ADVERTISEMENT

OT - KC

Figrating

Dec 19, 2007
Heard the announcers say something like it doesn't make a lot of difference whether KC gets the ball on the 20 or the 40 because they're likely to score on every possession. That smallish RB they found has made them a level stronger.

Later, when it was 3rd and goal at about the 7, KC scored. The announcer said something like no need for KC to overthink the play-calling at 3rd and goal on the 7 - just send Tyreek across the field, he's faster than they are, and you get the TD. So true.

KC looks like SB Champs again.

Heard the announcers say something like it doesn't make a lot of difference whether KC gets the ball on the 20 or the 40 because they're likely to score on every possession. That smallish RB they found has made them a level stronger.

Later, when it was 3rd and goal at about the 7, KC scored. The announcer said something like no need for KC to overthink the play-calling at 3rd and goal on the 7 - just send Tyreek across the field, he's faster than they are, and you get the TD. So true.

KC looks like SB Champs again.

Why did KC have fans at the game and the other teams didn't?

Why did KC have fans at the game and the other teams didn't?

Something to do with KC being the only game being played in a Red State, or were there others?

in any event it was the only game I saw where the crowd noise made any sense. It was so dumb hearing crowd noise of an equivalent level regardless of whether it was the home or away team making a play or scoring.

I think I would have preferred a canned laugh track for the games where there was no audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: nugnrfan82
I dunno. I watched the Packers/Vikings game and felt the crowd noise mostly worked. Especially late in the first half when GB got two quick touchdowns and the control room mixed in boos for the Vikes.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I dunno. I watched the Packers/Vikings game and felt the crowd noise mostly worked. Especially late in the first half when GB got two quick touchdowns and the control room mixed in boos for the Vikes.

Thanks. Sounds like some of the broadcasts did better with the piped in cloud noise. I know I was exaggerating, but it did seem odd to hear the stadium explode in cheers when it was not the home team making a play.

This is probably a rant board post, but I"m hoping that when you say that this was the only game where the "crowd noise made sense," you aren't referring to the booing of the teams' standing at midfield in unity. . . It's not as if they were disrespecting the flag or something like that.

I think Jacksonville was the only team that allowed fans yesterday; another red state.
Also an outdoor stadium, just like Arrowhead. I believe that outdoor gatherings are considered less dangerous than indoor gatherings? I don't know if that plays into the NFL decision, but I'm curious.

Something to do with KC being the only game being played in a Red State, or were there others?

in any event it was the only game I saw where the crowd noise made any sense. It was so dumb hearing crowd noise of an equivalent level regardless of whether it was the home or away team making a play or scoring.

I think I would have preferred a canned laugh track for the games where there was no audience.
Also an outdoor stadium, just like Arrowhead. I believe that outdoor gatherings are considered less dangerous than indoor gatherings? I don't know if that plays into the NFL decision, but I'm curious.

Good point regarding the games being played outside.

Returning to the subject of crowd noise the technology should be able to allow virtual audience members to electronically input their cheers and jeers somehow to at least make what is heard on the broadcasts more authentic.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT