the underlying fact was indeed true. you don't get to run from your shit opinion just because the underlying premise changed. If the 3,400 was part of the 10,000, your position would still be what it was an hour ago.

Reactions: hoosboot

Out of ****ing philanthropy. Yes, that's terrible.

Reactions: gocatsgo2003

Just when I thought your posts couldn’t get any worse, you have managed to outdo yourself again.
“Damn rich guy giving things away to benefit others”

But ME, ME, what about ME?!?!?!?

Bobb's take is truly American.

Sheesh. Relax child. Relax. Find something else to criticize other than one persons take on what turned out to be false information. Get a life.

Sheesh. Relax child. Relax. Find something else to criticize other than one persons take on what turned out to be false information. Get a life.

You are not getting that it doesn't matter that the information that upset you was false. I am willing to hypothetically assume that it was all true. Your take still sucks. Also, it's this or put my 3 year-old to bed. This posting *is* my life preference!

If there were no tickets available at all or if the only tickets you could buy were thousands of dollars that might be different.
But, as has been pointed out numerous times there are hundreds of tickets available on Seat Geek or Stub Hub for $100 or so, stop complaining and buy some tickets.

Get a life.

MV5BMjAyMzc5MDU3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjgzMzY5._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

You believed it was true, and I am attacking your position as if the underlying fact was indeed true. you don't get to run from your shit opinion just because the underlying premise changed. If the 3,400 was part of the 10,000, your position would still be what it was an hour ago.

You’re arguing against the wind. Enjoy.

But if it was true, it would be wrong for one person to buy up 34% of our allotment unless he had the right via a fair process to buy it up. When other STHs are being told they can’t get 4, it would not be right for one to simply write a big check to get 3400. If you can’t understand that, that’s on you, not me.

You’re arguing against the wind. Enjoy.

But if it was true, it would be wrong for one person to buy up 34% of our allotment unless he had the right via a fair process to buy it up. When other STHs are being told they can’t get 4, it would not be right for one to simply write a big check to get 3400. If you can’t understand that, that’s on you, not me.
K, but like, in no world did he/she actually buy the tickets...that's the point.

Your take is horrible. Your take might be wrong. You decide to shout down others.

Perfect.

If this gets 3400 students to the game, many of whom wouldn't otherwise be there, and then the 'Cats fans shut out of the allotment go on Ticketmaster and buy tickets there, I see that as up to 3400 more purple fans at the game. It's a better showing for the 'Cats and I think it's a good thing.

K, but like, in no world did he/she actually buy the tickets...that's the point.

You’re not making any sense. He did buy the tickets. Just stop. You’re fighting me over nothing and for no real reason other than to chest thump
about how much you love students. Good for you. So do I. That doesn’t mean people get to jump the line to the tune of 1/3 of the tickets just because they want to do something nice. Sorry you can’t understand the basic concept that good intentions are not an excuse to short change somebody else in the process

You’re not making any sense. He did buy the tickets. Just stop. You’re fighting me over nothing and for no real reason other than to chest thump
about how much you love students. Good for you. So do I. That doesn’t mean people get to jump the line to the tune of 1/3 of the tickets just because they want to do something nice. Sorry you can’t understand the basic concept that good intentions are not an excuse to short change somebody else in the process
So, if 0 students signed up, do you think NU would have given that donor 3400 tickets?

Let's say student tickets count against the 10,000. Let's say 3,400 students buy a ticket. Are you mad or not?
The kvetching makes no sense to me. If NU had sold 3400 tickets to a scalper looking to make a profit, the kvetchers might have a case. But NU is selling them to a philanthropist who is giving them away so college kids can have a great memory that they may well treasure for the rest of their lives. How can anyone possibly have a problem with that?

NU has no obligation to STHs or anyone else to make CG tickets available. They're free to allocate them as they please. The facts of life are such that big donors and other VIPs will be first in line. That shiny new Fitz Mahal practice facility didn't build itself, you know.

Reactions: Bwm57
Let's say student tickets count against the 10,000. Let's say 3,400 students buy a ticket. Are you mad or not?
I think the announcement listed the sections and the prices that applied to them. Is there anyone who knows enough about the stadium to know if you add the $190. seats to the $85. what the total would be? If that total is 10,000 we would have our answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT