ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Bowl Orgy

Give some credit to Iowa. They dominated both lines and played a better game, including coaching. We need to get our W back next season and keep our winning streak going.
Just get a kick out of when we people are clamoring for Iowa’s offense. I guess anything seems high powered compared to NU. I’ve shared my opinion many times, being Iowa is not the goal. There are a nice program. Consistent, clean and rarely nationally relevant. Could say the same about NU up until this seasons debacle. NU needs to have a higher end goal. Doesn’t mean they will get there, but they sure shouldn’t settle for a target of second in the West. I realize NU is dead last this year, but Iowa has not been an offensive powerhouse for a long time. Eyes on the prize.

Reactions: Fitz51 and NUCat320
Just get a kick out of when we people are clamoring for Iowa’s offense. I guess anything seems high powered compared to NU. I’ve shared my opinion many times, being Iowa is not the goal. There are a nice program. Consistent, clean and rarely nationally relevant. Could say the same about NU up until this seasons debacle. NU needs to have a higher end goal. Doesn’t mean they will get there, but they sure shouldn’t settle for a target of second in the West. I realize NU is dead last this year, but Iowa has not been an offensive powerhouse for a long time. Eyes on the prize.

Iowa’s offensive system has little to do with it. Put better players in Iowa’s system and you would have a better team. As USC demonstrated last night, coaching does matter but -70% of the battle is about the players and how well they execute the plan that is given to them.

Iowa: powerful O line, effective running game that can control the clock, consistently excellent pass catching TEs and usually at least one explosive playmaking WR. What’s not to like?

Memphis giving Penn State all they can handle. Very entertaining game. Hope the Big Ten prevails.

Memphis giving Penn State all they can handle. Very entertaining game. Hope the Big Ten prevails.

I'll root for the Big Ten in every game...except I can't root for Penn State. Go Memphis!

You're right though - very entertaining. Neither team can stop the other.

I'll root for the Big Ten in every game...except I can't root for Penn State. Go Memphis!

You're right though - very entertaining. Neither team can stop the other.
I agree with you but Memphis’s QB just made the worst decision I’ve seen a player make all bowl season.

Instead of taking the sack, he just tossed the ball to #17 on Ped State’s defense for the easiest defensive touchdown I’ve seen in a while. Brutal way to fall behind in an otherwise well-played game.

I think I just heard the announcer say PSU's defense is "impenetrable today". Is he watching the same game? The Memphis QB owns them. Only threw the late pick because he was forcing the throw as they were behind.

Lots of NFL caliber talent on both teams out there today. I am surprised at how many impressive players Memphis has.

How did perennially overrated ND end up in the Poulan Weedeater bowl or whatever?

2 losses to ranked teams. For them that usually equates to a beat down in a large bowl

How did perennially overrated ND end up in the Poulan Weedeater bowl or whatever?

2 losses to ranked teams. For them that usually equates to a beat down in a large bowl

They smoked Iowa State. ND has a really solid team. Not BCS caliber but they certainly belong in that next tier.

They smoked Iowa State. ND has a really solid team. Not BCS caliber but they certainly belong in that next tier.
agreed. Surprised they fell that far. I know they are unprotected and unaffiliated if they end up outside of top 12, just seems like some yellow plaid jacketed bowl rep would have placed them higher

Burrow is putting on a show! Pro style QB with just enough legs to make critical runs.

On the other hand, watching Burrow gives encouragement for pro style QB's - like HJ.

Reactions: DaCat
Burrow is putting on a show! Pro style QB with just enough legs to make critical runs.

I can see Hunter Johnson playing like Burrow. At least physically he has all the tools, just gotta get him into a system that makes him comfortable. And surrounding him with playmakers would help too.

I think I just heard the announcer say PSU's defense is "impenetrable today". Is he watching the same game? The Memphis QB owns them. Only threw the late pick because he was forcing the throw as they were behind.

My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable.

I have no grudge with Oklahoma, but it would be great to see LSU lay 75 on them. This is a world class shellacking!

On the other hand, watching Burrow gives encouragement for pro style QB's - like HJ.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that Hunter is a “pro style” QB? I am not sure any of us has seen enough of him in a game to know much about what type of quarterback HJ is.

It would be fun to see LSU hang 100 on OU. Almost halfway there at halftime 49-14.

The sideline reporter - very attractive young lady- asked Lincoln Riley what defensive adjustments he needs to make at half. You can't make it up!

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that Hunter is a “pro style” QB? I am not sure any of us has seen enough of him in a game to know much about what type of quarterback HJ is.

Fair. When he ran it was usually for his life. Just reading the press clippings.

Fair. When he ran it was usually for his life. Just reading the press clippings.

I get it and I hope you are right but I think we are way beyond press clippings time. Based on what he showed on the field last year, I think the NU faithful would be wise to ratchet down the expectations. I sense people still have an irrational expectation that he is a lock to line up next year and play like an NFL first round pick. While I think that’s still a possible outcome, I think it’s just as likely that he gets beat out and rides the pine the rest of his career.

Reactions: julescat
The sideline reporter - very attractive young lady- asked Lincoln Riley what defensive adjustments he needs to make at half. You can't make it up!
Laura Rutledge is an SEC Network employee.......the SEC has the best talent in all aspects!

I get it and I hope you are right but I think we are way beyond press clippings time. Based on what he showed on the field last year, I think the NU faithful would be wise to ratchet down the expectations. I sense people still have an irrational expectation that he is a lock to line up next year and play like an NFL first round pick. While I think that’s still a possible outcome, I think it’s just as likely that he gets beat out and rides the pine the rest of his career.
Yep. Hunter Johnson showed nothing, in the times he was able to stay on the field, that he is any good at all at this level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT